“One of the best Hampton Inns”

Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque
Ranked #23 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed for one night and this was one of the best Hampton Inn hotels I've stayed. The room appearance, cleanliness and furnishings were very nice, exceeding expectations. Would definitely stay again when traveling through Albuquerque.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Good Day, Bogdan S, from Nashvile, United State,

Beautiful Nashville, music city, Nashville has such a great historic sites. We want to thank you for such a nice review of our hotel, thank you for taking time to write this. We do our best to take care of our guests and our hotel, please tell all your friends about us, and thanks to TripAdvisor you have.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

For a overnighter on the way to somewhere else, this is a good, basic Hampton Inn with all the accommodations and services you expect from Hilton's Hampton brand. But . . it's just not special warranting a very good or excellent in my book.

As an Honors member, they did not honor my request for a top floor room which was disappointing. No complimentary bottles of water were offered. Our room - and the whole property - was very clean but it was smaller that standard with a unique, wood built in desk area. Bathroom was especially small but functional. Bed was comfy and had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was Hampton typical but found it quite disturbing to observe the buffet lady, who was doing a great job keeping everything cleaned and well stocked, touch most of the bagels, toast, muffins, etc. with her bare hands as she was arranging them. This is a major health issue.

So, again, good, clean, basic accomodations but no whistles and bells here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Hi, TFopion/from PA, we see from you proflle:
You are an experienced traveler, and I have talked to our Assistant General Manager regarding your review, you are correct we fell short of your expectations , we value all travelers and when you are a loyal Hilton Member, we should have done what was expected of us. We do want to thank you for the nice comments on our breakfast hostess, she enjoys her job and has been with us for over 10 years , as you can see she takes pride in her work.

Hotel Phone:505-837-9300

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The price was pretty good and I thought I knew what to expect skimming some of the reviews for this location. After a long day of traveling with a sick child, we were actually quite surprised with what we received. We arrived late in the evening, and check-in took only a few minutes. The room was very clean, in good repair, and larger than described. The bed was very comfortable. We felt refreshed that morning. The breakfast was also a lot better than expected. The usual continental, make your own waffles and these tasty bacon-cheese bagels. The coffee was good and they had flavored creamers and a selection of sweeteners versus the last Hampton we had visited. While it is not a full hot breakfast, it was decent, the area was well kept and clean. There were a lot of choices of things to eat. Check out was very quick. While as others complained, there is not a pull out in the room, the chair and foot rest my son used seemed to please him.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you, utopianidealist from the great state of California, I like your screen name,"recognized the utopian nature of hope". It covers a lot of ground, and we all need the sprit of hope for a better life for all. It was nice to read your review, "Woke Up Refreshed" wow that is great to hear, thank you for such a great review. Please tell more folks about our hotel. On behalf of the staff thank you again. And Yes the World Does Need More Hope.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My son was participating in The NMPREPS Football Combine over the week-end and The Hampton Inn Midtown came through big time. I arrived late and they held the room for me, the room was clean and sound proof. Sunday morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. Did I say it was complementary. I was looking for a different favor yogurt, and the hostess went out of her way to go and find one for me. My son did well at the combine, in part because he got a great night of sleep and was able to put a hot meal in his stomach.

Thank You Hampton Inn Midtown.

1  Thank Kevin B
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Are you ready for some football? Thank you Kevin B from Roswell, we wish nothing but the very best for your son, you must be proud parents. And yes our morning breakfast hostess does a fantastic job, she has been here for several years and takes pride in what she does. We get a lot of folks from Roswell and the southern part of the state, we run ads in the newspaper and radio. Again we are happy for your son and wish him the very best, thank you again Kevin B from Roswell.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed for 1 night. The hotel is located in the NE of I-40 and Carlisle Blvd. I came from EB I-40 exit at Carlisle, turned left, crossed the fwy. The building is 300 ft from the main st, driveway is very narrow and directional sign was too small. I missed it the 1st time. Turned around and finally saw the building and then the sign. You enter the property right in front of Econno Lodge. The only way to exit the property is thru a street at the end, not the main street Carlisle. You mus drive along the street EB for 1.5 miles (2nd light) before you can find an entrance to I-40. The property is of Hampton standard. Breakfast area is newly renovated and bright.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Kcheu, the hotel is hard to get to, the entrance come up to you very quickly, you have a valid point. I did see by your review that you did give us a good review and we very much thank you for that, Our Hampton is one of the highest rated on our inspections, we do have a great breakfast, clean rooms and a great staff, thank you again Kcheu for a nice review.

email: joe.gallegos@hilton.com

Reviewed July 26, 2013

when I checked in the young lady seemed flustered, she had just got off the phone with a personal call and sounded like it did not go well, When I was going to the pool, I ran into the sales person who was just going into the meeting room, I asked if I could see the room as I do put on meetings and was planning on one late winter, he should the room and went over what they could do for me, he went back to his office and give me information on this hotel and the other Hampton on the other side of town, he took time to explain what the hotel could do and said they knew several catering companies that could do the lunch for us. I also spoke to Alex the next morning and what a nice young man. So Joe and Alex did make my stay good.

Room Tip: i like the 4th floor good view of mountains
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

And thank you Rick T, from Hobbs, New Mexico, we do get a lot of folks from Hobbs, and could sure use a lot more, we are very proud to be members of the Hobbs Chamber of Commerce, Grant Taylor is the CEO, and does refer customers our way. Rick we did fall short on your check in, and we have gone over this with Tim our Assistant General Manager. And yes Alex does a great job with all guest. We await for your return, and thank you so much for such a great review.
The city of Hobbs is good for New Mexico and good for our hotel also.

505-837-9300

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My dad's whole side of the family and I stayed here for 3 nights while attending my cousin's wedding. When we first arrived there was a bit of confusion with all of the different reservations that my dad had made but after he explained the situation it was all taken care of. The hotel has a very nice trail to run/jog on that my cousin and I ran on in the mornings, very nice for hotel guests that want to get a nice outside workout.The food at the hotel was just ok. I always enjoy the fact that Hampton Inns have coffee and tea available for the guests all day! The hotel is not very easy to get into.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

EmJDom7210 from Indianapolis, Indiana. We in Albuquerque have a strong tie to Indianapolis, the Unser Family lives here, so we know the Indy 500, they have won it a few times.
We are happy to hear that we did get it right we wish your cousin the very best and have a great life. And we do have a nice running trail right along side of the hotel. Thank you and if you come to vist again we will tell you more of the Unser family.
Thank you for such a nice review.

Joe M. Galllegos