“Best event ever!”

Ranked #33 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best event ever!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We attended our friends wedding this past weekend and I had to share the exceptional service we all received by everyone we encountered at the Doubletree! Great Job everyone! We will defiantly be back for the yummy cookies too!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
tree06, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thanks for the great feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your event and hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My stay at at the Doubletree Hilton was on 13Aug. My cousin was having his wedding reception at the Doubletree so many of us decided to stay the night. I usually stay at Marriott's or Sheraton properties so I was looking forward to a Doubletree Hilton experience. I checked in about 2p, one staff member was handling the growing line of new guests. I think one staff member could have handled it except for the problem guest who was holding up the line. Once I was checked in I was given two of the Doubletree cookies they are known for and off to the 14th floor I went. The room was big, two beds, south facing view, very clean. I did notice that there are no safes in the room which was a problem for me since I had my passport in my bags. Since we were three in the room I phoned for extra towels, they were delivered about 15 minutes later. The bathroom had the basic amenities like soap, shampoo, conditioner. The TV remote was a bit cumbersome, it appeared that I had to pay to listen to any music. There is a self check out option which I always like.

I had looked at staying at this property several months prior when the room rates were about $125 a night. I decided to wait and see if they dropped which they did to about $85.

There were some issues I had with the property which I will list below. The location of my room was directly across from the ice machine which is also where vending machines are located, at 3am on Sunday morning a very loud group of teens/young adults were buying items and woke me up, avoid these rooms if you can.

The lobby is very open and large and the A/C didn't seem to be working, it was very humid in the lobby.
When I checked in I asked where the bar was, I was told it's around the corner in the lobby but it does not open until 4p, I thought this was strange that a major property located downtown would not have a bar open especially after 12n.

In addition to the wedding dance that I attended the Double tree has a disco just one floor down so as the evening went on many young adults were arriving to go to this club. Security seemed to keep everything under control and the wedding guests played well with the young adults.

When I woke up Sunday morning I needed some coffee badly and decided to try the in room "Wolfgang Puck" coffee maker. You pop in two pre measured pouches, add two cups of water, press the on button and within a couple of minutes you have two cups of coffee. In theory that sounds great in reality the coffee was horrible, not strong the way I like it. I have found any gadgets with the Wolfgang Puck name on it are not good quality. I decided to get a good cup of coffee at the coffee shop in the lobby after I checked out. Turns out this coffee bar was only open briefly earlier in the morning! I was told to go to La Oja restaurant which was downstairs where the disco was, the restaurant was completely empty (not a good sign). I asked for a cup of coffee, the employee had to go to the kitchen to make it, rang it up and away I went. I will say the coffee was warm and not hot, not a good cup of coffee in my opinion. My family and I were going to eat at La Oja because I had a restaurant.com gift certificate but after experiencing the lack of amenities i.e. closed bar, no coffee bar and the fact that La Oja didn't have one customer in it we decided to avoid more grief and take our business elsewhere.

I think this property could be a much better experience if they had the bar open starting at 12n, especially on a weekend. Have the coffee bar stay open until at least 12n when all guests would have checked out. In any other metropolitan city I don't think I would have experienced this.
Would I stay here again? Perhaps, but with the Hyatt just a block away I'd check with them and other properties first.

Room Tip: I liked my south facing view. Avoid the rooms near the ice/vending machines, they tend to get noisy.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
tree06, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your comments. Thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton Albuquerque.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Albuquerque for a family vacation. This hotel was highly recommended by a friend so we were eager for our stay. Check in was fast and I loved how we were given warm DELICIOUS cookies. We enjoyed the restaurant as well as the pool. The location of this hotel is unbeatable. It has easy access to freeways and there is a lot to do within walking distance. Great stay and we will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Doubletree. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your time here. We look forward to servicing you and your family again in the future.
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Perfect location to enjoy downtown. Large rooms and comfy beds. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton Albuquerque. We look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was in Albuquerque visiting family and I stayed at the Doubletree for the weekend. When I arrived there was a sweet girl, Abbie that assisted me with my checkrin. The room was clean, a thumbs up to housekeeping! The only issue I has was when I returned from dinner there was no parking available both evenings, I let the asian girl the desk know that I was having issues with parking and she said I would have to speak to her manager on Monday. On Monday when I checked out, I let her know again about the parking issues and she was not able to help. She got her manager,Juliee luckily she was very understanding and helped me out with my parking since I was not able to park the not before. Overall, I recommend this hotel because of the cleanliness and the management.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the great feedback! Customer service and cleanliness are two of our top priorities. We want to make sure our guests always feel comfortable when staying with us. We hope to see you back soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is a great hotel- we had friends and family visiting from many destinations and all said that the staff and accomodations were superb! The staff are so attentive, the rooms are deluxe, and the food and service outstanding. We will definitely be back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
tree06, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Thanks for the great comments! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your time here at the Doubletree. We look forward to seeing you again!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2011

You should know that I'm a Hilton bigot- I've stayed in Hiltons all over the world and have yet to be really disappointed. Not so with Doubletree Hotels- for whatever reason, they just don't seem "to get it." The Doubletree in Colorado Springs has incredibly dusty rooms, the D-Tree in Durango has really bad restaurant wait staff... and this one.... well. :/ It's perfectly located next to the business district. The rooms are nice and clean. The front desk staff seems clueless... but that's a D-Tree specialty, so no big. The internet access is flaky- I have no idea why since the Albuquerque Hilton has great service. Overall, I'd give this hotel a "B", primarily for the location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback and hope you will return again and give us another opportunity to make sure your next stay is an A+