La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Older, not up to date. Everything was ok. Pool area was clean and good. Restaurant was clean and food was good. Decor was old, rooms were old and dated needs to be remodeled. But over all was an ok stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The customer service was very bad. We were there for a family reunion. Many in the group did not get the rate that we were promised -- by a former manager. We had the confirmation in writing about the rate for our room. We were not able to talk to a hotel manager for three days even after several requests! When we were finally able to speak to a manager, we were told that she had checked our reservation and that we were being charged the same rate as on our confirmation. It was only after we sent her a copy of our confirmation, that she indicated any willingness to adjust our rate. We were being truthful and honest with her during all of the earlier discussions, but she was completely unwilling to even consider our statements until she was confronted with the obvious fact that her records regarding our reservation had been inaccurate. Her attitude did not demonstrate a good approach in customer relations regarding guest complaints. We finally got our bill adjusted, but it took more of our time than it should have. Too pet friendly. Many dogs. I wonder how they can keep it clean after "accidents" ??

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Was never told that the hotel was "pet-friendly".... could not sleep "Dogs barking thru out the night" Should have a floor designated for PETS... My room smell as "dog-piss"....... When there are no rooms or floor designated as "pet-friendly" I could have been sleeping in a bed that was used by a "pet"... I do not believe that is RIGHT ! ! !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel was not up to par with the LaQuinta standard. Pool area was not kept clean. Odors in the room. Doors were not in good condition. Outside door would not work with key card. Ice machines only on first three floors.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I don't ever leave reviews but I feel like I should! I have stayed in 10 different hotels in the last 2 weeks. Over 5 different states, and this is by far the most dirty hotel of them all! And I stayed in some dives. But this one is so gross! I have been traveling for 12 hours with 4 kids since our last hotel. And there isn't much else available at this moment. Or I would be leaving now in the middle of the night! The tub/shower is filthy! The floor looks like it's been a month since it was vacuumed! There's dog hair and food and just piles of dust on the floor. The bathroom door is filthy! The coffee counter has food on it! The window is covered in dirty handprints. I'm so disappointed because I thought if I paid the higher price of this hotel I would be getting quality. I could of stayed down the block for 30.00. Instead I paid 90.00 to put my children in this filth!! I haven't called the front desk because it's 1am and I don't think they will do anything. I will address it with a manager tomorrow but I'm not expecting much. Also, this hotel has a certificate on their wall from tripadvisor in winning 4 stars this year from customer reviews! I can't imagine that the rest of their guests are ok with these conditions! Don't stay here! Pick one of the other hotels on this block!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stay at La Quinta's pretty often and this property is less than average. We stayed there to spend a few days enjoying ABQ. Yes it is pet friendly. Yes there were quite a few pets. Yes there were stains and animal hair on the carpet. We were kept up by a barking dog and kudos to the desk personnel who came and talked to the owner. If traveling with pets is a must this may be a good choice but there are better places for those of us without.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have stayed here several times. When we arrived this time, we noticed the bathroom light was not functioning. We reported it to the front desk and nothing was done about it. The next day, we again reported it. The front desk clerk was apologetic. We were out most of the day and returned to find the light replaced and working. Our room had sort of been cleaned....fresh towels and trash emptied, but the beds weren't made. Lots of road noise from the interstate. Does allow pets.

Room Tip: Elevators are slow. Try for ground floor.