“Nice People” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Butte, Montana
“Nice People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We just wanted to write in and say how nice everyone was. Roger, the manager was outside this morning brushing snow off of people windshields after the surprise snowstorm yesterday. And he was smiling and laughing. We really loved the fireplace in the breakfast room and all the little personal touches this hotel offers. You can tell it's a family run hotel by the way it's run.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our room was spacious, beds comfortable, check-in/out was perfect, desk clerk very sweet, but our room was in desperate need of carpet cleaning and repair. The carpet was badly stained (pet?) in several places, the in-room coffee is a terrible brand, the TV in our room didn't have a sleep timer, the "hot" water took 20 minutes to arrive (we had a second floor room on the south/east side) in the shower and it wasn't that hot when it did finally arrive. The bathroom's wall paper was peeling, bubbled, and had stains on it. The heating/cooling unit wouldn't work in fan mode so we were unable to get a constant flow of air. I complained about the carpet upon departure, the desk clerk was very polite and was thankful I said something. The breakfast was NOT what everyone has raved about with previous reviews here. The breakfast room only had one attendant, and she couldn't keep up with the demand for eggs and sausage (and doing everything else) which you can only get by asking the attendant if the attendant is around which she wasn't when we arrived to eat. She was visibly stressed. You only get one sausage patty and it’s microwaved and definitely not Jimmy Deans. I passed. The setup in the breakfast room is crowded and people were always in each other’s way. The swimming pool water was warm when we checked it, then when we went to go swim the next day it was cold.
Though comfortable, and we loved the spacious room, the hotel needs some badly needed room repair, at least in the room we were assigned. Our room was nice and quiet we never heard our neighbors in the adjoining rooms. Would I stay here again? Yes, I’d give the hotel another chance in hopes that maintenance has been improved and the breakfast situation is improved. They have a beautiful facility, and the indoor pool is large, just too cold to get into on our visit especially in the winter.

Room Tip: South/East side away from the freeway. If you don't want the sun beating down into your room al...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oakley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Love the large room, the location, the breakfast, and the service. They actually cook the eggs for you in their free breakfast room. Would definitely stay here again. Check in and out was so friendly and quick.

Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just wanted to tell your wonderful people how much we enjoyed your lovely motel. We couldn't believe that the girl actually cooked us fresh eggs with little green chili's in them.. Real Eggs! What a great touch. The indoor pool was nice and warm and was just what we needed to unwind after a long day of driving. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Grants, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had to make an unexpected trip to Albuquerque and called the Best Western. Maritza was very polite and booked me into a room close to the pool. When I arrived one of the Maintenance guys even helped me getting my bag out of the trunk. The evening girl printed directions for where I needed to go and was able to relax in the Jacuzzi before the busy day I had planned. Just thought I would write as it doesn't get much better than this.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the first floor close to the pool area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We are on the way to Albuquerque, I called the front desk to make the reservation. The front desk put me on hold for over 10 minutes. I have to hang up, and called back again, but I can never reach the front desk any more. Nobody picked up the phone. I called severay times, with no success. There is even no voice message. I have to book the hotel on my iphone. While in a hurry, I accidentally booked the next day instead of the same day. I called the front desk trying to change the time, still nobody picked up the phone. I then have to call the Best Western 1-800 number, but they say we have to contact the hotel directly, since they have a 24 hours cancellation policy, we have passed the cancellation time. We then have to drive to the hotel directly to change the time, with no certainty if they will change it or not. The rest of the process went through smoothly. While we reached the front desk, there was a representative there, and she helped us change the date. The room was OK. Since they run out of two queen beds room, they gave us a room with King bed and a double sofa bed. The kids were sleeping on the sofa, but there was no linen, no blanket, only one pillow for the sofa bed, we have to call the front desk. They sent over the blanket, but told us there is no pillow. The hot breakfast was good, but the area was very small, and the egg and sausage were not on the buffet line, you have to request, so there was a long line waiting for the egg ans sausage, which made the breakfast area even more crowded. The most recommended is the swimming pool, my daughter had a very good time in the pool, and I enjoyed the spa at the same time. It had a sausa room, but it was not heated up, I don't know why.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank June L
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to this hotel for several years. This time we were happy to see that they had done a remodel since our last visit. Fresh New carpet in the rooms. It appears all new beds and bedding. And the outside has been completely repainted with bright cheery colors. And yes the breakfast was excellent again. Kudos to the staff!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple