“Location, location, location”

Ranked #20 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few months and have had a Great experience with the staff every time. They are very helpful and extremely friendly. This hotel is located right across the street from the Coronado mall, uptown mall in Albuquerque, and literally 5 min away from I-40. It's a Great place to stay whether your traveling with family or for business. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your patronage and your kind words. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Shehnaz Mehta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lima, Peru
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I mainly selected the hotel due to the location. The area is surrounded by shops and restaurants.
Is also close to medical facilities and ABQ mall.
The breakfast was included on the hotel fare and it was super good and complete, great selection.
I also used the swimming pool and everything was very clean

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a response. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

New Jersey
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Hotel has large, nicely-decorated rooms with comfortable beds. Pretty quiet. The TVs are gigantic (by my standards) and have a sharp picture. There were no noise issues, although the room heater/AC unit was a bit loud.

The main issue I had was with hot water. The first morning, the shower was too cold, so I just washed my hair in the sink. I complained to the front desk. On the second morning, the shower was just warm enough to use, but still on the cold side for winter. I complained again, and on the third morning I had normal hot water. I received several apologies, but no discount or consideration (perhaps because I was on a special group rate from the client I was visiting?). The problem was eventually addressed, but it would have been nice to have hot water every day, and, barring that, only have to complain once.

Minor wear-and-tear is also evident -- a few cracked tiles, small stains on carpet tiles, obviously spot-replaced carpet tiles, scuffs on doors etc. Nothing of consequence, though.

The complimentary breakfast is decent. Problems: the bananas looked too old, and one day when I came to breakfast before 7:00am, no hot items were available. But there were plenty of other choices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I am extremely sorry that you experienced Hot water issues at our Hotel. Since then the Boiler has been fixed and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We love Hyatt place because you always know what you will get what you paid for! Pleasant, courteous staff: large rooms: great breakfast = a great stay!!!

We always request a ground floor room and the manager went out if her way to make that happen.

Will stay again anytime we are traveling through!!!

Stayed December 2013
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Uptown! We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Warm Regards,
Glencoe
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here earlier this week. The rooms were clean and looked like other Hyatt Places. The staff was friendly and helpful. What we liked the best was the location. Since we were driving cross country and the weather was unseasonably cold, we were able to walk indoors at a nearby mall. The outdoor mall across from the hotel has great shopping if you have time and restaurants with a range of prices.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again and Happy Holidays from all of us here at the Hyatt Plavce Albuquerque Uptown.

Sincerely

Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just did a three week trip to the USA, where I stayed at six different Hyatt properties, all using my Hyatt Gold (loyalty) points. Although all of them had some issue or other, I must say that Hyatt Place Albuquerque Uptown needs special mention.

Like most of Hyatt Place properties, the layout of the rooms and lobby was exactly the same. Even the inability to offer hot chocolate at breakfast, and coffee or tea at the lobby all day - like ALL other chains do; now aren't the Hyatt guys REAL cheapos! - was exactly the same as every other property....but.....

We checked in for the first weekend of the Balloon Fiesta, and our first encounter was with a very serious-looking lady whose name tag read "Shehnaz, General Manager". Boy was she "friendly"! (Anybody wants to chill a beer fast, approach this person please!). Asked her whether this Hyatt Place property has Manager's Receptions (like many chains do) or a Welcome Drink for a Platinum Member (like we had at the Hyatt Place San Antonio - North/Stone Oak), but I may as well have asked her if she wanted a lobotomy done on her. Such was her cold unfriendliness. Its ok if you're not able to match the service that others provide, but was such gruffness really necessary?

In fact, her team of staff manning the front desk were so much more friendly and willing to provide a variety of information including a good insight about the Balloon Fiesta, especially a Ms. Leah.
I guess being a GM, she may have forgotten how to be friendly to guests.

But the bigger issue was the fact that although I had booked the stay at this property (and all the rest on this trip) using my loyalty points - which Hyatt promptly deducted from my account - this Hyatt Place also went ahead and charged my credit card for the two-night stay. Now, isn't that really friendly!

I have since contacted Hyatt twice to resolve the charges, but, to-date have not gotten any acknowledgment that they are indeed looking into this matter. Maybe, like their GM at the property, they are not interested in being friendly to guests. Or perhaps, they are too busy thinking up of ways to save more money for the chain. What next Hyatt, remove the hot breakfast offerings and serve cold cereal and croissants only?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OSY225
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are in receipt of your response and I would like to start with a sincere apology. I am sorry that your credit card was charged for two nights when you were booked on a redemption stay. If you will send me your name and conatct info i will be happy to research your charge.
I am truly sorry that you felt I was rude to you. I understand perception and please beleve that customer service to us is the only real amenity we provide and we would hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Topeka, KS
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here during the last weekend of the Balloon Fiesta. It was PACKED. The check in process was easy and the staff were all very friendly. The rooms were what you'd expect from a Hyatt Place. The location was great for those who like to shop. We were across the street from an upper end outdoor mall (Jared's, Pottery Barn, etc.). However, the lights from the shopping district made it impossible to get our room dark at night. The breakfast in the morning was okay... eggs weren't that great, but everything else was tasty. We had the sausage, oatmeal, toast and yogurt. But it was very, very difficult to find a place to sit because of the throngs of people. The only major negative was the incredibly s-l-o-w elevators that smelled like oil. Luckily, we were on the 2nd floor and were able to take the stairs most of the time.

Room Tip: get a room on the lower levels so you can take the stairs and avoid the painstakingly slow elevators...