“Nice Remodel”

Best Western Plus Executive Suites
Ranked #12 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to this hotel for several years. This time we were happy to see that they had done a remodel since our last visit. Fresh New carpet in the rooms. It appears all new beds and bedding. And the outside has been completely repainted with bright cheery colors. And yes the breakfast was excellent again. Kudos to the staff!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy V
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Executive Suites

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Sunday I went to the desk I had a backed up toilete in my room and needed some directions I waited at the lobby for 20 some minutes. No one was there then I went outside to smoke a cigarette and saw the front desk clerk drive up aperantly went to lunch and left the desk unstaffed . I do not know if this is a habit or normal the guy didn't eaven apolagise to me. Very rude. And he said he was the manager! I was a regular but I don't think I'll be back to pay over $100. For no service is ridiculous!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian m
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hot tub was broken and the pool was cold. The pool and hot tub were the main reasons for picking this hotel over others in the area. Will not return because of that. Rooms were very noisy too. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Roger N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank You for your recent review. Our pool maintains a year round temperature of 80' -84' and we have had no other reports that it was cold. Our Spa did have an unforseen maintenance issue and we weren't able to get the necessary part until the following morning. We had it repaired by 11am... I am sorry this happened on the one day you were here with your family and we hope you come see us again on your next trip to albuquerque....

Roger Nation - General Manager

Reviewed December 31, 2012

i was passing thru Albuquerque on business and happened to stay at the Best Western. Geez, the room was reaal big with a seperate bedroom and a big flat screen TV. The next morning they served fresh eggs with green chili's and waffles. It had snowed the night before and the guys were out bright and early shoveling sidewalks and putting down kitty litter to keep the sidewalks from being slick. they even helped me wipe my windshield because I had no gloves. Super impressed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in our way to Taos.
I always look for a Comfort Suites, but this time I chose BW instead because of tripadvisor reviews.

Large rooms. I needed two queens and a pull over sofa. It is great to have it in a separate area with a door.

Good indoor pool, and decent complimentary breakfast buffet.

Renovated rooms and lobby from maybe 10 years ago.

I would stay here on my way back.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm a very experienced business traveler who doesn't ask much of hotels other than a clean room where everything works. This hotel falls far short and it irks me that they have a large poster in their lobby encouraging guest to give them a 5-star Trip Advisor rating.

I arrived late and was met by an extremely cheerful front desk gal named Alexis. As it turns out she was the main reason I'm writing this review.

My first room had a wall heater that looked like it had been beaten to death. When the room was still freezing cold after 15 mins. with the heater on High, Alexis came to my rescue with new room keys and helped me relocate.

When the TV in the second room wouldn't work Alexis came up to the room to try to fix it. Although she couldn't get it to work, her willingness to be helpful more than made up for the inconvenience of a TV remote that wouldn't work. Alexis took the remote and said a new one would be in the room the following day. During my entire stay the remote was never replaced and the TV was never fixed.

Just past midnight I turned the light on in the bathroom. The bathroom fan sounded like it was going to fall through the ceiling. In addition the bathroom door is so large you cannot get to the bed with the door open. If you want to pass from the bedroom to the living area you have to close the bathroom door to get by. (see photo)

Little details such as a screw sticking out of the desk are the kinds of things that a housekeeping staff should have caught during my 2 day stay. (see photo)

Of much concern to me was the filthy condition of the smoke detector and fire sprinkler. I took photos and have attached them here. They speak for themselves.

Both mornings there was never anyone at the front desk. I waited several mins. on the first morning and had to go find someone the second morning in order to check out. This affected by rating for service at the hotel and Alexis is the only reason I'm rating it as average.

This is obviously an older hotel that has been re-purposed. You might be able to find better hotels for the same money, but I doubt you'll find anyone more helpful than Alexis.
A room facing the Sandia mountains is a nice option if you choose to stay here just check to make sure the room is acceptable before you unpack. Alexis adjusted my room rate down to $69 per night but even at that price it was not worth the inconveniences in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business