“Doubletree is okay, but could be better”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas, Texas
“Doubletree is okay, but could be better”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree when in Albuquerque for a conference. The front desk staff was nice and the room was fine. The restaurant was not great but there are many places within walking distance. The biggest issue was getting transportation.

I had some problems when trying to get a shuttle. When I called the hotel before I arrived and inquired about a shuttle from the airport, I was told that I needed to catch a cab. When I arrived my friend told me that there was indeed a shuttle that you could take to and from the airport. I inquired about getting on the list to go back to the airport on Saturday and was told that the first shuttle left at 6:00 a.m. My flight boarded at 6:30 and I was concerned that this was too close but they assured me that it would be fine and that they could not leave any earlier. I was worried enough that I had them call the cab company and reserved a cab to leave at 5:30. When I came downstairs at 5:25 the morning I was departing there was no cab - I was told that a cab had been there, but just left with someone else. However, they offered to take me on the shuttle that was leaving at 5:30. I had asked them 3 times (and three different people) if there was a shuttle before 6:00 am. and was told all 3 times that 6 was the earliest. Needless to say, I took the 5:30 shuttle and arrived at the gate with minutes to spare. If I had waited until 6:00 I would have likely missed my flight because of the security delays. Not sure why I was getting the wrong information, but the entire situation left a bad taste in my mouth. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
rockettmom,
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you encountered with the transportation and inconsistent information. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with the shuttle. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you travel to Albuquerque.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The gal greeting me was friendly until she saw that I booked the room thru Priceline. I asked if a king was available and she said with a $10 up charge which I declined. She put me in a double "handicap" room. This room was missing the sink stop in the bathroom, frame around mirror splitting - just not nice. Would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
hcjc68,
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

El Segundo, California
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful for my stay. I was walking distance from so many things that I was able to entertain myself nicely w/o a car. I chose not to eat breakfast in the Hotel On my arrival however I had the special dinner in the bar. Fish was yummy and the brownie dessert with ice cream and fruit was over the top delicious.

Room Tip: I liked the Mountain view from the top floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JeanT923,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Doubletree. We’re happy to have had you stay with us and are glad you received friendly service from our great stay and found our hotel conveniently located for your travel needs. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Ouarzazate, Morocco
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What wonderful people! After flying in waaaay too early to check in, Debby at the front desk turned us on to a delicious little restaurant where we could go get some authentic New Mexican breakfast. It was too delicious. Then we found out our rooms would be ready early and in fact, they were ready a half-hour before that! I have seen some complaints on here lately about the cleanliness, etc. Well, my room was wonderful. One of my colleagues was given a room on the 12th floor. I guess that used to be their smoking floor (it's all non-smoking now) and he had to get a new room because of the smell. The only issue U had about my room was that the bathroom was a bit scrunchy. Other than that I was as happy as a clam. The restaurant was great for breakfast and Anthony treated me like a regular customer. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
capoppy55,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Doubletree. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and found the cleanliness of your room to meet your expectations. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. I’ll make sure Debby and Anthony receive a special commendation for their outstanding service. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for those needing a great downtown location. It is right next door to the convention center and within walking distance of many great breakfast, lunch and dinner spots.
The hotel is quite new and all rooms offer free Wifi. Televisions are HD and offer many channels.
My only complaint is the $12 parking fee if you are bringing a car to the hotel. Just one of those add on fees that bites!
Enjoy great Mexican style food in town. Very spicy offerings for those that like some heat!
Z Man

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators. Less traffic outside the room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
HOWARD Z,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visit and our great downtown location. Thank you for your recommendations and letting future travelers know about our great hotel and wonderful offerings. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel, big comfortable rooms, super helpful staff. they give you so much for the price including free shuttle service to/from the airport and popular city destinations. The bellmen and concierge were so helpful and friendly, going out of their way for us. The bar is a great touch, and the restaurant had a delicious breakfast buffet. I did not get to use the pool or the gym but it's nice that they have those amenities. Efforts to be green always get a thumbs up from me,and this hotel does a lot. And of course, FRESH BAKED COOKIES!

• Stayed April 2013
dlinsyann,
We’re happy to have had you stay with us and we appreciate you choosing Doubletree. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our property, the comfortable rooms as well as our friendly staff. We’re proud to offer such a wonderful variety of amenities to our guests. We enjoyed your company and hope you’ll be back for another visit. We’ll have a fresh baked cookie waiting for you. Thank you again.

State College, PA
Reviewed April 1, 2013

With its location right next to the convention center downtown, this hotel is perfect if you are there for a convention or other business downtown. However, the downtown area was eerily deserted even on weekdays, even at "rush hour" let alone later at night. I didn't feel unsafe necessarily, though the fact that I needed to insert my room key to enter the hotel from the street on the convention center side suggested security concerns. You can walk to part of "Rt. 66," somewhat of a tourist attraction, and there is some nice outdoor art downtown (the city obviously puts a priority on art), but overall there isn't much within walking distance including restaurants. For breakfast though there is a nice little place on the corner just past the Convention Center that I recommend over the usual inflated hotel prices. The food in the restaurant hotel was fine (New Mexican) but the night we ate there for dinner it was so deserted that the friendly waitress was actually intrusive in the number of times she stopped by to see if we needed anything. The hotel bar area is very non-descript, not very inviting. The room was large, clean, and comfortable with minor negatives: the AC fan was very loud (kept waking me up at night when it came on) and the tub was very slippery- we put down a wet towel because there was no mat. There was no mini-fridge (apparently you can order one for an extra $10/night) and the ice bucket was small. The Internet worked fine. Parking was extra charge, but conveniently located.
On the positive side, EVERYONE on the staff we encountered was exceptionally friendly, not just in a routine trained-to-do-so way, but in a genuine way. (I added a star for service.) And of course the warm cookies at check-in are yummy. Nice view of the city and mountains on the horizon from the upper floors (there aren't many other tall buildings in ABQ).
If you have a car, it's not a far drive to the old town area (more charm there) or further out to the petroglyph national monument (we had a nice hike in one of the canyons there).

Room Tip: Great view from the 15th floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHotels, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
DT25,
Thank you for writing a review on your experience with us at Doubletree. I’m happy you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and location conveniently located near the convention center. I greatly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. We have a great team here that genuinely cares about each guest experience. I hope you enjoyed your hike in the canyons at Petroglyph National Monument and exploring Old Town! I apologize for the details that did not make for a positive experience and appreciate you bringing these to my attention. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We value you as a guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager