“Rude Employee”

Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Belen, New Mexico
“Rude Employee”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton, as our house was being painted. I waited in the lobby for my husband to come pick me up in the lobby as I have a hard time walking. I was getting coffee for my husband, when I heard the front desk person, here name was Ramona, she was on the phone with a smug look on her face and was loud enough for all to hear, that she is training yet one more manager. She said they should pay her extra as she ends up doing all the work anyway. I told my husband about it and he said I would not like to work there with that person. The hotel is clean and the rest of the staff was nice. It was just her.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here one night while passing through Albuquerque. The location provides relatively easy access to I-40 and, as we had hoped, we missed most of the rush hour traffic coming into town as we headed east in the morning. Just be sure to get detailed directions from the front desk about the easiest way to get back onto I-40 once you get to the hotel. Some Hampton Inns are nicer and better managed than others and this one seems above average. The bedrooms and bathrooms were reasonably large and clean, and the beds and furnishings were comfortable. Nothing terribly unique or particularly special about the property but we have paid a lot more for a lot worse.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Highway_Marker
Chicago
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton inn a few times in the past 10 years, and with the recent renovations to the property, it will be the place to stay for my travels thru Albuquerque. The 2 bed, non smoking room had comfortable beds with good linens, a flat screen TV and a desk area. The bathrooms are small, but has counter space and a towel cabinet above the toilet.
Check in was smooth and parking is good. It is a little tricky to get into the parking lot off of Carlisle (Right turn after the bridge). Breakfast was good for those "on the run" with fresh coffee and a variety of items. The staff was friendly and helpful.
For a one night, just passing thru town stay, this hotel is a good choice in Albuquerque.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ChitownCountry
North Wales
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton Inn, althought part of a chain, has the feel of a family friendly small hotel.

All the staff we met were warm and welcoming and couldn't be more helpful.

The breakfast was excellent and kept fresh by the staff.

The rooms, pool, gym and spa were all spotlessly clean and well maintained.
The Spa did need a boost on the jets

A great stay, thanks.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank patpinnock
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stay at Hamptons when I travel and this was centrally located. It kind of hard to get to since its off a small one way street that looks like a driveway. Leaving is even harder because there is no direct way to get back to the main streets! My room was OK, it was clean and typical Hampton. The window was off its track and letting noise in from the freeway, I had to lift it and place it back in order to close. I did have a great view of homeless people camping out by the freeway exit from my room though. The pink tiles in the bathtub need updating and the bathroom was pretty small. This isnt a bad hotel, just needs a update. The front desk staff were pleasant and friendly and the price was great. Morning breakfast is typical, scrambled eggs, cold cereal, etc.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesnt overlook I40!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelalot31310
DC area
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The rooms in this hotel have been recently renovated/updated with the usual great linens but with darker wood tones. My room looked great and was very clean. The foyer and breakfast area downstairs has also been updated; that and the "business center" -- a little hallway off the foyer -- are a bit cramped. This was a convenient one-night stop over. However, I don't think I'd stay longer or for a vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank beulahrit
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a great hotel in a good location. It's exactly what you expect from Hampton Inn - comfy beds, hot breakfast, clean, updated rooms. The WiFi worked great. The location is really good, it's near the intersection of I-25 and I-40. We didn't have a problem with the hot water like others did. The staff was friendly. Our room faced the highway and we didn't have any highway noise. (We slept with the window closed, though.) I would as for a room above the first floor, though, because the first floor rooms are actually on the ground level so people in the parking lot (and the headlights from their car) could potentially be bothersome.
There is a fitness center (didn't use it - we were hiking every day!) and an outdoor pool.
All in all, this was a great stay. We ended up here using Priceline and had a great rate, too!

Room Tip: second floor or higher
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple