“Okay for convention center access”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here three nights in October for a convention across the street. it was okay for convenience to the convention. The room was just okay, with no refrigerator or safe which are things I am used to with this type of hotel. One issue was that on two of the evenings, my roommate and I could her running water in the bathroom. I got up to investigate and found it running out the vent on the wall and into the tub/shower area. This happened two nights, and I meant to mention it at the front desk, but when check out came, I was too rushed to do it, and forgot.

Downtown Albuquerque is very disappointing. There are not very many restaurants, and all in all it is a fairly sketchy area. We ate at the hotel restaurant a few times, and it was always dead. But there weren't really other places to go in a walkable distance and we didn't have a car. I was very surprised that the area near the convention center had so little to do as far as shopping or dining. The guys who drove the hotel's van were total sweethearts and drove us to the airport as well as to Old Town which I really enjoyed.

I was also very surprised at the lack of hot tub facility in the hotel. The pool is small and outdoors, so it was closed when we were there. I did work out, and found the gym adequate. it would be much better if there was a hot tub. If I ever am in Albuquerque for a convention again, I will stay elsewhere.

2  Thank DanielleMN
Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We arrived super late, but still got a room. Due to a snow storm at our mid-stop airport, we were on a later flight to Albuquerque. We called to inform them, and they saved a "studio" corner for us that first night. The hotel shuttle picked us up at 10:30p.m. Because the conference brought a ton of guests and we did not complain about the room change, they gave us the buffet breakfasts free for the 3 days we stayed ($13 value/day). The pull-out sofa bed and rollaway where ready when we opened the door. The next noon they moved us to a new room and we were very comfy.

Also, the 5 boxes we shipped were brought immediately to our room when we requested them. The concierge was so helpful directing us to Central Ave. shopping (Route 66) and dining, which is in walking distance. The conference center had a tunnel connecting the hotel to our event and we were able to avoid the pounding rain!

We even got extra cookies when we checked out and the staff was sooooo pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mousetraveler
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed 6 days including the night of their Halloween party. The staff were friendly and quick to answer any of my questions. The beds were nice, although I wish it were a queen bed but still everything was nice. The maids were extremely helpful and made sure our room was cleaned daily, and dropped off extra soaps and shampoos, etc. The night of the party, it was loud (down in the reception area) lines, lines...but its Halloween night what do you expect? My halls were quiet, except for a few folks returning from the party they quickly went to their rooms. I never lost an ounce of sleep due to noise. I drive a large truck crew cab, and I did have issues trying to park it and getting out of the parking lot but you know, if I drive something that big, I'll eventually figure it out! Maybe cut the curb that lets you out. Otherwise, no damage to my truck, nothing stolen which in most cases in Albq. normally may happen. I loved the easy access to the Convention center, and the breakfast was great! Your staff allowed us to have a impromptu meeting without charging us, it allowed us to have quiet place to have lunch and meeting, during a very large convention! Thanks for a nice stay hope to see you again!

Room Tip: East side of Hotel, ask for high floor and extra cookies!
1  Thank cindy h
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The rooms were clean and cozy the beds were soft and comfortable. It was easy to fall asleep. At night there are no loud disturbing noises so you can sleep. Has everything you need, a laundry mat, a small store for food (even has internet access), I always recommend to friends and family who are coming into town on a budget. A perfect location with many food choices around it. I usually don't write a review good or bad but I hope you like.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Herb C
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Quick overnight stay. Pleasantly surprised at the condition of the hotel. Rooms are updated and well equipped. No flat screens but everything else was new. Bedding including pillows was comfortable. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Bsey
tree06, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us during your last visit to Albuquerque. We appreciate your business! Great news, we have started installing flat screens in the hotel and will continue our project. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

all night long drunks pounding on my door trying to get in to the wrong room, yelling in the hallway, Halloween party happening downstairs, I called security four times in an hour, in the middle of the night. I finally gave up and put a pillow over my head to sleep .In the morning, after zero sleep, beer cans and keg cups decorated the "how did we do?" display. The beer was still there when we left at 3pm, even found a baggy of meth at the front entrance. The manager seemed oblivious to the level of danger this posed to some small child that could have picked it up. Ridiculous. On a side note, no complimentary coffee or water in the lobby and the starbucks in the lobby is frequently closed, even Sunday morning. Lame. My last stay at this establishment.

2  Thank rustyseattle
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Albuquerque. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. There was an event going on in the hotel that evening however, I assure you we had plenty of security and management that kept everything under control to avoid disturbing our valued guests. We had no other incidents that evening and I am truly sorry that the noise disturbed you. As for the item that you found outside of the hotel, we thank you for bringing it to our attention. Our Starbuck’s Café is only open in the morning we do serve Starbuck’s coffee in the Restaurant on the Lower Level daily. Things like this rarely happen and with the feedback from our guests we are able to improve our service for our valued guests! We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Don't stay here if you do. You would think paying customers registered to sleep would be their priority but it seems like the bar is more important. it is like you are in a tin can as loud party that resonated throughout, you could hear loud partying not only coming from the inside but outside too! and I was on the 7th floor! horrible sound proofing of rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank pinonnutt

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our service for our valued guests such as yourself. We hope you will give us aonther opportunity to serve you in the future.