“Glad I was there only one night”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Denver, Colorado
“Glad I was there only one night”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stay at hotels at least three days every month for work and I never leave reviews but this hotel is a joke. At check-in with my wife and two small children with me in line they proceeded to give us a room with one queen bed (when we reserved a two doubles). Had to move everything once they reassigned a room and didn't get an oops or sorry just a "lets see what else we have". Charged $10 for parking but have enough spaces for maybe 1/2 of the hotels guest (parked down the street when the lot was full). The A/C unit was extremely loud. At 3am the fire alarm outside our room either was pulled or malfunctioned. If someone pulled it to be funny that is not the hotels fault but what is their fault is the hotel workers on their radios for the hour after it talking as loud as possible. The luggage carts are for bell hop use only but seems none work at the hotel. No way is this a three or three and a half star hotel. The Hilton name must have bought a couple stars. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a newer hotel in the northern part of the city.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Elwayqb1,

Thank you for your candid review on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; in your case we did not. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during the check-in process, I will be sure to address this with my staff. You are a valued guest with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Gus Luna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great hotel and great staff, the location is good, clean rooms and a lot of extras.

Muy bueno y bonito los cuartos estan siempre limpios.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Bansterref,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Albuquerque; we truly appreciate your business. Cleanliness and service is our number one priority, we are glad you were able to experience it for yourself. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for your review.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant was GREAT! The service was incredible especially a waitress named Sara. She was very professional and went out of her way to serve. I give this hotel and restaurant 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Eric R,
Thank you for a kind review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit with us. We pride ourselves on the service we provide to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant and the service. I will be sure to pass your nice comments to Sara, as she will be very appreciative to hear them. We look forward to seeing you again.

Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Double Tree. I was there for a business meeting for five days. The staff was very hospitable, beds were comfortable and everyone was courteous. I would recommend this location to other colleagues.

Room Tip: I had a corner room that provided much privacy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Angelia W,

Thanks very much for your kind comments, we’re glad to know you enjoyed your week-long stay. It was truly our pleasure and we appreciate your recommendation.

Take care,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel staff is completely incompetent.

The room doesn't have a mini fridge or microwave.

It's over-priced for what it is.

The "gift shop/store" has nothing you actually need. Such as, nail clippers, a lighter, etc.

The only laundry option is to pay for them to do it for you, no coin machines.

Housekeeping never came during my three night stay. I never put on my "do not disturb" sign. Trash was piled up, I had to keep calling to get fresh towels. I called for housekeeping services three times and never received them.

Breakfast is NOT provided. To feed my wife and son, it cost me $30 at the hotel and with no fridge or microwave, it's kind of hard to go get groceries.

There are a ton of hidden fees.

When I called to get the gate code for parking, the front desk said that our room wasn't even occupied.

This has been the most frustrating hotel stay I have ever had. I use hotels all the time and I have never seen this level of service.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear RJ0429,

Thank you for your candid review. I feel badly that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and offer my personal apologies for not receiving housekeeping service; I plan to address this with my team as this is in no way a company standard, especially missing housekeeping service for 3 days. As we are a full service hotel, there are amenities that are not included in your stay, and we offer additional services as compared to hotels that do include breakfast. I truly regret that you were dissatisfied, so please to contact me as I would like to get more details with regard to your visit.

Regards,

505-247-3344 ext 7003
gus.luna@hilton.com
Colorado
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Tagged along with hubby for a business convention, (not in this hotel). The parking, as many have noted is not free, and you are almost forced to park in the pay lot at check-in, due to congestion at the entrance. Check-in was seamless, lobby is open and updated, room was modern, bed comfortable, all of the normal amenities available. I have seen comments about the lack of a microwave and fridge, but have found that is not unusual in downtown hotels, in other cities, unlike suburban hotels where they are common. No strikes on that count, it seemed reasonable. What was not reasonable, was almost $4 for a glass of iced tea from the kitchen, that evening. Breakfast the next morning, in the same restaurant, was very tasty, well presented. The service was SLOOOOWWW, and I'm not sure if it was just a bad day, but I had to ask for flatware, a napkin, refill of my drink, when there was only one other table. After that, I chose not to eat there again, though I was really thirsty our last evening, so hubby got an iced tea at the bar, for much less than the restaurant, (note to self, check bar prices first!). Our last afternoon, while on the elevator, a maintenance worker and asst. were riding down with us. He asked how our stay had been, and not wanting to lie, we said, "OK". He asked "Is there anything I could do to make it better?" WOW...Never had that happen before. He gave us needed directions to an attraction we wanted to see, and wished us well. The housekeeping staff was equally pleasant and unobtrusive when cleaning around me as I stayed a little later than usual one morning. The cookies we got upon check-in were a definite plus, and the really great towels and fluffy robe were nice. Would we stay again? If we got great rates, sure. The location is VERY convenient, and after not visiting ABQ in 25 yrs, I must say there was more to see this time! Tried to review a restaurant we went to, but they are not on Tripadvisor yet, so check out Q Burgers, downtown, under the One Up Lounge. EXCELLENT and unusual selections, with funky/modern decor!

Room Tip: We were on the 13th floor, overlooking the city bldgs and plaza. Not noisy like others have said, th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
cheryden,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My adman uses hotels.com for my corporate travel, on this occasion she said most of the hotels I like are comparable so would the Doulbletree be ok it's near the hospital I needed so I said fine. Upon arrival I find they charge $10 to self park you car outside and unprotected. I don't appreciate the fact that this hotel is charging and the others I would have stayed at do not. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he's left for the day, hotels.com shoud have made the fact be known about the extra charges. $10 is still 10 dollars.

1 Thank Ken M
Ken M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel, I regret that you did not have a good experience with us and sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced.
All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

Sincerely yours,