“RUDE manager”

Best Western Plus Executive Suites
Ranked #13 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

No major complaints. I went down for the daily included "hot breakfast" which consists of sausage and pre made scrambled eggs. I toasted bread to make a scrambled egg sandwich. As I took a bite, I found a dark colored hair in my eggs. I threw my food away, as I personally thought it was gross! I might also add, the woman preparing the eggs wasnt wearing gloves or a hair net. I went to the front desk to ask if there was a resturant near by, and I calmly memtioned the hair ordeal and how it truthfully grossed me out. This jerk in return says, in a tone that wasnt plesant, "Your grossed out over a hair?" Like I was crazy! I asked him if HE would eat eggs with someones dirty hair in it. He replied, "Yes, I would just pick it out." I got no appology. He was, in a round about way, telling to pick out this nasty womans hair and just eat the food! I was shocked at his tone! He was actually mad at me! He then walked away from me and ignored me! A desk clerk witnessed
The entire incident and later admitted (as I was checking out.a day early!) That she agreed with me that her manager handled the whole thing wrong. I can move pass the whole hair thing, it's the way this jerk handled the situation is what I can't get passed.

• Stayed: October 2012
ksun1999, Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Executive Suites. One of the top features we offer all our guests is a cooked to order hot breakfast. Since its inception in 1999, we have never had a guest with an experience such as the one you write about and we are sorry that you encountered it. Equally, we can appreciate your perception of how management handled your undue experience. Ms. Arellano, we are fortunate to receive hundreds of positive surveys on different social review sites which consistently rank us in the top 8 to 10 percent of area lodging establishments. Management is committed to on-going high standards training and satisfying every guest and it is concerning when we do not achieve that end.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I accidentally left our very expensive camera in the hotel room on October 3, 2012. When we reached Colorado Springs, I realized it was missing. A quick phone call to the hotel resulted in my discovery that it had been "turned-in" by Rosemary who is the Head of Housekeeping. I want to thank the specific housekeeper for her honesty and for doing the "right thing". I was comforted in knowing my camera would be kept in a safe place and would be waiting for us when we returned to Albuquerque on Sunday Oct 7, 2012.

My heartfelt thanks to the hotel staff for turning our forgetfulness (in leaving the camera in the first place) a positive outcome.

Room Tip: Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The extra bonus of a microwave and refrigerator was a p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ksun1999, Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Marianne:

Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate the honesty of our staff every day. We are glad that everything worked out for your. I will share your great comments with my room attendants. Thank you, again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had our window broken in a smash and grab in front of the rear door in full view of the surveillance camera. Pan American off Montgomery. The attitude of the hotel manager and Best Western in general has been "it sucks being you".

Balloon Fiesta starts soon, make sure if you're traveling from A - W bag this place.

Spend your hard-earned bread elsewhere.

Room Tip: This place sucks if you are concerned with the safety of your property and family!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mine-Aggies:

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for your incovenience. We are very sorry for all your troubles. We value our customers safety and security. We have recently upgraded our security system to provide better safety for our customers.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We chose this hotel because of Trip Advisor comments and we were not disappointed. The look is colorful, the suites are comfortable and the service is very good. Convenient to I-25 and all local attractions. The staff is upbeat, friendly and willing to make your stay a delight. The full breakfast and other amenties are great. A good value overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting Albuquerque on our USA holiday. What a great place. We were booked in quite quickly, and were given rooms on the 3rd floor. When we were going along the corridor, it was like going along a little street. All the windows into the corridor had net curtains at them. When we went into the room it surprised us, because you walked into a sitting room, with a sofa, writing table,office chair, coffee table, large flatscreen tv, fridge and microwave, and three lamps. You passed through that room into the bedroom, which was light and airy, with a king size bed, another large tv, lovely furniture, alarm clock, in fact everything you would need for a nice stay. The bathroom just had a bath/shower and the wc, the washbasin and vanity unit was in between the two rooms, just outside of the bathroom.
Everywhere was very clean, and although we were staying for 3 nights, the sheets were changed everyday. It was a very quiet room, considering there were quite a lot of guests staying.The dining room could have been a little bigger, as it was a bit crowded at breakfast, but I suppose we may have picked a busy time to go down. The hot breakfast was very good, with the girl cooking eggs, scrambled or fried, to order. The male check in clerk was very helpful, letting us into the business room to use the computer(for free) to find out times and directions for different places we wanted to visit. We used the pool and hot tub, and they were lovely. We were the only people in there.
We were a little worried before we went, as the hotel is on the frontage road, and right next to the I 25, but we heard no real noise at all, only the occasional police car. It is a little difficult finding the way into the hotel for the first time, but we managed.
I would certainly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Prycey64:

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will share this with all my staff. WE will continue to strive to provide the same excellent service and comfort. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Albuquerque

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The outside of this Best Western is very southwestern and modern. However, once we took teh elevator up to our floor and started walking down the hall, we were surprised to find "windows" into each room. Our only conclusion is that at one time this building had outdoor cooridors and has since been remodeled? It was a little weird having a large window to the hallway from our room. It took some work to make sure there wasn't a crack in the drapes allowing people to see in. There was still some remodeling going on of the rooms as there was lots of furniture in the hallways and guys working, although it was all put away and quiet when we returned from dinner. The breakfast area is small, but we were there at 6AM, so finding a table wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ksun1999, Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Lahord59:

Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of remodeling our hotel. We are a fairly new hotel and the windows were installed when the hotel was constructed to abide by the code for the living room in the rooms.
We are remodeling our hotel to take care of our customer needs and to provide best possible stay for our customers and we hope to have it complete this week.
Thank you, again and we hope you will consider staying with us again during your next trip to Albuquerque,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were on drive back home and decided to stay in Albuquerque. The hotel is located of I-25 and very convenient. The rooms are great, clean and spacious. The breakfast was wonderful. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family