“Perfect location for horse show exhibitors” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #78 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Perfect location for horse show exhibitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Found this facility while looking for a place to stay while showing horses at the New Mexico State Fairgrounds. I was very pleased with it. Upstairs room was quiet, neat and clean. Very functional. Due to show schedule we didn't partake in breakfast, other than to grab a cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter than downstairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sajni, Guest Relations Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us!
We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

All other hotels were booked solid! Last resort. Room was a polished turd and very dated. I have always had a fear of bed bugs. Laying in bed I thought I would look at the hotel reviews. (Should of before I checked
in) ..This is after finding a hair under my covers and seeing blood trails on the ceiling. Was there 20 min and would not refund money. Would not refer this to my worst enemy!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sajni, Guest Relations Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience and feedback. I'm sorry that your accommodations did not meet your expectations and that you ended up leaving, dissatisfied. On that note, your feedback is very helpful to us in our efforts to continuously improve upon our service and amenities. We hope you'll give us the opportunity in the future to show you how we have improved through feedback from our valued guests.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for no more then two hours and left because it was a pit hole. I had my kids with me and we went into the room to hear the people in the next room having loud sex. I thought by turning up the tv all the way would help and that it would end soon. But no it was so loud, rude and disgusting it went on the whole two hours. The room was creepy, unkept, and smelly. I did not want my kids to touch anything or even lay on the old stained bed. I went to the front desk and told the manager Don what was wrong and he just laughed and said no refunds. He was very creepy and nasty himself. I am so glad i left, this place allows prostitution and is known for bed bugs. So don't waist your money and stay in a disgusting place like this!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Albqgirl22
Vine Grove, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We ended up at this hotel because every single one that we stopped at were full. I asked why and they all said that most hotels fill up on the weekends in Albuquerque during the summer. We were over-tired and had a late start so we were just stopping and asking if there were any rooms. This one had two rooms available. (We were traveling with family) The guy at the desk was nice, and got us checked in pretty quickly. Instead of your usual key card, this was a black plastic key that you put into the door. We were charged a $5 deposit on them and got our money back when we returned the key. The rooms weren't dirty, but the hotel is obvioulsy older. It reminded me of a hotel that would be in a murder movie. The air conditioner in the room worked great, but I couldn't figure out how to keep the fan going constantly because when the fan went off you could hear a pin drop. The beds weren't super comfy, but it was definately a bed to sleep in. The comforters were very dated and had cigarette burns in them even though we were in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

You get what you pay for. I have had a week's stay here once a year for five years - I come to Albuquerque to visit my son. It is quiet, clean and reasonable size. The refrigerator works, though the temperature control is missing and everything freezes. There is a microwave. Breakfast is bagels, donuts or toast. The TV works and is cable, but no movies on demand. I have had no major problems. What few problems I have had were promptly and pleasantly taken care of. The Owl Cafe is across the street and down the block a bit, and is a great place for a big breakfast. If you want fancier, you will pay for it. Bottom line is I always sleep well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Albuquerque,NM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel is grubby, unkempt and smelly. The woman who was at the desk when we went there was surly and unpleasant. Spend a bit more to stay at a cleaner friendlier property.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
clovis,n.m
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

stayed here for one night room was average good location

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family