“Restaurant Service Lacking”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Restaurant Service Lacking”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently returned to this hotel after having a really nice experience the last time (see my previous posting from last summer). And, although this visit was pretty consistent with the last on most accounts, unfortunately I felt the service in the restaurant was lacking ... or at least it left much to be desired.
During my first night, I ate in the restaurant, and though the food was good, the service was horrible. I just about swore off ever eating at the hotel again, except that the following night I stopped in at the bar for a drink before heading out for dinner, and eventually (and fortunately) decided to just stay in and have dinner there again (granted I was a bit lazy to leave the hotel ... it was a long day). I'm certainly glad I decided to stay, because the young woman at the bar (I think her name was Kim) exhibited exceptional personal skills and provided fantastic dinner service (albeit a bar dinner). Thank you Kim (I hope I have your name right) for redeeming my impression of the hotel's service rating.
So, other than the less than desirable service in the restaurant, the hotel is still a top stop for me when I'm in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: If you're going to eat a meal there, eat at the bar instead of the restaurant - service is actua...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
drmiera,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear from you, and we appreciate you staying with us at Doubletree. Firstly, I apologize for any of our service lacking excellence. Secondly, I'm glad to hear that Kim was able to make up for your dissatisfaction and exhibit exceptional service with a friendly demeanor. I'll reward her with a special commendation to show her my appreciation for her outstanding work. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We value you as our guest and hope to see you again the next time you're in Albuquerque.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The warm cookie at check-in was great. i got a reduced rate for the room. it was very convenient to the convention center where the event i was attending was held. Parking was convenient and easy to access.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Cowboysrule931,
We're glad to hear from you, and we're delighted to know that you had a nice, pleasant stay with us at Doubletree Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our property, and I'm glad you especially liked the welcoming warm cookie! Please plan to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Albuquerque.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

But just my initial experience with front desk mgr Stacy addressing my frustration with Central Reservations has been remarkable. I think I have found THE best place to stay in town! As a single women traveling, Stacy also highlighted security measures in place as I expressed concern after other travelers comments expressed concerns about panhandlers on street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kbnaperville,
We appreciate you taking a moment and writing a review. I'm glad to hear that Stacy was able to assist you in a kind and professional manner. We look forward to your visit. Thanks again.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I ended up staying here for a couple of nights due to arriving to ABQ early for a conference over at the Hyatt. It was incredibly honorable for DT to offer assistance to the good number of us who needed a place to stay. They even moved our bags from their place to the Hyatt while we were doing our conference activities. Yep, Doubletree took care of some folks even when they didn't have to....or maybe I shoud I say...they showed us what being hospitable truly is.

BTW, if you're comparing the Hyatt and Doubletree in Alburquerque, I would recommend the Doubletree for their rooms and parking and the Hyatt for conference space.

Room Tip: The higher the better, but the hotel is centrally located in such a way that any of the sides are go...
1 Thank 48912glb
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
48912glb,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your compliments about our staff's extra efforts in helping your conference group. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our hotel as well, and I appreciate your recommendation for future travelers. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us as we look forward to providing another exceptional visit.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff at the Doubletree was very supportive and generous with your time during the planning stages of the Annual GALA. The entertainment and VIP guests were very impressed with the hotel venue and amenities. The views are dynamic and the hotel has have wonderful facilities that are available to host events. Thank you so much for the warm hospitality and your VIP service.

Room Tip: Corner Suites. All views are great depending whether you want to view the mountains, downtown the ri...
Minerva J,
It was our great delight to have you and your group stay with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. We're very glad to hear of your tremendous satisfaction with our hotel accommodations and staff. We look forward to continuing to serve you, and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.
California
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This Doubletree is located in downtown Albuquerque very close to the convention center. The rooms are very nice and well maintained. The excellent staff of this hotel is what makes it a real standout! The first employee we encountered was our shuttle driver, John. John is so friendly, welcoming and informative, you really don't want the ride to end so soon! The front desk staff is equally welcoming and helpful. We can highly recommend this location.
PS:
The chocolate cookies we received upon checking were warm, fresh and a real treat!

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor facing gives you a great view of the city at night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
BOB1700,
We appreciate you staying with us at Doubletree, and we're delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I'm glad you liked our nice, well maintained rooms as well as our welcoming staff. I'll share your compliments about John with him, and make sure he gets a special commendation for his outstanding service. The delicious chocolate cookies will always be here, so visit us again for more.
Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have to say that the service here is far better than I get just about anywhere. For me it always starts with a great shuttle driver and finishes with him on my return trip to the airport, and everything in between is also worthy of superlatives. The room was in great shape--clean, in good repair--and the bathroom was also clearly well-maintained. The staff goes above and beyond in taking care of guests; I can't say enough good things about them.

The hotel is adjacent to the convention center and is a short walk or drive away from pretty much anything you want to do while in Albuquerque.

Long story short, this place is probably the best choice in hotels in the area--there's a reason I stay here every year for an annual conference held nearby.

Cori K,
Thank you for staying with us while attending your nearby convention. We're delighted to hear from you and learn of your great stay with us. I'm glad you liked our clean and comfortable hotel, and I'm pleased you enjoyed our wonderful staff. I'll make sure to share your kind comments with our team! We look forward to seeing you next year. Thanks again.