“Alright place”

Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Alright place”
Reviewed May 24, 2006

The hotel was easy to find. Elevator was slow! Basically everything you would need or expect to find there. No fridge or microwave in the double bed rooms, so if you want that, you'll have to book a king room. Exercise room didn't have anything to wipe down equipment with, but they usually never do. I asked a maid to give me something and she happily obliged. Overall, it's a nice place and I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank rpancakes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
California
Reviewed November 15, 2005

I wasn't expecting much from an average priced hotel but it was better than expected! Nice and clean. Hotel staff was very friendly. Rooms were great.

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank grin213
Indian Shores, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2005

We stayed here for 4 nights in September, family of 3 with a 6 year old. We are so very pleased with the hotel, quite surprised. We only paid $55/night on Expedia. The room was quite large, with a full desk, 25" TV with plenty of cable including HBO, a foyer in the room, plus a decent sized bath. The size of the room alone made it more comfortable and relaxing. For this price, I did not expect to have the "extra" things you usually get at a 3-4 star, but we enjoyed coffee in the room, iron and hairdryer in room, pool and jacuzzi with towels available downstairs, convenient location of the elevator and plenty of luggage carts, clean rooms, hi speed internet in room plus wireless in the lobby, and very decent free breakfast (make your own waffles, boiled eggs, pastries, bagels and cream cheese, fruit, yogurt, cereals). The location is close to Old Town, about 5-10 minute drive and you don't have to take the interstate to get there, very convenient. We nearly paid more for a hotel in Old Town, but turns out it was close enough and parking is only $2 a day there. The hotels that were in Old Town turned out to be quite a walk, so we would have ended up driving anyhow.

Only drawback for us was that there was no restaurant or bar in the hotel. It's on a block with 5 other hotels, and none of them had hotel bars either. We had to drive to a convenience store (the one on the corner does not sell beer/wine). Also note that there is very heavy construction in this area right now (Sep 2005), occasionally the exit was closed which was a little inconvenient. If that bothers you, you may want to check to see if the construction is complete, it looks like they have a long way to go. It was convenient to be so close to the interstate to get around, and there were grocery stores and such nearby.

If you stay here, be sure to check out the Mexican seafood restaurant on the next block, Marisco's Altamar. Surprisingly delicious food, our best meal of the trip.

• Stayed September 2005
9 Thank jujudee
boynton beach, florida
Reviewed May 28, 2005

We stayed here while passing through and it's a very nice place. It seems pretty new. The bathroom was very nice and the room was clean.

The continental breakfast was good too. Most places don't have hard boiled eggs which was great since I don't like to eat white flour products.

The dogs had a place to walk across the street.

Upon checking out I started to take some things out to my truck ( I was on the 5th floor ) and sat out my container of dog food beside my door along with the dogs' beds.
When I came out of my room to make another haul my dog food was gone. The cleaning ladies ( there were two of them ) saw that I was looking for something and motioned that they had something behind this door. It was the dog food. That was pretty strange. I still can't figure out why they would take my dog food. It had only sat there for 5 mins.
Watch your stuff while here. You never know.

• Stayed May 2005