“Nice Stay”

Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque
Ranked #22 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel was quaint and comfortable. We arrived quite late in the evening. The heating/cooling unit in the first room issued was working erratically. I went down to the desk and the gentleman there immediately issued us another room. The workers there were very pleasant and kind, and the rooms were very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. This was a last leg of a 5,000 mile round trip that my family and I took and this is one of my favorite Hampton's of the trip. I was a little concerned because it is the only Hampton which we stayed that they posted signs that in essence read, park at your own risk, we assume no liability... This is not word for word, but a somewhat accurate portrayal. Since it was so late at night when we arrived, I could not get a look at the surrounding area, so I was at first concerned. The next morning, it did not appear nearly as threatening as I thought. It was fine stay, comfortable bed and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you do not like to be on the bottom, or first floor, be advised that due to the layout of the lan...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Good morning, Howard H, from Springfield, Illinois, one nice review of our hotel, and yes we are in very safe place, wow you travelled 5,000 miles, that is some trip. We have a very hard working staff, to make sure all guests are taken care, we are very happy that you took time to send a review our Hampton Inn University Midtown. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights on a business trip. I got a king bed. The room was nice, it was a little smaller then most Hampton rooms, but the set up maximize the space available. There was am arm chair and a desk and chair. The desk was pushed into a small nook, but could be pulled out do that you weren't working starring at the wall. Would definitely stay here again. In walking distance to an awesome rock climbing gym and a running path.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Good day, Brian K, from the city of crosses, Las Cruces, my family and I lived there for several years, my children graduated from Las Cruces High and Mayfield, really loved it there, we want to really thank you for staying at our Hampton, we are happy you enjoyed your stay, and happy you will be back. Please when you come back ask for me and be happy to have some coffee and yes the Stone Age Climbing is really great we are have to have them across the street.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

They are very friendly!and the stay was very pleasant. Staff was very professional and the rooms are super clean. I'll be staying their when I'm in Albuquerque NM. I also liked that when I made the reservation it was quick and easy! and when I arrived they had me all set up..Ready to go! and when you have been traveling, all you want is to go straight to the room and rest. and that's exactly what I did. I totally recommend it and may I say it's very affordable!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Good day, Anna from Roswell, we thank you for taking time to write such a nice 5 Star review, we work hard each and every day to make our guests feel like they are at home. We are here to be of service to our guests, our guests always come first. And thank you again Anna, you will start our day just right.

Joe Gallegos

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was in the center of the areas we planned to visit. It is at the end of a dead end street, but near busy cross streets. Traffic was at a minimum at the hotel, and it is easy to get out onto the busy streets. Shopping is nearby. The hotel was clean and comfortable; the staff was friendly and efficient; the food was good. It is a non-smoking hotel. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good morning, Diane C, what a nice 5 Star review, your review goes a long way, believe me the entire staff looks forward to our Tripadvisor review board each morning, we thank you for taking time to review our Hampton, please if you are going to stay with us in the future please let me introduce you to our stall,

email: joe.gallgegos@hilton.com

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The reason I stay here is, the staff, location, and how clean the hotel is. The front desk staff makes you feel at home each and every time. The breakfast, hot foods are hot and the cold items nice and cold. The Hilton Rewards are a plus, I stay here and my company stays here because of the staff and great location to our office.

Room Tip: four floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Thank you, Jack from Farmington, this is a great 5Star review for our staff, it makes work nicer when we see this our on Trpadvisor Bulletin Board, the staff works hard every day to make sure our guests are taken care, you provide us with jobs, once again thank you.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My bride and I stay at Hampton Inns a lot. We enjoy being able to predict the comfort of the bed, pillows, and layout, and really enjoy that many, if not most, have all had a face-lift over the past few years.

That said, the University/Midtown location in Albuquerque needs some serious TLC.

Even though the hotel web and staff state that this hotel is a No Smoking property (and we were told by staff that it has been for 4 years), we ended up in a room which had been smoked in recently.

A visit to the front desk quickly got us moved to an empty room and our bill was adjusted for the inconvenience, so that was resolved, thankfully.

A couple of observations about this property:
-This location is easily accessible from I-40, but the entrance is one-way, and you must leave the property through a light industrial area which is a bit confusing.
-The breakfast area is dated. Flow in the self-service area is jumbled. Seating is limited since the very old, large furniture has yet to be replaced and the high-bar takes up much of the room.

There are at least two other Hampton locations within a very few miles from this one and I would suggest that you try either of the others.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Good Sunday, morning, Gary from L.A. happy that our front desk staff was able to move you to a better room, with this review I will give this to our GM and Executive Housekeeper regarding the smoke smell the first room you were given, we are disappointed as you are as we treat each and every review very serious. Thank you for your review and we will move forward on this.

Director of Sale
Hotel Phone: - 505-837-9300
email: joe.gallegos@hilton.com

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here last night with my husband. This is a good stop for the night off of I-40 while traveling. Seems to be in a decent part of Albuquerque. You can tell that it is an older hotel, but it appears to be well maintained and updated. The bed was comfortable and room was clean. However, you can hear neighboring toilets flush (no other noises though). They also offer breakfast. Depending on the side of the hotel your room is facing you may get a view of the Sandia Mountains. We went out for dinner after arriving and quickly found ourselves in the "wrong side of town." If you don't know the area well, I would advise to stay near the University of New Mexico, which is not far from the hotel (driving). After finding two reviewed dining locations we decided on the Frontier Restaurant (right across from the university) for Mexican food and were not disappointed. But as far as the hotel goes, I would stay here again if traveling through.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Good day, Emma B, you eat at my favorite place, the "Frontier Restaurant" just across, from the University of New Mexico, the owners are big lobo boosters, and they provide jobs for UNM students also, thank you for such an nice review of our hotel, thank you and we look forward to your return. The University of Alabama has one great football as well as Auburn, you all play in one hard conference.

Your Host: