“GREAT STAY IN EVERY WAY !”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
Ranked #40 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was driving my elderly parents to Mesa for the Winter and we planned to stay in Albuquerque the night of 12/31/11. We hadn't made a reservation as the highway traffic that day had been minimal. We tried the Hampton Inn on the west side and found it full. When we arrived at LaQuinta, there was a long line in the lobby.

The young man behind the desk was working alone and it was his first day on the job. Customers in the lobby were anxious about getting rooms so there was a tenseness in the air. The young employee did an excellent job and I hope hotel management gives him some well deserved recognition.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the elevator on each floor tend to be noisy
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Garyedwbrown
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 20, 2011

If you are traveling on Interstate 40 this is a good place to rest. As all La Quinta's the place is clean, comfortable and the staff is efficient.
As all La Quinta's the place is smoke free and pet friendly and they have a free breakfast.
If you want to venture into town it is just a few minutes away by car.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelswithCosmo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 17, 2011

we had just left another hotel in the area due to well below-average conditions and the woman at this hotel took us under her wing. great room, excellent breakfast, and nice people allowed us to continue our trip in a wonderful mood!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris K
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The hotel stay was great. Room was clean, spacious and quiet, and dog friendly too. Staff was prompt, friendly and professional. We had a great night's sleep even with a five-month old baby and nine year old dog! I rated it as very good instead of excellent because of their breakfast. We stay at La Quinta Hotels religiously because we love that they are pet friendly and that they included breakfast, but this location served hard boiled eggs (does anyone actually eat those?!!) instead of scrambled and their other offerings were pretty much all carbs and sugar. It just was not what we were looking for before getting back in the car for a long drive. We opted for eating at an outside restaurant instead of their breakfast. Nevertheless, I would still highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I recived excellent service. Very frienly and professional staff.
I loved the set up of the room. It was really cozy and just made me feel at home. The bed was just so comfortable. I believe it was the best sleep I have had in a hotel.
The location is great and the amenities are awesome. I did not have my computer with me so the business center was really convienent for me. The continental breakfast had a lot of variety and the property is just beautiful and well kept.
I like the staff the best with their friendliness and accuracy upon check in. I cannot say there was anything that I did not like.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Relying on TripAdvisor to give me good guidance, I thought this time I was misled. It did not deserve to be ranked in the top 20 of 140+ hotels. Its age was showing (missing refrigerator with blank hole and unfinished construction, noisy a/c, fan, used blanket, slow elevator, etc) and it just didn't feel comfortable. It also did not seem like good value for the $90 paid. Staff seemed more interested in dealing with other business than taking care of customers. I'll try other hotels in the area before I return here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms face I-40.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business