“Okay place to stay while travelling”

Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque
Ranked #22 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Midtown Albuquerque Hampton while passing through on Interstate 40. Very typical Hampton Inn. My wife stayed there on Business recently which is the only reason we found the entrance to the hotel. The entrance to this Hampton Inn is rather hard to find and my bet is that most go by it once or twice so be forewarned. Our family rarely interacts with Hotel staff but we were extremely disappointed with one staff member refusing to help locate the family who were abusing the use of the luggage cart. There were many elderly people trying to checkout and one family had there items stacked on the cart for more than 30 minutes while eating breakfast while staff member refused multiple requests to help locate the family so they could be told to let others us that cart. Really an unfortunate situation that needed help resolving.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you BCHP, from the great state of Texas, we are disappointed that our staff member did not react to the guests regarding the cart for luggage that a guest had to wait 30 minutes, this is not what is expected from us, we are better than that, and we have spoken to the staff member that this is unacceptable. We want to thank you for pointing that out to us, it is guests like you and your family that helps us do a better job. We are better than that we take pride in taking care of our guests.

Joe M Gallegos

Reviewed September 28, 2013

stayed here twice in the last couple of months at the Hampton Inn Midtown University.September 6th thru the 8th was the second time, my family and I stayed and enjoyed it!!! Can't say it enough how helpful the staff and the front desk is. I personally want to thank you Joe and your staff/frontdesk , for being very helpful and courteous , all nights I did stay between these last 2 trips the rooms are very clean, and I again enjoyed the fitness room, and kids of course enjoyed the pool!!! Breakfast was great all the way around so thank you and my family and I,know where we can stay with out any worries when we travel to albuquerque!!!HAMPTON INN MIDTOWN UNIVERSITY ROCKS! !!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you Manuel G, from the great city of Roswell, we have a lot of folks from Roswell, let me tell you that Roswell is one key city for our hotel. The staff looks at all trip advisor comments and we take them all very serious and your comment makes our day. We all take pride in our work and we hope all guests enjoy the stay here.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm a huge Hampton Inn fan and this hotel was a no-brainer for me to book a room in. The price was unreal (I think it was under $100!) and the location could not have been better for my business in ABQ.

The young gentleman at the front desk was the model of personal service. The lobby was cool and clean and modern, like 99% of Hampton Inns that I've been in. My room was nice and clean and the bathroom was great, too. The towels seemed a little thinner than some other Hampton Inns that I've been in but they worked fine. The wireless worked good and the bed was great. The breakfast was a bit of a disappointment for me because they didn't have hard boiled eggs like I thought all Hampton Inns had. The only egg offering was something called "egg toppers"; sort of a half-an-English-muffin sort of thing with an egg mixture on top that was baked or cooked. It may have been the best thing ever, but I didn't try it because I stay away from things I think may have trans fat in them. I apologize to the manager and hotel if they didn't have trans fat, but since I wasn't sure I passed on trying them. They did have the classic Hilton chain real oatmeal which is always great and was here, as well. They had a ton of juices and yogurts and the great Hampton Inn coffee and tea selection. The coffee and tea area looked like a group of hyenas were staying in the hotel, but I guess some hotel guests can be very, very, very messy and don't give it a second thought to make a mess for someone else. The front desk person was busy taking phone calls and trying to work with folks checking out, etc. She finally went over and cleaned the coffee and tea area when she had a lull in her busy morning. I only mention that because she was doing a great job of juggling everything; it's not her fault some people just spill things and leave half-opened containers of creamer floating in their half-full cups that they leave on the counters.. The more I travel the more annoyed and disappointed I become with some of my fellow travelers.

This hotel had a really strange entry / exit sequence if you're driving here. It's a tiny one-way driveway over a bridge and when you leave you go way around a couple of blocks and cross traffic, etc., to get back to the main street. The outdoor pool and hot tub looked excellent and I never saw anyone in either of them. It was "perfect" weather, in my definition: mid-80s, bone dry, and 100% blue sky. I should have taken advantage of this great pool.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again when I'm in Albuquerque. It's a GREAT town and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Scotty G777, from Saint Paul, Minnesota, can say enough thanks, this on one great review of the hotel. The staff was so happy to see it in our break room.
You covered a lot in the review. I want to thank you on behalf of our staff, please if you pass this way again. Stop by and have some coffee with us, we will have our entire staff meet you.

Hotel Phone: 505-944-5772

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Loved the cleanliness of this Hampton. The room was at the end of the hall and quite large. Immaculate!
My husband and I travel the I-40 route from Nevada to Tennessee quite often. We usually stay at one of the moderately priced chains as we are just staying overnight and mainly interested in a good sleep. While we aren't expecting a resort quality hotel, there are certain criteria that we feel must be met, This Hampton is obviously well managed. Staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was the usual fare but again, clean and well run.
Will star this property and stay again next time through.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you, Roadtripper 47, and VIVA Las Vegas, the staff takes a lot of pride in what we do, we do it for our guests, we want our guest to have the best stay, you provide us with jobs, thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we see you vist a lot of hotels, we are happy that you picked our Hampton Inn University Midtown. You put a little pep in our step today.

Joe M. Gallgos
email: joe.gallegos@hilton.com

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here on September 1, 2013 and the room was very nice. clean and comfortable. The only problem is that it is a little hard to get to. It is very visable from the hwy, but when you turn on Carlysle, the street to get there is small and a tiny sign for the Hampton inn. it is just a half block from freeway so drive slowly and turn right at the one way sign. u will probably miss the Hampton sign.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rickkimmons
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

We value your review. Rickkimmons from Rockport, Texas
Rickkimmons, the city of Rockport was established in 1870,, what a great place to live. Thank you for taking time for your nice review, the entrance is a bit hard, but once you are here we do our best to take care of our guests. Thank you

505-837-9300

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

But if that's all I can find to complain about, its not bad at all. The breakfast hostess tends to hover always wiping counters and generally getting in the way. The front desk host was very helpful and on the second night he even found a cot for us. Breakfast was standard fare, please see my other reviews. The pool was clean and quiet however try to stay out until after 3 or til the pool is a bit shaded, saves burning your scalp.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank travelusa1113
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

WOW!! thank you travelusa1113, from Watrous, Canada, long way from home, we are happy
travelusa1113. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel, we want to thank you for taking time to do this. It help our staff knowing we are taking care of our customers.

505-837-9300

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nice, clean, great pool, good atmosphere. Outstanding breakfast.The waffles, fresh fruits, meat and cheese topped English muffins, toast, and especially the coffee were delicious. Hamptons have never disappointed, and this is no exception. Wonderful value as we travelled across country.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William C
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you, William C, from Roaoke, what a nice review, we think our breakfast is one of the best there is. We are happy your family enjoyed the hotel, and happy you enjoyed the pool also.

Director of Sales.