“Credit Card Overcharge”

Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
San Jose, California
“Credit Card Overcharge”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Even though I had received an "under the door" bill, when I checked out of the Albuerque Double Tree later that morning, I asked for an updated bill that included our breakfast and any other charges. I noted that the updated bill did indeed include breakfast, so I thanked the front-desk person and left the hotel.

Sure enough, when I got my credit card bill a few weeks later, the amount charged by the Albuquerque Double Tree was significantly more than the amount shown on my final bill. I have tried to call the Albuquerque Double Tree three times to reconcile this difference. Each time I was put off for a different reason. Call #1: "There's nobody here that can help you with that today." Call #2:" I'll have to call you back on that." Call #3 (after no call back for 2 days): I'll transfur you to our controller," and of course I got the controller's voice mail, left a meaasge, and never received a return call.

My conclusion: If the Albuerque Double Tree asks for your credit card number in order to make a reservation, or if they require a credit card for payment, choose a different hotel in Albuquerque.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank overoaked
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 3, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Doubletree Albuquerque! I understand you are having some billing issues. I apologize that you have not been assisted with that in a timely manner. Would you please contact me or the accounting department to address this? I will make sure you billing issues are attended to immediately. Thank you for your business and cooperation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were at the Doubletree for our convention and it was nice. Front Desk staff could have been a littel more efficient and perhaps not so stressed out. The morning crew was a bit grumpy, maybe a smile would help out. Night Desk staff nice and efficient. Ate the Pasta Bar, it was good, good selection. Maybe the restaurant could change it up a bit for dinner. The menu calls for "fine dining" (not extravagant) but the chairs and setting seems to call out: Cafeteria, very steril environment, I felt like we were at a college restaurant and not a 4 diamond hotel restaurant - we didn't eat there for dinner as the feel we had was not one we wanted to have during dinner.

Meeting room was nice and clean, our breaks were on time and the staff assigned to our event was very attentive. A word of advice, maybe you could get some of the stains out of the table cloths in the meeting rooms? They looked a bit worn and it wasn't just a few of them but almost all of them. I'm sure with much use they get worn, but maybe it's time to spring for new ones?

Had some drinks at the bar and it was nice, again though we didn't get the "WARM FUZZY" feeling, one that makes someone want to spend much time at the bar, it was open and the seating area adjacent to the bar had tables like ones in the restaurant with candles on the table, but when your seated at a table the candle is not lit. The ugly metal chairs are up there as well giving it a hard feeling, maybe the hotel was going for edgey and modern, maybe they should have gone for gawdy and comfortable, it would soften the feeling and make people want to sit around and drink, even the couches were a bit "SQUARE" even with the ONE throw pillow, not comfortable.

Bell staff and Manager On Duty at night were very helpful and very friendly, The night manager was a sort of ambassador, he was visible and very attentive.

All-in-all we had a good time, our meeting went off well, the sales staff along with the line staff that tended to our event was very nice and professional. We will recommend your place to anyone who is looking to travel to Albeqerque and tell them what a good experience we had.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Doubletree Albuquerque. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the feedback and I have taken care of the issues you encountered during your time with us. We strive for excellence at our property and it's great to hear that your meeting went well. We would love to have you at our hotel again, please give us a call when you are back in Albuquerque. See you soon!
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We were at the Doubletree for just one night and really did enjoy it. Updated since the last time we were there about 6 yrs ago. Staff was really friendly, management seems to have it under control.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2011
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
I would like to Thank you for staying with us when you were here in Albuquerque. We value your business and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear that my staff took good care of you! I hope you will come see us again soon. Thanks again!
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The Arizona State Track and Field team travels around the nation every weekend from January to June for competition. We have had no better stay than Albuquerque, NM. The staff was kind and willing to go above and beyond. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We also had catered dinners, and they were amazing!!! Overall, ASU was very impressed and will be recommending this hotel to friends, family, and other athletic teams.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
On behalf of the Doubletree team we would like to "THANK YOU" for your response. We are glad that all your expectations were met for your stay and catered event. We look forward in hosting you in the near future.
USA
Reviewed January 14, 2011

It's rare that I would take the time to write a review (good or bad), but our experience was so horrendous that it justified a warning. There were about 30 of us gathered from around the country for a week-long meeting. The problems started early with sour milk at our private breakfast buffet and got worse from there.

Keep in mind that most rationale individuals would not cencern themselves with one or two "fumbles" over the course of a week, even at the best hotels. But the experience at the Albuquerque Doubletree ensured I will never return. When the staff was alerted of the sour milk, they brought out two more iterations of soured milk (we must have been expecting too much for them to actually CHECK the subsequent milk, because it was easily identifiable by taste and smell). Not a huge deal...we moved on quickly.

The following morning we had two batches of ice cold coffee, until we notified the manager and received what was described as very hot day-old coffee. I passed on the second round and chose the OJ that was barely discernable from water. We simply filed it under "two bad mornings" at the Doubletree.

That evening, after we discovered two colleagues had to return "putrid smelling" sea bass at the hotel restaurant (along with several other patrons), we knew the staff and management of the Albuquerque Doubletree were asleep at the wheel. This was further solidified the following day when our afternoon snack consisted of a dozen bags of Cracker Jack that had expired in December of 2009! Yes, 2009 (over a year and a month past expiration). And what was even more surprising was the lethargic way in which management addressed these issues. To them it was no big deal!

As we entered into our final morning at the Albuquerque Doubletree, it was almost comical with all of the poor experiences...not to mention a few other basics like stale bagels and multiple dirty, lipstick residue glasses and a couple of colleague's rooms that had heating mishaps that lasted several days. We figured they would be on best behavior given the poor performance thus far. So you can imagine our surprise when we had a tray of MOLDY GRAPES delivered to our breakfast buffet. Are you kidding me??? How far does the management and staff have their heads in the sand to miss obvious things like this? Or worse yet, they simply don't care.

In either case, STAY AWAY, for your health and that of your family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
I sincerely apologies for the issues that occurred during your event. We at the Doubletree value our guests and strive to deliver the best service and product. I want to assure you that I have taken all the active measure with each department head to guarantee our guests that this will never happen again. Please call me anytime if you would like to discuss further.

Loretta Chavez
505-247-7003
Southwest Michigan
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The location was great as I was attending a conference next door. This is a part of the business downtown so there isn't as much shopping available but there was a good sushi place with walking distance!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thank you for staying at the Doubletree during your conference. I’m glad you enjoyed the selection of restaurants within walking distance. Sushi King is one of my favorites too! Hope to see you in the near future.
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed November 14, 2010

The staff at the Doubletree in Albuquerque went beyond ordinary customer service by meeting my requests to the room and important packages I need for a conference the next day. The room and clean services were excellent, always returned to a room well kept. I would come back to this hotel again if in the Albuquerque area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting the Doubletree. We strive very hard in providing each guest with great customer service. I am glad to hear we were able to provide a fresh and clean accommodation for you during your stay.