“Good value...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas, Texas
“Good value...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Overall, I did like this hotel, but just make sure that you ask for a non-smoking room. I made the mistake of clicking no preference on my reservation and got stuck in a smoking room. I probably could have asked for another room, but I checked in fairly late and was only staying for the night so I just dealt with it. You get everything you've come to expect from a Hampton Inn... Clean rooms (aside from the smoke), comfortable beds, good service, but most importantly you get all this at a great value. The location wasn’t the greatest (about a $20 cab ride to the airport). Just know that since this is a Hampton Inn, you are guaranteed to leave every morning with a full stomach. Their hot breakfast is nothing short of amazing!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
southern, mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

We just checked into this Hampton and will stay 4 nights. We had already booked thru Travelocity. The desk clerk told us that we could have saved 20% by calling the hotel directly or calling the Hampton 800 number. I did that...and 79.00 was the rate they gave me. She continued to argue with me that we could have had the room for 69.00 if we had called. I gave up arguing...and we were still very pleased with our 79.00 rate. The rooms are small but very nice. The pool is small but again very nice. It is surrounded by construction on the interstate so it is a bit confusing to get to.

We love Hampton and try to always book with Hampton/Hilton when possible.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Cardiff by the sea, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

We spent two weeks touring around AZ, NM, TX, OK, and CO, and this was the nicest room of the half dozen Hampton Inns of the we stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffe V
Chittenango, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2008

Hampton Inns surely are known for one thing. Being basic, no frills, comfortable, yet cheap. This Hampton follows that model. Rooms were very Hampton Inn-esque. Nothing spectacular, but nothing disappointing either. The breakfast was typical Hampton style.

There is a lot of construction going on around the hotel nowadays. But, nothing disturbed my sleeping. In fact, there was a sign in the lobby alerting patrons to the renovations inside the hotel, but it said it would only be during the 10am-6pm hours. I was in the hotel between 10pm-8am, and never heard any construction, so they held true to their hours.

In any case, a pretty no-frills Hampton that does its job: beds and a cheap rate.

Stayed September 2008
atlanta ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2008

Second time I have stayed at this Hampton due to its convenient location literally right off the I-40, only about 10 minutes from the airport, and a great rate of only 85.00 per nigth on Hiltonhonors website. Overall an expected nice stay, very comfortable beds, good breakfast and fresh baked cookies in the afternoon.
Compared to many other Hampton Inns I have stayed at though this one could use a few updates:
* Needs hard wired internet in the rooms as the wireless was slow.
* Limited TV channels selection.
* No Gym on site. Passes are given for the Midtown Health Club next door which was really nice and HUGE, but if you don't have headphones then you can't hear any tv's. And sometimes you just don't feel like leaving the hotel to work out. It is walking distance, but the area looks very secluded between the hotel and the gym and I don't know if I would feel safe walking it at night.
* Furniture in Rooms could stand to be updated.
* Old A/C and Heating units not controlled by thermostat so getting the room to a comfy temp was tricky.

I certainly would not persuade anyone from not staying here, just want everyone to know what to expect. .

• Liked — location and rate
  • Disliked — gym off site, limited tv, non thermostat controlled a/c
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick C
Philly, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

Like all other Hamptons, this one was clean, comfortable, free breakfast, and and overall good value. Its location is on a side street, and the outside exterior isn't that appealing, plus it is in a location where you can't walk to much...but Albuquerque is small, so if you have a car...it isn't a big deal. The hotel does not have outside enterances to the rooms...so it's nice a safe. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. They always had a smile for you. They do have a pool in the back of the hotel, be we didn't get the chance to use it. There really isn't much more to say about this hotel. I would definantely recommend it...and be sure to catch the tramway in the Sandia Mountains. It is spectacular!!!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jcstone47
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2006

I guess it was bound to happen sometime. Our first bad Hampton Inn experience. My family and I (wife and 7 year old son) recently spent 1 night at this particular Hampton Inn and everything that you can almost always count on went wrong. First, we had just arrived and really only wanted a place to stay that was clean, had a nice pool for my son and was located in a safe area. After we had checked in (really smoth as always) my son "flew" down to the pool and, after gaining permission, jumped into the pool. No big deal other than when I looked into the water itself it was really dirty with things floating in it that I'm not really sure what they were. A really spooky sight I must say. My wife also noticed that the jacuzzi was empty and contained about 6-10 inches of what I'll loosely call water of some sort. I immediately ended the pool session, contacted the manager ( a pleasant but harried young man) who then called his maintenqnce engineer over who explained that the cleaning and circulation system weren't working properly and hadn't been "for a while". As for the jacuzzi it had apparently been out for at least a week and who knows when it will be prepared. This was a real yuck experience. The room itself was clean but the pillows were the bouncy foam type which pretty much killed my back for the night. Well, I thought to myself, at least the breakfast will be fine. How wrong I was. The sausage/gravy was so watered down as to be laughable (which many people were actually doing when looking at this "stuff"). Believe it or not the orange juice and apple juices were almost tasteless as they too were watereded down beyond recognition . Once again the staff were quite nice when informed of these problems but were helpless to do anything about it. As almost all of my many stays at assorted Hampton Inns have been quite predictable and satisfactory for my family this stay was quite a disappointment. Given the many choices in town we won't be staying here again

• Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family