Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown
$59
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$102
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
ComfortInn
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$75
$114
$109
HIExpress.com
All reviewsoutdoor mallwithin walking distanceshopping and restaurantsroom layoutdirectly across the streetcoronado mallsitting areahotel is locatedlocation is greatfree breakfastrooms are largebusiness tripthe hotel is cleanthe breakfast areagreat place to stayeasy accessoatmeal
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I'd give this place a zero circle if I could. I had really high hopes for this place. Maybe way too high. I've stayed at other Hyatt properties but this place is the worst. All I want from a hotel is that they're honest with what their accommodations. All I want is a dark room that's quiet so I can sleep. It's shocking that Hyatt would put their name on something so poorly run.
Hyatt Place is a chain of remodeled motels formerly known as Amerisuites. The place still smells old. Old cigarette smell still everywhere. The place is supposed to be smoke free but the moment you walk in to the lobby you get a whiff of old cigarette smell covered up by fake smelling baked goods, Glade?. No, the smell is not from the cafe next to the front desk. I guess it was too much trouble to properly remodel the place. It's like spraying a dead lawn with green paint to make it look alive.
Anyhow, when we checked in the front desk staff seemed lost. She was nice but what happened to training the staff before putting them to work. The other front desk girl was surly like we owe her something for having her there. I think the worst was the manager whom could have cared less that all this was going on right in front of her. You can see the indifference in her eyes.
Once we open our room we were shocked at how trick photography can make something so ugly look nice. The points started falling from there. The place was clearly a former motel of some sort. They tried to make it look fancy with the remodel but the ceiling is claustrophobically low and pop corned still. Yuck! -30.
The room smelled like really old cigarettes and something greasy. double Yuck! -60. The sink area is right IN FRONT of the bed so when you're sitting in bed that's what you see. Ugly! What's even uglier is the fire alarm sprinkler directly above my head??? Who design the rooms? amateur. The bad things keep piling up. Squeaky bathroom door, dusty surfaces, lumpy bed, loud AC, stain carpet and furniture... -100 more
Remember I'd asked for a quiet and dark room? I found out the next morning that they should have put me in another room. I did not sleep the whole night. The AC was extremely loud even though we only had the fan on. The traffic driving by was loud and got louder as the hours progressed. I was counting buses instead of sheep. I tried to sleep. I had my ear plugs on and eye mask on what else can I do? ( I'll tell you what the supervisor at the call centre offered as a solution later.) I ended up tossing and turning all night long.
So the next morning at checkout I told the staff of my experience and believe it or not, she told me to do the survey that'll be email to me. No apologies at all. Sooo personal and caring you think? I left in shock, well, really tired with bags and dark circles under my eyes. Not even my sunglasses could cover them. I enjoyed the rest of my NM trip visiting Santa Fe and Tao but when I got back I got back to reality.
I did the survey they sent me and all I got was an email response from the Regional Mgr saying " Sorry you had such a bad experience." I was not happy with the response, I expected more from Hyatt. So I called the hotel and spoke to the mgr, all she said was she'd never heard of the complaint and that she's very shock and very sorry about my experience. I asked for a refund and she said she'll see what she can do...are you kidding me? The RM needs to ask permission for a refund? I didn't hear from her for another few days 3 business days or 72 hours as they say.
I called again on the 3rd business day the follow up. What I got is probably the worst customer service I've ever experienced or heard of. I asked to speak to a supervisor when the rep was not helpful.( new and inexperienced ) After about 10 minutes of waiting, on came a crass supervisor with "what's the problem" to start the conversation. I said, "It sounds like your attitude is to start with" . I explained the whole experience to him and he said at the end, "If you're stay was so horrible, why didn't you just leave?". I said "no kidding, I should have gotten out of bed at 2 am and packed all my stuff up and then drove around town looking for another hotel." DISGUSTING!!

I later found out that he's a new bee. Obviously not the personality for the service industry. Sad sad place and sad sad customer relations supervisor. Stay anywhere but here!
Room Tip: You won't get the room you want because they won't bother listening to you.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pea C
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Arrived before check-in time but still allowed to do so. Was cross at the fact we could not have a king bedded room as requested months ago when we booked and had to settle for a twin bed room as hotel sold out. Can't see why as being early surely we had the pick of rooms before everyone else had arrived? Because it was an Expedia booking maybe? However, had room on top floor as requested which was clean and fresh so satisfied about that. Once again another duvet on bed instead of blanket which I find very hot in Summer even with A/C turned up. Seems pointless to me with the heat outside, duvet on and the A/C cranked up? Blankets in Summer please. The breakfast was very good indeed with something for everyone from the fresh hot oatmeal to the fruit salad (both delicious) cereals, yoghurts, breads. Seating was tight yes, but other areas were available to sit in. A microwave was left in the breakfast area for use later on. Pool area nice with lemon coloured towels.
Staff were very good at their jobs which was a mix of front desk, seeing to food items ordered on the menus, bar tending, even keeping the lobby area clean, plus keeping clients like us happy! The female manager seemed very hands on and was interested enough in her clients to have conversations with us.
We enjoyed being very near the excellent shopping across the street, Trader Joes, restaurants and sight seeing which made our time in Albuquerque so very enjoyable. A very nice hotel and we had a great comfortable stay. Certain to go back again when in the area.

Room Tip: Great view from top floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I like staying at Hyatt Places. I am very picky about accommodations, but they consistently come through. I like not being nickel and dimed. I like free wifi, a small refrigerator, free parking, space, ice close by, and free coffee/light breakfast in the morning. The beds are comfortable and the staff pleasant. This one was no different. This location is great and is so close to so many places I like, I didn't even have to leave the surrounding area. I would have given it 5 stars, because it most likely deserved it, but for the long black hair in the shower. Totally grossed me out. Otherwise, it was clean, but housekeeping closely scrutinizing the bathroom area is a must.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank familyfour65
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This looks like every Hyatt Place you have ever stayed. Same comfortable bed, same noisy refrigerator, same great television. When we arrived the evening staff were terrific. Nice, friendly, helpful. The next evening, I went to have a glass of wine and the staff person was obviously overworked and overwhelmed. I exercised patience and didn't complain that she never asked if I wanted another drink. BUT, when we got up early to leave the hotel, the staff was downright RUDE. They ignored us until we refused to move from in front of them, they acted as if asking a question was a great intrusion on them, and they couldn't care less that breakfast was late. This Hyatt has lost a customer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed 2 nights on business at the Hyatt Place Uptown in Albuquerque. The room was very clean and the bed quite comfortable, although one of my coworker commented the bed in her room not so. I really liked the clean and simple decor of the room. The staff was genuinely warm and welcoming. The breakfast buffet is quite relaxed and offers a nice variety of choices. I think what I liked most was the location which is within walking distance to a mall, shopping, dining, banks, etc. I will definitely stay again when visiting Albuquerque.

Room Tip: I had a room near the elevator and it was amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business