“Perfect Service”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown
Ranked #20 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 23, 2013

WOW! What a beautiful place. Staff was great. Amenities were awesome. Food was delicious. My room was spotless, cleaned well everyday. Major kudos to the housekeeping staff and the department major. She did a phenomenal job. So a very special thank you to her for ensuring my room was cleaned correctly everyday even with my sometimes difficult schedule. I will return if life brings me back to the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank texasty1980
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate your feedback. Please come back and stay with us again.

Shehnaz Mehta

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel was amazing! From the rooms to the staff to the little extra's they offer. It really made my trip to Albuquerque a great one. The breakfast was fantastic and the housekeeping service was second to none. My room was spotless! It's so refreashing to come back to the room and have it smell fresh and clean each night. I also remember that everyone at the hotel was very friendly and had no problem everytime I asked for more towels and conditioner. I'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to hosting your next stay.

Shehnaz Mehta

Reviewed January 9, 2013

All Hyatt Place hotels are exactly the same (some layout, same furnishings, same breakfast, same everything.) This is the third one I've stayed in and I got exactly what I expected at the exact price I would expect to pay. We were satisfied with our experience and had no hiccups. It is located across the street from a nice mall with lovely shopping and it was convenient to all the sights in Albuquerque (5-10 minute drive to old town.) If you are a couple with two small children, I actually prefer the king layout to the double bed layout - you have a bit more room to maneuver and the pullout couch is more than sufficient for small children.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

So sorry about the late response but I personally wanted to say Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you agin in the future.

Take care

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Each year my husband and I spend several nights here, and we've never been disappointed. It is beginning to look like it is going to need some attention with updating, but the large rooms, comfortable beds and clever arrangement of the floor plan keeps us coming back. The staff is always very courteous, the breakfast is good, and we especially like the uptown location. Within walking distance is wonderful outdoor shopping and many quality restaurants. Altogether, a great experience.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thahnk you for your kind coments. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Area Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Having stayed at Several Hyatt Places, this one is acceptable...needs to be spruced up a bit, and they should probably replace the windows.

Its a nice all suite hotel chain, some locations better than others. This one is in a nice part of town, right across from great food and a Trader Joes. Fairly cheap price...not much else to say.

Nice staff, Clean-ish room (carpet was a little dirty)...I slept well and then left ;-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your candid commenst. We will ensure that a little attention to detail is implemented when checking rooms for dust etc.

Tahnk you

Area Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here two nights and were very happy with the hotel. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing we did not like about the room was the bathroom, it was small and dark, but it was clean.

The breakfast at the hotel is also very good. It is much better than most hotel breakfasts. You could tell they really used good quality ingredients and not the usual store brand frozen foods and juices most hotels in this price-point use. They had Tazo teas and Starbucks coffee too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Two couples on a road trip needed a base for two nites in ABQ. Spouse and I live in NM and come to ABQ every 2-3 months and have stayed in properties all over the city, largely chosen because of their proximity to errands/appointments we have. This time, however, we were bringing relatives from out of state with us and the location was great. Got a good rate and that was nice. This used to be an AmeriSuites and has been converted. We had a huge room on the 4th floor, facing north. The living area was fine except for the couch which is well past its use by date - hump sprung. Also, every (and I mean every) horizontal surface in the room needs to be dusted and polished. We were two rooms away from elevator but heard it clearly. You could even hear it near the front door of the lobby! Breakfast was a bit chaotic which is not how I like to start my days. The overall experience was good due to helpful staff, size of room, rate and location. A few tweaks by management and I will up my ranking! Just wish they allowed dogs.

Room Tip: Ask to be far from elevator so you don't hear it whirring all night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends