“Absolutely Perfect for Business Travelers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've never written a hotel review before, but I had to give my compliments to this hotel. I traveled for a conference on September 12th-14th. The room was updated, modern, cozy, comfy, everything you could ever want for a business trip. I never wanted to get out of that bed. Huge flat screen TV was also a big bonus. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was free shuttle service that picked me up from the airport exactly 10 minutes after I called from baggage claim. The shuttle also took guests to and from Old Town Abluquerque at no charge. The room service was reasonably priced. The area the hotel was in was very laid back, mostly a business only area with courthouses and banks and hotels. I felt very safe walking around the around the hotel alone, and that says a lot! If you are planning a conference, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Julie R
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Julie R,
For a first review, Julie R, we're very grateful you wrote about your awesome stay with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque! Thank you for your kind words and letting other viewers know of our wonderful hotel. I'm pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay and liked our friendly staff. Our shuttle service is a great benefit for our guests so I'm glad you were able to utilize this service. I especially hope you were able enjoy our Old Town Albuquerque. We hope you'll have more conferences to attend in our great city so we can see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,588)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

All the staff at the hotel were very professional and helpful. The Shuttle Drivers were very attentive and accommodating to all our needs as to where we should go for dinner, to where we could shop. The front desk staff were very helpful and smiled and made you feel comfortable to be there. Albuquerque is a great City and I was happy to stay at the Doubletree Hilton. I will definately recommend it to my friends.
Thank you to all of you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Frances,

We are so very pleased you chose to stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton Albuquerque and appreciate your kind review. I am glad our Shuttle Drivers and Front Desk Staff were helpful with local information and direction as it is our mission to make sure your time in Albuquerque is well spent. We hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.

Safe Travels,
Gus Luna,

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Let me start by saying the staff at this location were some of the most professional I have experienced at a hilton property!!! I appreciate the excellent service provided by the staff, although I was disappointed when the clerk at check in forgot to provide us with our "complimentary welcome cocktails upon arrival", which was an option we paid for in our rate! Our rate also included full breakfast buffet each morning of our stay, but due to off season, there was no buffet. Another disappointment! When we went to the restaurant for breakfast first day, we were attacked by flies and could not enjoy breakfast because we were too busy swatting flies??!! We ordered from the menu and the food was tasty, but the flies were a nightmare! The manager arranged for us to have breakfast in our room next morning, after we complained that we did not want to sit in the restaurant again and swat flies. The food was not as tasty, as it was almost cold by the time it was delivered to our room. The room furnishings are a bit outdated, but the hotel is in a great downtown location!

1  Thank RaeP617
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

alrae33,

Thank you for your kind words on our staff and your insight on your recent dining experience with us. We’re very sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations and for the unpleasant pest experience. Our guest reviews give us valuable information to deliver the best dining experience possible, and we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your comments with our pest control company and have already taken additional preventative measures moving forward so that our guests do not have a similarly disappointing experience. Please visit us again the next time you’re in the area to experience the quality dining you deserve. Thank you.

Gus Luna, General Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a Hilton 'Diamond' status business traveler who spends almost a couple days every week at a Hilton property in the western region of the U.S. I recently visited the DoubleTree in Albuquerque, NM and was exceptionally impressed with the high level of guest service I received from everyone, but especially from a lady named Debby Williams who works at the front desk. Not only did Debby greet me with a warm smile and splendid sense of humor, but she actually remembered me, by name, as she recognized me from almost a decade ago when she worked the front desk at another hotel property I visited a few times on business. Understanding the importance of customer loyalty, and having a genuine concern that I and everyone one of her guests have a wonderful stay, Debby went out of her way to ensure my time away from home would be as nice as possible. Plus, the General Manager Gustavo Luna, was impecably professsional and attentive when I had questions or needed assitance. Finally, their Club Sandwich, delivered via room service is 'picture perfect' and probably the best Club Sandwich I have ever had. Without a doubt, I highly recommend this DoubleTree location to business travelers.

Room Tip: Always choose higher floors so you get a view and less traffic noise

jaimep,

Thank you for writing an extraordinary review about your stay with us at Doubletree. We’re very pleased to hear of your fondness for our hotel and greatly appreciate your kind compliments. Debby is one of a kind so I’m glad you were able to reconnect with her and enjoy her warming personality again. I’ll make sure she receives a special commendation for her outstanding service. We hope you’ll visit us again whether it be for another wonderful stay or for another delicious Club Sandwich. Or both!

Respectfully,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed one night on holiday during the Labor Day weekend at this Doubletree. Attractive rate likely due to the off-season (back to school) and really the place was desolate. That's fine - it was nice and quiet. Felt like I had a choice of rooms and they all seemed to have good views. The staff appeared to be a in a cleaning mode likely in anticipation of the balloons festival next month.

positives: helpful staff overall and the shuttle bus will save you on taxis
minuses: details seemed to be overlooked. on-property restaurant limited in offerings (for instance no breakfast buffet available or explanation and a one-page menu with no specials by the server, but plenty of signage (one of which was dated, 2009?) Appearances can mean a lot with hotels and the property overall just seems like it could use a capital infusion and a makeover. pool was closed for repairs (drained)

Cannot complain for the price. Thank-you Priceline and thank-you Doubletree for being on Priceline.

Room Tip: Use the elevators on the starbucks side of the lobby as they seemed to run more efficiently.

Tschaller,

Thank you for choosing Doubletree as your holiday retreat. We’re glad you had a pleasant stay with us and found our staff to be friendly. I’m glad you used our complimentary shuttle service as well and hope it gave you an opportunity to visit more of Albuquerque. I will review your comments with our restaurant staff and appreciate you letting us know of your observations. We hope your travels will bring you back to us again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We got this hotel on Priceline for a reasonable rate. I'm guessing they save the lesser rooms for Priceliners, which is fine. The toilet required you to hold it about 20 seconds per flush. Would have been nice to have more TV channels, or some in HD since they have an HDTV. They have a pool, but it's very small and not really made for lounging. But I guess it's more of a business hotel than a family one. Those were our major complaints. Otherwise, it was very clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. They even gave us a ride to dinner in the shuttle. The aesthetic is great. I would recommend to business travelers.

Paulieweb,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Doubletree. We’re glad you found our rooms to be clean and our staff friendly. I’m pleased to know our shuttle service was at your service and assisted in getting you to dinner. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Albuquerque and welcome you to come and stay with us again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We came to Albuquerque for a work trip. The Hilton Doubletree really eased our pain. All members of the staff are polite, full of good humor genuinely happy to see you. You get the feeling they really enjoy working here. The mood is infectious as you head up to the clean, well kept room to retire.

The food downstairs is surprisingly good. Monique, our waitress, was an absolute blast and put up with all of our punchiness with a beautiful smile. Paul, the bartender upstairs, runs a fast-paced operation that serves some very flavorful drinks.

Albuquerque is a great, laid-back town and the folks at the Doubletree are happy to share it with you. Give this hotel a shot and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Vermyndax,
Thank you for such an amazing review on TripAdvisor. I ams o glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to let Paul and Monique what an impact they have on our guest and share the wonderful comments with them. We appreciate your business and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
All the Best,