“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My sister and I went on vacation in New Mexico in June of 2011 and we stayed at the Doubletree in Albuquerque. What a great staff and wonderful hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. The convenience of the hotel location to Old Town as well as the free shuttle rides could not be beat. We would highly recommend it and we would stay there again without question.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank neilap
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thanks Neilap for your wonderful review and recommendation. We are happy that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was convenient to Old Town. I will pass along your comments to the staff and thanks again for your review!

Truly yours,
Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

This hotel is obviously intended for business travelers, not someone who likes to have their own snacks or drinks without having to go down to the bar. We received a discount rate (through Priceline bidding) for the room which was well-furnished including an abundance of towels. The room was quite small, the television old and available channels quite limited. On the plus side, the views from the upper floors are stunning. For this to be a 5-star review (especially at a full price rate) the room should be bigger and include an up to date tv and at least a small refrigerator. The staff are attentive and very helpful. Oh, and parking is $10 a day.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with a view to the north.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewMexicoSilverqueen
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

I received a discount rate on this hotel via Priceline's Name Your Own Price bidding. This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Albuquerque, within easy walking distance of restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Hotel staff are very helpful, and the rooms themselves are pretty clean and are well-appointed. There are excellent views from many of the upper-floor rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mesocyclone2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here three nights in October for a convention across the street. it was okay for convenience to the convention. The room was just okay, with no refrigerator or safe which are things I am used to with this type of hotel. One issue was that on two of the evenings, my roommate and I could her running water in the bathroom. I got up to investigate and found it running out the vent on the wall and into the tub/shower area. This happened two nights, and I meant to mention it at the front desk, but when check out came, I was too rushed to do it, and forgot.

Downtown Albuquerque is very disappointing. There are not very many restaurants, and all in all it is a fairly sketchy area. We ate at the hotel restaurant a few times, and it was always dead. But there weren't really other places to go in a walkable distance and we didn't have a car. I was very surprised that the area near the convention center had so little to do as far as shopping or dining. The guys who drove the hotel's van were total sweethearts and drove us to the airport as well as to Old Town which I really enjoyed.

I was also very surprised at the lack of hot tub facility in the hotel. The pool is small and outdoors, so it was closed when we were there. I did work out, and found the gym adequate. it would be much better if there was a hot tub. If I ever am in Albuquerque for a convention again, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DanielleMN
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We arrived super late, but still got a room. Due to a snow storm at our mid-stop airport, we were on a later flight to Albuquerque. We called to inform them, and they saved a "studio" corner for us that first night. The hotel shuttle picked us up at 10:30p.m. Because the conference brought a ton of guests and we did not complain about the room change, they gave us the buffet breakfasts free for the 3 days we stayed ($13 value/day). The pull-out sofa bed and rollaway where ready when we opened the door. The next noon they moved us to a new room and we were very comfy.

Also, the 5 boxes we shipped were brought immediately to our room when we requested them. The concierge was so helpful directing us to Central Ave. shopping (Route 66) and dining, which is in walking distance. The conference center had a tunnel connecting the hotel to our event and we were able to avoid the pounding rain!

We even got extra cookies when we checked out and the staff was sooooo pleasant.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mousetraveler
Cortez, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed 6 days including the night of their Halloween party. The staff were friendly and quick to answer any of my questions. The beds were nice, although I wish it were a queen bed but still everything was nice. The maids were extremely helpful and made sure our room was cleaned daily, and dropped off extra soaps and shampoos, etc. The night of the party, it was loud (down in the reception area) lines, lines...but its Halloween night what do you expect? My halls were quiet, except for a few folks returning from the party they quickly went to their rooms. I never lost an ounce of sleep due to noise. I drive a large truck crew cab, and I did have issues trying to park it and getting out of the parking lot but you know, if I drive something that big, I'll eventually figure it out! Maybe cut the curb that lets you out. Otherwise, no damage to my truck, nothing stolen which in most cases in Albq. normally may happen. I loved the easy access to the Convention center, and the breakfast was great! Your staff allowed us to have a impromptu meeting without charging us, it allowed us to have quiet place to have lunch and meeting, during a very large convention! Thanks for a nice stay hope to see you again!

Room Tip: East side of Hotel, ask for high floor and extra cookies!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cindy h
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

The rooms were clean and cozy the beds were soft and comfortable. It was easy to fall asleep. At night there are no loud disturbing noises so you can sleep. Has everything you need, a laundry mat, a small store for food (even has internet access), I always recommend to friends and family who are coming into town on a budget. A perfect location with many food choices around it. I usually don't write a review good or bad but I hope you like.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business