DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Hotel Parq Central(Albuquerque)
$161
$137
Official Website
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
$102
$149
$114
$109
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
ComfortInn
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotel Andaluz(Albuquerque)
$180
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
1,642 results
All reviewsdouble treeconvention centerfront deskwarm cookiesdowntown areashuttle driverold townbreakfast buffetfree shuttlebusiness tripnew mexicoconference
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Not Albuquerques best. Really disappointed. Parking is a disaster. The charge 10 per day, not bat right? However, once you pay you're not guaranted a space! It's a small lot and if you don't have a space you have to park in the convention center garage across the street.

The ultra modern decor didn't work for me. T he lobby area reminds me of a hospital.

Rooms clean and looked remodeled, but on closer examination they did a terrible job and really didn't update the rooms at all. No newspaper service. Wifi was slow...really slow.

Front desk staff was terrible. Slow and unfriendly.

On the positive, the restaurant staff was very good and friendly. Breakfast was ok. The Bellmen and Car Attendants tried to accomodate the parking frenzy, but it is a loosing battle.

Bottom line is that there are better places to stay in Albuguerque. Business travellers should only stay here as a last resort. I 40 auto travellers should avoid this place at all costs, especially if you have large vehicles and/or families.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank TRWilliams2
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This hotel is the nicest I have stayed at in Aalbuquerque! The location is great downtown and is close to anywhere you need to be. Check-In was fast and eay (and you get a delicious Doubletree classic cookie!) The rooms are very nice and the beds are comfy. You are greeted when you enter by a very friendly staff person as well. I don't understand the negative reviews. I booked this hotel on priceline.com as well and was treated very well. Aalso, parking in any downtown is going to cost you. The $10 parking is very reasonable considering most Dallas overnight parking is closer to $25. This hotel can not be beat if you need to stay downtown.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank kclop10
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

On behalf of the Doubletree Team we would like to "Thank you" for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward in accommodating you in the near future!

Mrs. Loretta Chavez

Reviewed March 24, 2010

traveled to this hotel with my co workers for a conference... it was very nice and close to where we needed to be

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2010

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2010

We planned a budget trip to Albuquerque with my teenage son. There were a lot of places we were planning to visit. Thus, the hotel was not as important, as long as the location was good and we could have a good night sleep. I put a relatively low bid ($55) through Priceline and instantly won this hotel. After that I read some reviews and honestly was prepared for something much worse than what it turned out to be.

It is not a new hotel. But, it is updated and clean. I actually liked the simplicity and modernism of the decor. Our room was large and had two comfortable queen size beds in it. It had most of the things you can expect to find in a 3 star hotel. But, a couple of important things were missing. One was a little fridge, which I really wanted to have, because I like having a fridge when traveling with family. The second was a safe box, which could be inconvenient to leave valuables in the room. On the positive side, I liked the convenience of free wifi internet. That was nice. And, overall I didn't find anything about the hotel I really didn't like. The location was in downtown. So, it would probably appeal more to the business travelers. Albuquerque downtown is pretty much your average American downtown - boring.

Overall, the hotel was not that bad. I have stayed at different hotels all over the world, and I can tell you - there are much worse places for a whole lot more money out there. But, it was a "budget" trip. And, I think the price I paid was fair. BTW, I listened to some of the reviewers and didn't park at the hotel parking lot, which they do charge $10/night for. I conveniently parked by one of the entrances from the street at a parking meter (which is free from 6 pm to 8 am). That was perfect, because we were gone all day anyway.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Doubletree. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and that you found our Sweet Dream beds to be so comfortable. During your next visit just wanted to let you know we offer safe boxes which are located at the front desk.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2010

I arrived at the Doubletree as part of a conference. The location of the hotel to the convention center cannot be beat, as there is an underground passage connecting the hotel to the convention center. There is an airport shuttle service (one the hotel doesn't seem to want to advertise. Thank you to the woman at the information desk in the airport for saving me cab fare, although I did have to wait about 15 minutes for the shuttle van.)

Check in seemed a bit rushed. The check in desks are off to the side of the lobby, almost hidden by the elevators. If the line to check in gets more than two people deep, you actually end up blocking the elevator doors. I was quickly checked in, but was not given the hot cookie that is the hotel's signature. No explanation, just a "Next". So, sad that I wasn't welcomed with one of my favorite reasons to stay at a Doubletree, I went up to my room.

The hotel is laid out in a square shape, meaning that all rooms are subjected to at least two hallways' worth of noise. The layout also means that rooms are not the same. My corner room had the bed area immediately as you enter the room, with the bathroom tucked around behind. I didn't realize how loud it would be due to the location of the bed literally right next to the door.

The furnishings appear rather new and the bed, though saggy on the ends, was comfortable enough. The television is a vintage 25-inch Zenith, so it must have been the only item in the room that was leftover from the previous refurbishment. My Hilton requests were not in the room (second time that the service has not delivered) and had to ring housekeeping to bring up hypoallergenic pillows. The maid must have missed a few things before I checked in. There was garbage in the can from the previous guest.

My main issue with this hotel is the sub-par noiseproofing. Any guest on the floor slamming his or her door will be heard by pretty much everyone on the floor. I heard the person in the next room using the bathroom (right behind my head while I was in bed) and suffice to say, if someone has their TV on loudly, you will more than likely be able to pick out which channel they are watching. The other odd thing is that the air/heating unit is loud, jet engine taking off loud. I could hear my neighbor's heat kicking on with regular frequency. The units are wall-mounted, which also allows the noise from the street (as well as exhaust from the city buses) to come directly into your room.

Internet access was quick and free, but you needed to have an access code. I didn't have any complaints about the internet or the television channel selection. There is also a few computers downstairs in the lobby where you can browse the internet and print boarding passes.

There is a restaurant in the basement of the hotel and a small bar on the lobby level. I cannot vouch for these as I did not try either during my stay. However, if it is your first time to downtown ABQ, be prepared that not many restaurants and/or shops in the area are open past 6 p.m. We got rushed out of a diner at 8:00 p.m. so you may end up having to eat in the restaurant at some point if business goes too late into the evening. There is also the exorbitant room service available as well.

The staff was hit or miss. Some, such as the young lady who handled my check out, was delightful. Others were surly and cold. It was obvious that even though the hotel was the host hotel for a convention, the staffing was sub-par. There was one woman working the check in desk the second day of the convention, when there were the majority of the exhibitors checking in. Not very good staffing policies. Supposedly, the shuttle was available to take guests within a radius around the hotel (and friends had used it the night before to get to dinner) but when we asked, we were told no. Just a strange experience. I was supposed to stay four nights, but decided to change my ticket so I could go home early, which is not usual for me. But I was so tired and needing to finally get a good night's sleep that I had to leave. I would not stay here again unless I needed to be close to the convention center and the other surrounding hotels were full.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business