“Best Suite ever”

Best Western Plus Executive Suites
Ranked #12 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed here Dec 2013 and it was our first time at a Best Western Plus Executive Suite. The bar was set very high by starting out at this location. The Presidential Jacuzzi two room suite was more than we expected for the price. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent location for Air Force families. Easy to find and great parking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy L
Brad M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Best Western Plus Executive Suites. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was a great one. The Jacuzzi rooms are beautiful i agree, and i am happy you got to experience one of them. We would love to have you as a guest once again
please feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Brad

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at this centrally located hotel in July 2014 for 5 days. The 2 bedroom suites are awesome. I had to work in the hotel room for most of the day while the family went off to enjoy Albuquerque or the pool. Adjacent office/living room suite was convenient for me to work, plus for a change of scenery I worked in their small business center as well as in the breakfast area once it had cleared out (for a view of the beautiful mountains while I worked). Great place to stay, friendly staff, fun pool. Ideal for work and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank christinev649

Thank you so much for staying with us, I hope you got to experience some of Albuquerque with your family during your visit to New Mexico. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you for you business needs. I hope to see you on your next visit to Albuquerque. If there is anything that i can do for you please feel free to contact me.

Brad

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed 1 night while driving out west. Receptionist was very kind and helpful. Beds were very comfortable and room was extremely spacious & quiet. Breakfast was very good. Nexus café & bar was within walking distance and had very good food. Would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Whitney S
Brad M, Sales Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on Trip advisor, I will be sure to let my staff know that they are doing a fantastic job. Our number one goal at the Best Western Plus Executive Suites is giving the best customer service to our guest, and by your review it looks like we met that goal. I am delighted to hear you will be returning in the future, If you should have any questions or special request please feel free to contact me. We will see you very soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel was hard to find, GPS or AAA could not find ir, and the hotel directions were not much better. From the south turn right on Montgomery then left on pan American, hotel on right the sign will say dead end but you will get to hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerreewing

Thank you for leaving your review on trip advisor, our hotel is a bit tricky to get too, but we wanted a location that was great for the on and off access to the freeway, I appreciate that you left directions for other guest on your review and I will look more into seeing if I can list better directions. I however do hope other than the directions your stay was great. I hope you will come visit us again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We once again made a decision about where to stay based on other reviews from TripAdvisor. I want to add my opinion. I only rated it "average" because there are some drawbacks. If you get lucky and land the right room it could be a "very good" place to stay. This point is too important to put in the "tips" area - so it's right here in the main part of the review.

Like other reviewers have said, it is accessible to restaurants, etc. and the parking lot is well lit but I would leave it empty over night in the areas that are visible to anyone passing by.

That being said - here goes:

If you stay on the west side of the hotel you're going to be Very Close to The I-25 freeway - 24/7 trucks, etc. You may think that one's going to drive right through your room! So, unless you can sleep through an earthquake I would Highly Recommend asking for a room on the east side - as far back as possible.

Someone else talked about the chlorine smell from the indoor pool. We walked right by it several times and I never noticed - but it's on the west side of the hotel. Thus, if you get a room on the east side you won't need to even think about this little detail.

So, that's my advice on selecting a room. If you're not so lucky - and we weren't - here's what you can do. There's hopefully HVAC fans in all of the rooms - between the sitting area and the bedroom area. We turned that on and ran it all night. We also had the air conditioner set at a cool temperature and that came on and off all night. The nice thing was that with the HVAC fan on, it helped drown out the other noises. Yes, I did hear a lot of freeway noise, but I told myself to concentrate on the fans and once I got to sleep I slept all night. So -good luck!

Just as we were trying to go to sleep the smoke detector battery died so the detector started making that annoying chirping sound. When I called the front desk, the only advice we got from the person there (Miss Cranky) was to stand on a chair and take out the battery. My husband refused to stand on the only chair in the room, which happened to have wheels on it - a fall waiting to happen! We pushed the nightstand over to the place where the detector was -about 2 feet away and he took the battery out. Whew!

Other than that, the rooms aren't too bad. We did like the two separate areas in the room - a sitting area and a bedroom area. The beds are actually really nice and the bedding is, too. The bathroom had nice marble floors and there were extra amenities that you don't find in most other hotels - a shoe shine towel, for instance. It's an older hotel, but they keep it up well. We didn't hear noise on either side of our room. We did hear noise above us, though; so you may want a top floor room to eliminate that noise.

Breakfast was complimentary and it was good. There is plenty of room to eat, which is nice. The day we were there, the specialty was fresh scrambled eggs and sausage. There's the other usual items - waffles, cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast and juices and coffee.

When we came downstairs we were asked by 2 hotel employees how we fared. When we told them about the smoked detector problem they both apologized, which we appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lifeisverygood2
Brad M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am glad the staff was helpful during your stay and glad to hear you like the breakfast and enjoyed our 2 room suites. I am sorry to hear that you found it to be a bit noisy. I do hope you will stay with us in the future if you are traveling this way. Thank you.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great place to stay if sightseeing around the Albuquerque. Easy highway access. Close to Old Town, Tram, and airport. Large 2 room suites give you plenty of space. Very helpful staff,Book online for the best pricel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review, we enjoyed having you stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you got to experience all the beauty of Albuquerque. Come back and stay with us again! We will see you soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Best Western hotels keep a high standard, but few of them are remarkable. This hotel are nice, the rooms are large, the breakfast is above average, the shower is versatile and so on. The location makes it a wise choice to have an indoor pool, even if that feels less refreshing than the ordinary, outdoor swim. The air condition was on the noisy side, but the bed and pillows ensured a good sleep anyway. An ok stop on the road!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you were passing through Albuquerque, I’m delighted to hear that your stay with us at the Best Western Plus Executive Suites was a good one. We want our customers to have a great time with us all the way through the year, so we decided that the indoor pool would be a great idea. I will definitely pass the praise down to my staff for breakfast. I have already talked to my maintenance staff and they are in the process of fixing the A/C in the rooms to better accommodate our guest. Please Come back and visit us again.