“Disgusting”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #79 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Disgusting”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for no more then two hours and left because it was a pit hole. I had my kids with me and we went into the room to hear the people in the next room having loud sex. I thought by turning up the tv all the way would help and that it would end soon. But no it was so loud, rude and disgusting it went on the whole two hours. The room was creepy, unkept, and smelly. I did not want my kids to touch anything or even lay on the old stained bed. I went to the front desk and told the manager Don what was wrong and he just laughed and said no refunds. He was very creepy and nasty himself. I am so glad i left, this place allows prostitution and is known for bed bugs. So don't waist your money and stay in a disgusting place like this!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Albqgirl22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vine Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We ended up at this hotel because every single one that we stopped at were full. I asked why and they all said that most hotels fill up on the weekends in Albuquerque during the summer. We were over-tired and had a late start so we were just stopping and asking if there were any rooms. This one had two rooms available. (We were traveling with family) The guy at the desk was nice, and got us checked in pretty quickly. Instead of your usual key card, this was a black plastic key that you put into the door. We were charged a $5 deposit on them and got our money back when we returned the key. The rooms weren't dirty, but the hotel is obvioulsy older. It reminded me of a hotel that would be in a murder movie. The air conditioner in the room worked great, but I couldn't figure out how to keep the fan going constantly because when the fan went off you could hear a pin drop. The beds weren't super comfy, but it was definately a bed to sleep in. The comforters were very dated and had cigarette burns in them even though we were in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
Reviewed March 10, 2012

You get what you pay for. I have had a week's stay here once a year for five years - I come to Albuquerque to visit my son. It is quiet, clean and reasonable size. The refrigerator works, though the temperature control is missing and everything freezes. There is a microwave. Breakfast is bagels, donuts or toast. The TV works and is cable, but no movies on demand. I have had no major problems. What few problems I have had were promptly and pleasantly taken care of. The Owl Cafe is across the street and down the block a bit, and is a great place for a big breakfast. If you want fancier, you will pay for it. Bottom line is I always sleep well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Albuquerque,NM
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel is grubby, unkempt and smelly. The woman who was at the desk when we went there was surly and unpleasant. Spend a bit more to stay at a cleaner friendlier property.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
clovis,n.m
Reviewed September 28, 2011

stayed here for one night room was average good location

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Socorro, NM
Reviewed June 12, 2010

There are an awful lot of negative reviews of this hotel and I thought I should remove the fear factor for your budget traveler who would like a room for two for $50.
My son and I stayed one night in a 2 Queen room because we had to be in Albuquerque bright and early the next morning. Because of all the negative reviews, we looked at our room before registering. It was clean enough, the A/C and heat worked, the fridge worked and the plumbing worked. What else do you need? After sleeping on the beds I'd have to say they were too darn soft ... mattresses probably too old. Nonetheless, I really didn't want to spend $70 for 2 at the Quality Inn (which folks don't seem to like too much either) and certainly not $100 at the Holiday Inn Express. The desk staff was fine. They checked me in pleasantly and took my key in the morning. What else do I need? Everything was fine. I agree that if you are looking for a pleasant holiday or a romantic getaway, this isn't the place. If you need an adequate night's sleep and money counts, this hotel is fine.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
farmington
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The rooms needed more attention to cleaning, especially the rugs. When I arrived at the free breakfast (cont.), I just turned around and walked back to the room. You can hear the plumbing from all directions, and had found hair on the shower walls.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple