“Difficult to get to, but worth it”

Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque
Ranked #19 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Slidell, Louisiana
“Difficult to get to, but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Nice Hampton Inn alongside I-40 at Carlisle Boulevard. Because of the street system in the area the Inn is difficult to get to for the first timer. It was our second time to stay there.

Very nice and quiet. Clean and a very good value.

We ran into another tour group at this hotel. They were not quite the pain as an early one we ran into on the same trip. Don't like to stay where a tour group stays!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

My husband, son and I stayed here in July 2010. We, luckily, had pre-reserved our room as there was no availability when we arrived. The hotel was your typical Hampton inn – however the woman working the front desk was significantly LESS than pleasant as we checked in. Despite that the room was nice with all the standard amenities expected of a Hampton Inn. A note to travelers – if you are looking for AMAZING Indian food there is a restaurant called the Taj Mahal located in a strip mall just south of the hotel (and south of I-40) which is unbelievable – we would go back just to eat at the restaurant! Also – the hotel entrance is a bit tricky as the sign is very very small so pay attention as you cross over the freeway as it is just past the bridge on the right!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank csals
Waldorf,Md
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

This was a good economic choice, breakfast was good,beds comfortable, pillows lousy,too soft, staff friendly & helpful,However, I developed a rash, which I thought was from the heat as it was extremely hot but I discovered when i went to the Dr. 2 days after returning were bed bug bites!!!! Needless to say that changed the tone for me. The only other thing I would recommend would be for them to provide umbrellas at the pool as it is totally exposed with no shade whatsoever.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Simplycuban
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

This is a follow up review of this Hampton Inn. I was contacted by Hampton Inn and also the front desk manager of this Hampton Inn. They apologized for my inconvenience and sent me two Starbucks gift cards. I felt like that was a real effort on their part to try and make amends for the situation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Overall, I did like this hotel, but just make sure that you ask for a non-smoking room. I made the mistake of clicking no preference on my reservation and got stuck in a smoking room. I probably could have asked for another room, but I checked in fairly late and was only staying for the night so I just dealt with it. You get everything you've come to expect from a Hampton Inn... Clean rooms (aside from the smoke), comfortable beds, good service, but most importantly you get all this at a great value. The location wasn’t the greatest (about a $20 cab ride to the airport). Just know that since this is a Hampton Inn, you are guaranteed to leave every morning with a full stomach. Their hot breakfast is nothing short of amazing!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
southern, mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

We just checked into this Hampton and will stay 4 nights. We had already booked thru Travelocity. The desk clerk told us that we could have saved 20% by calling the hotel directly or calling the Hampton 800 number. I did that...and 79.00 was the rate they gave me. She continued to argue with me that we could have had the room for 69.00 if we had called. I gave up arguing...and we were still very pleased with our 79.00 rate. The rooms are small but very nice. The pool is small but again very nice. It is surrounded by construction on the interstate so it is a bit confusing to get to.

We love Hampton and try to always book with Hampton/Hilton when possible.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Cardiff by the sea, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

We spent two weeks touring around AZ, NM, TX, OK, and CO, and this was the nicest room of the half dozen Hampton Inns of the we stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple