“A beautiful hotel. Very clean and modern”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“A beautiful hotel. Very clean and modern”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

This was a one-night stay for me on the way from Phoenix back to the east coast. I had stayed at a property across the street (comfort inn) a month earlier on the way to AZ and didn't like it much. I noticed this La Quinta Inn and made reservations for the return trip. The La Quinta is very modern, well-appointed, clean, and quiet. The Staff is very professional and friendly. There's plenty of parking in case you're pulling a trailer (as I was) or an RV. The carpets, furniture, and appliances are all very new and in good working order. They offer a nice complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. I'll definitely stay here again on the next trip. There is an all-you-can eat buffet restaurant (Furr's) within walking distance at the end of the street. Good value for the money.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I stayed here on a 4 day weekend to Albuquerque. It was easy to get to from the airport (I had a rental car) and convenient to the highway for all my planned roadtrips. The room I had was clean, but overlooked the highway and thus was pretty noisy. Although one morning I woke up and I could see hot air balloons on the Rio Grande tour. It was very pretty. I would try to get a room on the other side next time to see if it was quieter or bring ear plugs. The room was very big, but there was no mini fridge! It was cool at night so I didn't use the pool, but it seemed nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Great!!! Value!! This is truly a good hotel for the price. The service was friendly, helpful, courteous, and efficient. I had car trouble and the staff allowed my family to stay in the room while I was at the auto repair shop most of the day. They were kind enough to accommodate us with an extremely late check-out. The breakfast was delicious and would satisfy any MAN size hunger. (Hot waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, fruit juices, cereal, toast, and more…..) The only thing I can say negative is that some hardware repairs are needed in the room; TV needs to be upgraded, and add a refrigerator and microwave. However, I was only passing through. You can’t beat the Value!!!! Stay here and save yourself money on the room and breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Everything from the unresponsive front desk attendant to the candies swept underneath my bed from the previous guests stay (which my service dog found all night). Oh, and the fact that they did not have my reservation which I made a month before, and confirmed the night before my stay.

Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobertP7
Climax Springs, Missouri
Reviewed December 8, 2009

From the beginning there was a strong cleaner odor in the room. We opened the window and aired it out. It was a large room comfy bed but the alarm clocks time was wrong. Not happy with the phones, had trouble getting them to work at times. The fridg was not cooling properly which we didn't discover until it was too late. We lost half a large pizza that we had for dinner and had planned to have for lunch the next day. Breakfast was the typical La Quinta breakfast.. On our way out in the morning we were able to notify the Manager of the fridg problems. It is a health issue. She refunded some of our room charge. I hope they fixed the problems.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Riverside, CA
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We got an excellent rate prebooked online of $48 including tax. The lobby was very nice. The clerk suggested Marisco's, a nearby Mexican restaurant, for dinner. The food there was good and the prices reasonable. Our hotel room was roomy and clean with pleasant decor. The lighting was good and there was a mirror outside the bathroom for putting on makeup. Our room faced the interstate and we did hear some noise, but it didn't keep us awake. The heater also makes some noise. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The shower head was good and we had plenty of hot water, but the towels were thin. Breakfast was pretty good, including a waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, and the usual carbs. We were happy with our room, but our daughter who stayed in a pet room complained of mold in the shower and thin bedding. Perhaps the standards are lower for pet rooms.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 17, 2009

When I read about this motel in reviews, I was a bit hesitant. The price was so reasonable I feared we would "get what we paid for." We were delightfully surprised. The staff were gracious and welcoming. Fifteen minutes after we checked in someone at the front desk called to ask whether our room was okay. The room was spacious, clean, and well maintained. Common areas were also quite pleasant and inviting. The location was very convenient, right off of I-40. The continental breakfast was modest with muffins, cereal, waffles, orange juice, coffee, and bagels, but filling and tasty. We were pleasantly surprised by full size bath towels and decent sized bars of soap, along with the requisite shampoo. Our only real complaint was that wireless Internet access was intermittent and there was a strong disinfectant odor in the room. We would happily return when we are again in Albuquerque.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family