“Literally, the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas, Texas
“Literally, the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel staff is completely incompetent.

The room doesn't have a mini fridge or microwave.

It's over-priced for what it is.

The "gift shop/store" has nothing you actually need. Such as, nail clippers, a lighter, etc.

The only laundry option is to pay for them to do it for you, no coin machines.

Housekeeping never came during my three night stay. I never put on my "do not disturb" sign. Trash was piled up, I had to keep calling to get fresh towels. I called for housekeeping services three times and never received them.

Breakfast is NOT provided. To feed my wife and son, it cost me $30 at the hotel and with no fridge or microwave, it's kind of hard to go get groceries.

There are a ton of hidden fees.

When I called to get the gate code for parking, the front desk said that our room wasn't even occupied.

This has been the most frustrating hotel stay I have ever had. I use hotels all the time and I have never seen this level of service.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear RJ0429,

Thank you for your candid review. I feel badly that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and offer my personal apologies for not receiving housekeeping service; I plan to address this with my team as this is in no way a company standard, especially missing housekeeping service for 3 days. As we are a full service hotel, there are amenities that are not included in your stay, and we offer additional services as compared to hotels that do include breakfast. I truly regret that you were dissatisfied, so please to contact me as I would like to get more details with regard to your visit.

Regards,

505-247-3344 ext 7003
gus.luna@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Colorado
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Tagged along with hubby for a business convention, (not in this hotel). The parking, as many have noted is not free, and you are almost forced to park in the pay lot at check-in, due to congestion at the entrance. Check-in was seamless, lobby is open and updated, room was modern, bed comfortable, all of the normal amenities available. I have seen comments about the lack of a microwave and fridge, but have found that is not unusual in downtown hotels, in other cities, unlike suburban hotels where they are common. No strikes on that count, it seemed reasonable. What was not reasonable, was almost $4 for a glass of iced tea from the kitchen, that evening. Breakfast the next morning, in the same restaurant, was very tasty, well presented. The service was SLOOOOWWW, and I'm not sure if it was just a bad day, but I had to ask for flatware, a napkin, refill of my drink, when there was only one other table. After that, I chose not to eat there again, though I was really thirsty our last evening, so hubby got an iced tea at the bar, for much less than the restaurant, (note to self, check bar prices first!). Our last afternoon, while on the elevator, a maintenance worker and asst. were riding down with us. He asked how our stay had been, and not wanting to lie, we said, "OK". He asked "Is there anything I could do to make it better?" WOW...Never had that happen before. He gave us needed directions to an attraction we wanted to see, and wished us well. The housekeeping staff was equally pleasant and unobtrusive when cleaning around me as I stayed a little later than usual one morning. The cookies we got upon check-in were a definite plus, and the really great towels and fluffy robe were nice. Would we stay again? If we got great rates, sure. The location is VERY convenient, and after not visiting ABQ in 25 yrs, I must say there was more to see this time! Tried to review a restaurant we went to, but they are not on Tripadvisor yet, so check out Q Burgers, downtown, under the One Up Lounge. EXCELLENT and unusual selections, with funky/modern decor!

Room Tip: We were on the 13th floor, overlooking the city bldgs and plaza. Not noisy like others have said, th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
cheryden,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My adman uses hotels.com for my corporate travel, on this occasion she said most of the hotels I like are comparable so would the Doulbletree be ok it's near the hospital I needed so I said fine. Upon arrival I find they charge $10 to self park you car outside and unprotected. I don't appreciate the fact that this hotel is charging and the others I would have stayed at do not. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he's left for the day, hotels.com shoud have made the fact be known about the extra charges. $10 is still 10 dollars.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken M
Ken M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel, I regret that you did not have a good experience with us and sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced.
All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

Sincerely yours,
el prado
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked this room first and read the reviews later and became very apprehensive about my stay. It turns out that I worried for nothing. The front desk was speedy and efficient, the parking attendant was awesome-- he walked me outside to show me the way to the Marble Brewery (excellent IPA!) and made sure I had the code I needed for a very early departure. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed very comfortable. I heard some loud music when I got off the elevator, but my room (512, I think) was very quiet. The neighborhood was clean, well-lighted and I felt fairly safe walking it as a single female. This place was a real find and only about 10 minutes away from the airport (of course I drove the route early in the morning) and within walking distance of good bars and restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sniraga
sniraga,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stopped in Albuquerque on this past Thursday on a trip to Colorado Springs. Oh how I wished we had not. Paid 130 bucks plus ten additional bucks for parking. Got to the room, to find out that at this price point, the rooms offered no microwave or mini fridge, something I consider a basic amenity. We left to make a run to come back and discover that the parking was full. When I inquired with the desk, he offered that I could park at the Civic Center, at a cost of 10 additional buck each and every time I came and went. When I asked about no microwave or fridge, was told that I could get a fridge for ten additional bucks. I told the clerk that I did not feel that I was getting a good value for the price point, he could only offer "I understand your frustration." and offered NOTHING in the way of drink coupon, dinner discount, or any compensation other than refund the parking. When I stated that if that is your response, then we want to check out and leave. The hotel's response was "Ok, I can check you out." Evidently the hotel feels they are doing well enough that they can let upset customers that HAVE ALREADY PAID for a room can check out and leave, taking their money with them. A complaint to corporate garnered nothing, save a "we didn't charge you (didn't stay) hope to see you again" email That is not going to happen

Room Tip: Best tip I can offer is to choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikrich76
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Mikrich76,

I’m truly disappointed that you were unsatisfied with our hotel as well as the response you received from Hilton. I regret that we won’t be seeing you again, but wish you all the best in your future travels.

New Mexico
Reviewed June 10, 2012

For people who do not want to read my long review I just want to say forget the Double Tree stay at Andaluz or Hyatt you will be happier. Now for my rant. We stayed here last year for ACE (albuquerque comic expo) and it was a bad experience. First the front desk clerk was very rude and then we were kept up all night by people in the next room having a party and they were eventually thrown out by the police after we complained like 3 times. Hoping it was just a bad night we booked this hotel again for ACE this year. BIG MISTAKE! First I went early around noon to see if I could get an early check in. They could not even find my reservation under my name and I had to search through my emails on my phone to prove I had one. Then I was told no way could I have an early check in and would be lucky if the room was ready by 3pm. I went back around 2:45 and was barely able to enter the parking lot since again they had no record of me as a guest but was told I could park my car for 10 minutes but had to come back and show my key. I was able to check in the front desk staff was very pleasant and good thing because that is about all this hotel has going for it. I was given a room number and key. When I arrived at my room and opened the door it was full of other people. Luckily I had several bags so the front desk guy had come up with me. He went to the hall and made a phone call then told me to wait finally after about 10 minutes he returned and took me to another room which when I walked in was obviously a smoking room (I had reserved non smoking 3 months ago) but I knew the hotel was full so I did not bother to complain he seemed overwhelmed as it was. The rooms are not in great condition and seemed a bit dirty there were safety pins and keyrings in the bathroom near the vanity and the alarm clock did not work. Also we were only given 3 towels in a double room so we sent our kids down to ask for more they said they would be sent up of course they never came.Then that night around 11pm there were people and kids yelling and running around the halls I do not know if the walls in this hotel are paper thin or it attracts really loud people but you will not get a good nights sleep here. Also the parking is limited and even though we had to pay $10 to park in lot we were told there may not be spaces and we would have to park at a nearby bank and walk.Instead I highly recommed Hotel Andaluz a nice boutique hotel just as close to the convention center and closer to dining and entertainment or the Hyatt only a block away and a really nice hotel also closer to dining. Also the Hotel Parq Central is awsome but you would need a car to get to downtown area easily.

Room Tip: Stay at Andaluz, Hotel Parq Central, or Hyatt instead
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Lkmontano
Dear WaspinNM,

Your review has me very concerned, thank you for sharing your experience so that I can address each of the negatives you encountered with my team. I sincerely apologize, your stay with us should have been seamless and enjoyable. If you would be so kind as to give me a call, I’d greatly appreciate the opportunity discuss your stay in more detail personally, I can be reached at (505) 247-3344 at your convenience.

Regrets,

Reviewed June 9, 2012

A group of kids just knocked on my door and that's not the worst. The walls may as well be made of paper. The people next store have 4 guests stuffed into small loud room. My room shakes every time someone moves in adjacent rooms. I can't believe this is a Hilton! They didn't even sound insulate! I feel like I'm in a drum. All night there are booming noises from the hallway and the floor above. Didn't sleep last night and it seems worse tonight. The pool was packed shoulder to shoulder. There should be 2 or three pools for the size of this place. They book this monster for big conventions apparently and mIx convention people on same floors with people like me, who are paying full price for what should be a nice break, but isn't because this place is the grossest cattle call I've ever seen. I feel swindled and deprived of much needed weekend rest. And I'm paying $100 per night. What a waste.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Bonton1000
Dear Bonoton1000,

I’m sorry to hear that your stay with us was disrupted by noise, but do appreciate your business and hope this experience won’t deter you from staying with DoubleTree in the future. Thank you for your review.