“not up to Doubletree standards”

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #38 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Wow the first time I have ever paid for Hotel parking of an automobile. Swing shift staff was not good at all. Room had mechanical failures. Internet was unavailable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. All comments are important to us as it helps us improve with our service and property amenites. We hope you will come back again and give us another try.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stay at the Doubletree quite often when I go to see my family in Albuquerque. I always enjoy my stay, the staff is great and always friendly. On my last trip I did have a few issues when I was in town for a wedding. It was very noisy and we did not get much rest due to an event in the club that was taking place in the hotel as well and it continued in the rooms through the morning. The next day we went down for breakfast and there was a new manager, Carlos, that was very rude and he was not welcoming at all. We are usually greeted with a smile by Gene. I may have to reconsider next time when I go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
tree06, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton for your hotels needs each time you are in Albuquerque. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I chose this hotel as I am a Hilton Honors member, it's close to Old Town and because I could use my points. I am glad not to have paid the going rate. The lobby and public areas were nice/modern but upstairs and the room were not well maintained nor well cleaned, and the staff seemed indifferent. Though, the host in the restaurant on the morning of July 31 was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and value you as a Hilton Honors member. We hope you will come and see us again in the future as we are always improving our hotel.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was a very nice hotel and conveniently located at the heart of downtown Albuquerque. My fiance and I were especially pleased with the customer service upon check in and with the bartender at the Ice Lounge as well. The food in the hotel was equally satisfying, but if that is not enough for one's taste there are many flavorful restaurants within walking distance. We've been here a few times and have always been extremely happy with the cleanliness, customer service, and the accommodations of the hotel. When visiting Albuquerque the Doubletree has become our first choice! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

It's great to hear these positive comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Doubletree and we look forward to seeing you back again.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We attended our friends wedding this past weekend and I had to share the exceptional service we all received by everyone we encountered at the Doubletree! Great Job everyone! We will defiantly be back for the yummy cookies too!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for the great feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your event and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My stay at at the Doubletree Hilton was on 13Aug. My cousin was having his wedding reception at the Doubletree so many of us decided to stay the night. I usually stay at Marriott's or Sheraton properties so I was looking forward to a Doubletree Hilton experience. I checked in about 2p, one staff member was handling the growing line of new guests. I think one staff member could have handled it except for the problem guest who was holding up the line. Once I was checked in I was given two of the Doubletree cookies they are known for and off to the 14th floor I went. The room was big, two beds, south facing view, very clean. I did notice that there are no safes in the room which was a problem for me since I had my passport in my bags. Since we were three in the room I phoned for extra towels, they were delivered about 15 minutes later. The bathroom had the basic amenities like soap, shampoo, conditioner. The TV remote was a bit cumbersome, it appeared that I had to pay to listen to any music. There is a self check out option which I always like.

I had looked at staying at this property several months prior when the room rates were about $125 a night. I decided to wait and see if they dropped which they did to about $85.

There were some issues I had with the property which I will list below. The location of my room was directly across from the ice machine which is also where vending machines are located, at 3am on Sunday morning a very loud group of teens/young adults were buying items and woke me up, avoid these rooms if you can.

The lobby is very open and large and the A/C didn't seem to be working, it was very humid in the lobby.
When I checked in I asked where the bar was, I was told it's around the corner in the lobby but it does not open until 4p, I thought this was strange that a major property located downtown would not have a bar open especially after 12n.

In addition to the wedding dance that I attended the Double tree has a disco just one floor down so as the evening went on many young adults were arriving to go to this club. Security seemed to keep everything under control and the wedding guests played well with the young adults.

When I woke up Sunday morning I needed some coffee badly and decided to try the in room "Wolfgang Puck" coffee maker. You pop in two pre measured pouches, add two cups of water, press the on button and within a couple of minutes you have two cups of coffee. In theory that sounds great in reality the coffee was horrible, not strong the way I like it. I have found any gadgets with the Wolfgang Puck name on it are not good quality. I decided to get a good cup of coffee at the coffee shop in the lobby after I checked out. Turns out this coffee bar was only open briefly earlier in the morning! I was told to go to La Oja restaurant which was downstairs where the disco was, the restaurant was completely empty (not a good sign). I asked for a cup of coffee, the employee had to go to the kitchen to make it, rang it up and away I went. I will say the coffee was warm and not hot, not a good cup of coffee in my opinion. My family and I were going to eat at La Oja because I had a restaurant.com gift certificate but after experiencing the lack of amenities i.e. closed bar, no coffee bar and the fact that La Oja didn't have one customer in it we decided to avoid more grief and take our business elsewhere.

I think this property could be a much better experience if they had the bar open starting at 12n, especially on a weekend. Have the coffee bar stay open until at least 12n when all guests would have checked out. In any other metropolitan city I don't think I would have experienced this.
Would I stay here again? Perhaps, but with the Hyatt just a block away I'd check with them and other properties first.

Room Tip: I liked my south facing view. Avoid the rooms near the ice/vending machines, they tend to get noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
tree06, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your comments. Thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton Albuquerque.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Albuquerque for a family vacation. This hotel was highly recommended by a friend so we were eager for our stay. Check in was fast and I loved how we were given warm DELICIOUS cookies. We enjoyed the restaurant as well as the pool. The location of this hotel is unbeatable. It has easy access to freeways and there is a lot to do within walking distance. Great stay and we will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Doubletree. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your time here. We look forward to servicing you and your family again in the future.