“Not a Bad Hotel”

Best Western Plus Executive Suites
Ranked #12 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The hotel is old and needs to be refreshed. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was really good. The rooms had an odor to it. I would not stay here again, only because it is very outdated.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 3, 2010

Stayed here 2 nights over a weekend. Found a very nice and comfortable
suite, helpful staff and good breakfast. Although the property borders on
freeway, I heard no traffic noise. The room and hotel in general were kept
up well, and very clean. Did not have a car, so cannot comment on
break-ins, but I did leave the hotel both evenings by foot, returning quite late
and saw nothing threatening. Both fitness center and pool were closed
for repairs while I was there so cannot comment on those..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here on a coupon from a roomsaver guide. We used the laundry facilities,which were clean and convenient. The pool was huge. I wasn't impressed with the breakfast at all.Just not much variety. Overall it served its purpose we slept fine and enjoyed The Outback Steakhouse up the road.The kids really liked the pool.You can pick up a roomsaver guide at rest areas mcdonalds burger king dennys etc...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
manager4u, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The pool is definitely something that draws alot of people to our location. We have done a complete remodel on our lobby and breakfast area as well as added many new items to our breakfast. This has given our guests many more options to chose from. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Brad Merrill, GM

Reviewed February 8, 2010

I checked into this hotel about 10:30pm with my daughter and two small grandchildren at about 10pm. Because we were carrying 2 babies, diaper bags, baby food, etc., we left other things in the car like luggage, computers, etc. The room was fine, but, the next morning we went out and the car window had been smashed in and all of our belongings taken including clothes and computers, etc, even a baby monitor. We had a lot of things including a U-Haul trailer because we were moving to Colorado. The hotel advertises video surveillance, so we thought that was good, but the police could not find any cameras, and the hotel could not produce any video tape. The hotel manager seemed to want to help, but when the claim was submitted to their insurance company, they refused to pay. So, I had to submit the claim on my insurance. Everyone I have spoken to, from Arizona to Colorado says the hotels in this area have a very high rate of crime and neither the hotels nor the Albuquerque District Attorney do much to stop it. So stay away from this hotel and this area!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

We certainly are sorry this happened . There was a problem throughout all areas and hotels in Albuquerque during this particular time. We are located in a good part of town and this not something that happens often at all. These types of problems have slowed down dramatically lately, as a result of some arrests and additional patrols by our police department. We have also added additional security cameras on the outside of our building to help deter this type of activity. We would hope to have another opportunity to earn your business.

Brad Merrill, GM

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I always stay at this hotel and believe me the rooms are great, they're very spacious and comfortable, and plus all staff is very nice and helpfull.. i will recommend the Best Western Executive Suites in Albuquerque to everyone

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Best Service ever received while traveling. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We have stayed here a few times before when the price is right as the Jacuzzi suite rooms are very nice for a relaxing weekend. In the past the experience has been very good. We had some problems with our reservations, as in making them two weeks earlier but no record being at the hotel. While trying to straighten out the problem at the location I had a very interesting insider revelation to how Best Western online reservations work. It seams that when you make a reservation with Best Western online your reservation is printed and FAXED to the location. It turned out that my reservation was in the national system (I received an e-mail the morning of my arrival day ‘looking forward to my visit’ from Best Western) but the fax was lost, either by the local hotel or by the national reservation system. The assistant GM of this location told me that they have had problems in the past with the fax being busy and the central reservation system forgetting to try to resend it.

Reservation problems aside the stay we had was good, but there were still a few problems. There were some cleanliness issues in the bathroom that never was taken care of but it was not that big of deal and the room was discounted because housekeeping overlooked it. Other then that the room showed signs of starting to get run down. There were little things like the grout in the tub area needing to be redone, some of the fixtures were loose, the screen on the window was torn open, and the shower head was ‘fixed’ using electrical tape. I hope that the room we were in had recently hosted a wild party or something and it was not the normal for the other rooms. I can say that when we have stayed here before we did not have anywhere near these problems.

Even with the problems we had this trip I will probably stay here again if I get the room for a decently inexpensive price but I would not go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple