“A good week”

Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
United States
“A good week”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

King-size bed and bed coverings are comfortable. Slept well. Noise from hall or adjacent rooms average or a little better. Decent modern bar on first floor with acceptable prices, and better than average artful food selections. Staff very helpful. One very nice feature - they have a free shuttle that can pick you up at the airport or take you within ~ 4 miles of hotel. Tip the driver. Enjoy Albuquerque and take the nearby Rail Runner to Santa Fe for less than $10 roundtrip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Edward P,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback from your experience at Doubletree Albuquerque. It's great to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our accommodations and amenities well suited for your travels. We hope you had a great time exploring Albuquerque, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Newport News, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Unless you need to be close to the convention center, you may want to go somewhere else. For the Hilton Group this was a disappointing. Sounds from the stairwell across the hall, next room, and fitness room next door came through the walls and door loud and irritating. Cost was reasonable. Hotel staff was average; no one at the HHonors desk. Room was cramped. Comfortable bed. Bath a squeeze. Restaurant food was good and reasonably priced but service was bad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Joseph B,
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your stay. Your feedback provides many areas we can work on in order to provide the exceptional stay and service you've come to expect from us. We value you as our guest and hope you'll afford us an opportunity to make amends in the future and show improvements. Thank you again.

Denver, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Convenient to Convention center. Has an underground passageway to and from convention center. It has a free shuttle to and from airport. Room was clean. Okay pricing. It is within walking distance to restaurants/bars. Would stay again.

Ty K,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Doubletree Albuquerque. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our shuttle service and close proximity to the convention center made for convenient travels. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the near future. Thanks again.

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The staff was friendly, our room was spacious and clean, and the cookies were great! We stayed during the Balloon Festival, and the property had been recently updated. When we arrived, the cookies were still in the oven. The staff brought fresh cookies to our room to make it a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Jack P,
We're happy to have had you as our guests at Doubletree Albuquerque during the Balloon Festival and we appreciate you writing a review about your stay. It's fantastic to hear that our friendly staff, clean accommodations, and delicious fresh baked cookies made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you'll have an opportunity to stay with us again soon for a visit. Thank you again for writing.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Once you get past attemping to make a reservation and them actually keeping your reservation this hotel is a solid choice. Just make sure you confirm your reservation the day before you get there. Also in attempting to rectify situation the customer service was not exactly steller. But after we checked in it was a fine experience. The front desk was very nice. The cookies are excellant.
The rooms are clean and comfy. The location itself worked perfect for us. We walked two blocks to Rail Runner and took that to Santa Fe for the day. The free shuttle to airport is nice. Just know there is not much going on in this part of town. You will need a car to get around. Debbie Williams at the front desk was a wealth of information and very friendly. For our journey this was a fine choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
annamarie816,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at Doubletree Albuquerque. I sincerely apologize for any frustrations you experienced during the reservation process. I'm glad you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and found our clean accommodations, friendly staff, and complimentary shuttle service to meet your satisfaction. I appreciate you acknowledging Debbie for her friendly service and helpful information, and I'll be certain to recognize her with a special commendation. We value you as our guest and hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Utah
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel itself was just fine. Clean, fine location, comfortable beds. I probably would've rated this hotel higher except the service was pretty appalling. Not only did I have a strangely hostile conversation with the front desk when I requested they re-send my reservation confirmation e-mail because I had never received it, but the man working the desk when we checked out was also quite rude.

Some extra details on the phone conversation -- I was transferred mid-sentence THREE TIMES. It was as if the person I was speaking with could not wait to get rid of me. I kept getting transferred to random voicemails of other employees and had to hang up and call back. I was in the middle of suggesting that maybe they had mis-typed my e-mail address (which ended up being the case) when I was transferred to someone's voicemail in accounting. It was so incredibly weird and rude. If it hadn't been days before the balloon fiesta, when another room would have been hard to find, I would've canceled and booked somewhere else.

Samiam887,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you did not receive the excellence in service that you've come to expect from us. This is definitely not up to our standards and we're sorry for any inconveniences you experienced as a result. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention, and I assure you I have addressed your comments with our staff so we can consistently provide exceptional service to all guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found our accommodations clean and comfortable during your visit. We value you as our guest and do hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future so we can provide a more positive experience. Thank you again for writing.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I travel a lot for work and this is the worst hotel I've stayed at. Specifically I am referring to the staff. They overcharged both my credit card and my roommates credit card multiple times. Even while we were staying there they assured us that these were only "holds" on the credit card and it would be correct at the end. I can understand making a mistake maybe once or twice, but 4 times?! To make it worse, they wouldn't reverse the charge when I called because it was a weekend and I have to call back on Monday. This is an unnecessary hassle that should be taken care of immediately not just during business hours. Regarding the stay, the only positive was that it was convenient to the convention center. The rooms smelled musty and the restaurant was mediocre at best. I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Tina K,
Thank you for writing. I'm very sorry for the experience you had while staying with us, as well as any inconveniences that resulted. Your feedback is important to us and we apologize that you were unhappy with the way the situation was handled. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance. We value your business and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.