“Not bad but expect more from Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not bad but expect more from Residence Inn”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The staff was very nice, especially Dean in the breakfast area. He went out of his way to get my wife and I chairs at a busy time. The room was nice enough, but loud. Since I-40 is only a few yards from the hotel, we asked for a room facing the other way. Unfortunately one of our windows faced south and we could still hear the freeway. The air conditioning system helped drown out the noise. The food at the "free breakfast" was so-so, with the eggs having a plastic texture and some kind of meat (ham perhaps) thinly sliced. We stuck to the yogurt and coffee. If you want a great breakfast, go to the Range Cafe close by. Oh, I forgot...the hot tub and pool were great - very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Las Vegas
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were very impressed with the staff and the property overall. Check in was quick and painless. The BBQ area and the pool looked very inviting. The room was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom was good sized and the shower was excellent. The bed was so comfortable that we woke very fresh the next morning. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We loved the fact that it was close to I-40 which bumped my review to a 5-star for that very reason. No freeway noise whatsoever.
The BBQ Restaurant, that was only steps away, hit the spot for dinner. A Police Station was also nearby. We felt very safe.

Thanks to the front desk staff member who helped direct our 24 foot moving truck out after being blocked in by two very dumb drivers on the street.

Thank you Residence Inn Albuquerque.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our family of five stayed in a penthouse suite (a bedroom, a loft, two bathrooms, and a living/kitchen area) for 4 nights and it was great. The room was in very good condition, we were able to cook our own meals, and the staff were very friendly. Clean pool and hot tub, and also a grassy area where the kids could run around. Price was very reasonable considering the amount of space.

Only thing that kept me from giving it five stars was the location right on the highway that was very noisy, and not in the greatest neighborhood. However, it was a quick drive to restaurants and attractions. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, though!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with small children, watch out for the loft rooms; our three year old could cli...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Located in East Albuquerque just off I-40, this Residence Inn appears to have once been condos. My daughter and I requested two queens and what we got was a 2-story condo with 2 master bedrooms, 2 master baths, full size kitchen and living room. The living room has a couch, chair, huge flat screen tv, fireplace, lamps, and a ceiling fan from the vaulted ceiling. The kitchen is equipped with everything but food with complementary coffee and popcorn. One bedroom is off of the living room and one bedroom is upstairs. The bedrooms each have a very comfortable queen sized bed, huge flat screen tv, dresser, bedside tables with electrical outlets for your smartphone, and full-size closet with ironing board and iron. The bathrooms each have a bath/shower combo, single-sink vanity with linens and real hairdryer. The décor in the whole condo is homey and refreshing. There is a small fitness room, an outdoor pool and hot tub area and laundry room all centrally located near the office. They offer a complimentary hot breakfast and an evening meal is served on certain evenings. Rudy's Meat Market and BBQ is within walking distance and a number of other restaurants are within a mile or two. There is a WalMart and Murphy's Gas just down the road within 1 mile. This is the best Residence Inn I have every had the pleasure of staying in.

Room Tip: I think any room would be excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Danita F
NM
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here one night enroute to the Albuquerque Sunport for an early Memorial Day flight. I'll be brief…Upon entering the room had a terrible odor that honestly smelled like animal waste. The carpeting was old/dirty. The room had dust dirt on the baseboards/doors.
The highway noise was terrible and the ceiling not well insulated as we heard every noise from the room above us.
Most annoying was BEING SOAKED BY THE OUTDOOR SPRINKLERS! No one answered the front desk phones at 5am when we called to ask if they could be turned off... Our clothing and luggage was soaked as there was no way to step around them.
We will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HttLan
412ChristopherH, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your candid review and want to begin by apologizing for such a terrible hotel experience. I assure you, that is not a normal occurrence at this property and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it up to you.

You mentioned the carpet looked old/dirty and that certainly is not our standard. We take cleanliness of carpets very seriously and I'm so sorry for this was not evident during your stay. I want my guests to feel comfortable so we employ a third party carpet cleaning company to clean the carpets at minimum of once per quarter, as well as anytime a pet has entered the room. Typically, the carpet in any given room is cleaned 6 - 10 times per year. In fact, we spent $26K+ in 2013 on carpet cleaning for just 112 rooms. The carpet is currently halfway through its 6 year life span and should continue to look new for years to come as we continue our cleaning program.

I completely understand the annoyance of sprinklers running while you're trying to transport your luggage. I would be equally upset if that happened to me and I'm very sorry. I appreciate the feedback because now we have fixed the problem for future guests. Sprinklers should not be running at 5am. With such a large property and so much grass, we have to water the lawns daily but the timers were supposed to be set for 2am. Thanks to your review, we identified the problem and now the timers have been adjusted appropriately.

I understand your unwillingness to return to the hotel and I don't blame you. I am confident that you would have an entirely better experience the next time, if you were willing to stay here again. Please contact me if there's anything I can do to regain your trust. Thank you for your time and I wish you safe travels.

Justin Coffman
central cove
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Late night Check in was seamless, warmly greeted by friendly front desk staff, acknowledged my Marriott status, gave us our amenity and most importantly showed us to our suite.
The room was very clean, the kitchen had all of the necessary stuff, the fridge had a very good ice maker. the mattress was new and firm, the sheets and bedding were very nice. The water pressure in the shower was amazing! Breakfast was better than expected, and there was always adequate seating, which amazed me considering all of the families staying for the holiday weekend. The pool was nice in the morning, weather didn't cooperate later in the day.
Overall location was very central to all of our activities and importantly within walking distance to a very impressive BBQ restaurant. Also, the room had central air conditioning not the typical rattle bang under the window nasty business that can't maintain temperature and keeps you up all night. The bath amenities good, but strangely missing a hand lotion. Great staff, good value, I will stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spudcatCentralCove
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Residence Inn on Prospect in Albuquerque is a good place to stay. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We basically needed a place to relax and sleep after a day out touring different areas in the Albuquerque area. Plenty of restaurants were nearby and easy on-off access to I-25 to go into Old Town or north to other places of interest.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reveiw. I look forward to serving you again in the future. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Justin Coffman