“Not What I Expected”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The gal greeting me was friendly until she saw that I booked the room thru Priceline. I asked if a king was available and she said with a $10 up charge which I declined. She put me in a double "handicap" room. This room was missing the sink stop in the bathroom, frame around mirror splitting - just not nice. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

hcjc68,
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful for my stay. I was walking distance from so many things that I was able to entertain myself nicely w/o a car. I chose not to eat breakfast in the Hotel On my arrival however I had the special dinner in the bar. Fish was yummy and the brownie dessert with ice cream and fruit was over the top delicious.

Room Tip: I liked the Mountain view from the top floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

JeanT923,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Doubletree. We’re happy to have had you stay with us and are glad you received friendly service from our great stay and found our hotel conveniently located for your travel needs. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What wonderful people! After flying in waaaay too early to check in, Debby at the front desk turned us on to a delicious little restaurant where we could go get some authentic New Mexican breakfast. It was too delicious. Then we found out our rooms would be ready early and in fact, they were ready a half-hour before that! I have seen some complaints on here lately about the cleanliness, etc. Well, my room was wonderful. One of my colleagues was given a room on the 12th floor. I guess that used to be their smoking floor (it's all non-smoking now) and he had to get a new room because of the smell. The only issue U had about my room was that the bathroom was a bit scrunchy. Other than that I was as happy as a clam. The restaurant was great for breakfast and Anthony treated me like a regular customer. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

capoppy55,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Doubletree. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and found the cleanliness of your room to meet your expectations. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. I’ll make sure Debby and Anthony receive a special commendation for their outstanding service. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for those needing a great downtown location. It is right next door to the convention center and within walking distance of many great breakfast, lunch and dinner spots.
The hotel is quite new and all rooms offer free Wifi. Televisions are HD and offer many channels.
My only complaint is the $12 parking fee if you are bringing a car to the hotel. Just one of those add on fees that bites!
Enjoy great Mexican style food in town. Very spicy offerings for those that like some heat!
Z Man

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators. Less traffic outside the room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

HOWARD Z,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visit and our great downtown location. Thank you for your recommendations and letting future travelers know about our great hotel and wonderful offerings. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel, big comfortable rooms, super helpful staff. they give you so much for the price including free shuttle service to/from the airport and popular city destinations. The bellmen and concierge were so helpful and friendly, going out of their way for us. The bar is a great touch, and the restaurant had a delicious breakfast buffet. I did not get to use the pool or the gym but it's nice that they have those amenities. Efforts to be green always get a thumbs up from me,and this hotel does a lot. And of course, FRESH BAKED COOKIES!

• Stayed: April 2013

dlinsyann,
We’re happy to have had you stay with us and we appreciate you choosing Doubletree. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our property, the comfortable rooms as well as our friendly staff. We’re proud to offer such a wonderful variety of amenities to our guests. We enjoyed your company and hope you’ll be back for another visit. We’ll have a fresh baked cookie waiting for you. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

With its location right next to the convention center downtown, this hotel is perfect if you are there for a convention or other business downtown. However, the downtown area was eerily deserted even on weekdays, even at "rush hour" let alone later at night. I didn't feel unsafe necessarily, though the fact that I needed to insert my room key to enter the hotel from the street on the convention center side suggested security concerns. You can walk to part of "Rt. 66," somewhat of a tourist attraction, and there is some nice outdoor art downtown (the city obviously puts a priority on art), but overall there isn't much within walking distance including restaurants. For breakfast though there is a nice little place on the corner just past the Convention Center that I recommend over the usual inflated hotel prices. The food in the restaurant hotel was fine (New Mexican) but the night we ate there for dinner it was so deserted that the friendly waitress was actually intrusive in the number of times she stopped by to see if we needed anything. The hotel bar area is very non-descript, not very inviting. The room was large, clean, and comfortable with minor negatives: the AC fan was very loud (kept waking me up at night when it came on) and the tub was very slippery- we put down a wet towel because there was no mat. There was no mini-fridge (apparently you can order one for an extra $10/night) and the ice bucket was small. The Internet worked fine. Parking was extra charge, but conveniently located.
On the positive side, EVERYONE on the staff we encountered was exceptionally friendly, not just in a routine trained-to-do-so way, but in a genuine way. (I added a star for service.) And of course the warm cookies at check-in are yummy. Nice view of the city and mountains on the horizon from the upper floors (there aren't many other tall buildings in ABQ).
If you have a car, it's not a far drive to the old town area (more charm there) or further out to the petroglyph national monument (we had a nice hike in one of the canyons there).

Room Tip: Great view from the 15th floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHotels, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

DT25,
Thank you for writing a review on your experience with us at Doubletree. I’m happy you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and location conveniently located near the convention center. I greatly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. We have a great team here that genuinely cares about each guest experience. I hope you enjoyed your hike in the canyons at Petroglyph National Monument and exploring Old Town! I apologize for the details that did not make for a positive experience and appreciate you bringing these to my attention. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We value you as a guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2013

After a phenomenally long drive into Albuquerque, we were cranky, tired and hungry. It was 9pm and we hadn't had dinner. Luckily, Christopher, our waiter at the restaurant (he's also the food and beverage manager), totally turned our evening around. He was pleasant, funny and concerned for one of our sick kids in the room. Before we left, he made up a care package of hot tea and warm bread for our youngster. The service at this hotel was superb, and we will use Doubletree again in other cities because of it. A special thanks to Christopher Dressler.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Renee B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Sangfroid,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at DoubleTree Hotel. It’s great to hear your wonderful comments about the exceptional service that our staff and Christopher provided after such a long drive. I’ll make sure Christopher receives a special commendation for his outstanding service to you and your family. We value you as a guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again your review.