“Impressed by the service”

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #61 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had to spend a week at this hotel while our house was being remodeled. We found the room to be quite comfortable and well equipped with a kitchen and living room. They have a full breakfast buffet including hot dishes as well as regular breakfast foods and, surprisingly, they also serve a full dinner twice a week. The hotel is conveniently located right by the I-40 ramp and just a few miles of the I-25 intersection, making it easy to go pretty much anywhere in Albuquerque. What most impressed me, however, was the friendliness and dedication the staff demonstrated. Congratulations to the people who make the hotel be so welcoming. By the way, it is a pet-friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VMZee

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have stayed at this particular hotel several times while traveling from Oklahoma to California. We love it! The staff is super friendly, professional, and accommodating. It's great for families as it's a suite with one or two double beds and a pullout couch. The beds are very comfy. The kitchen is fully stocked with plates, silverware, pots and pans. It's also a pet friendly hotel. There's a nice breakfast included with eggs, potatoes, waffles, etc. The best part is - it's next door to Rudy's Bar B Q. We always arrive around dinner, buy beer from the convenience mart and pick up a huge order of ribs, brisket, and creamed corn from Rudy's to enjoy in the room.

I just have one small criticism / warning - if you go to the breakfast when everyone is there, there won't be any seats and some of the food will be gone. The potatoes, bacon, and coffee were out when we went to breakfast but could be that they were about to bring some more out.

All in all, we love this hotel and always make it a point to stay when we are passing through. It's right off of I 40. It's a great hotel for the price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank isapeza
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We selected the Residence Inn for a quick getaway. We brought our dogs with us for the trip. The layout of the property was quite nice, with a large area for the dogs. Although it was near major roadways - the room was still quiet. The staff were all friendly and attentive. The rooms are well maintained and the bed was comfy. Would recommend this property when visiting Albuquerque.

Room Tip: We prefer a room on the upper level to keep noise down from other guests.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mountainlizzie
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family and I stayed in the penthouse suite and were very impressed. There was a huge bedroom downstairs complete with a kitchen, dining room, and living room. Upstairs there was a bedroom, bathroom, and closet. The whole penthouse was incredibly clean and the room even smelled fresh. The kitchen came with dishes to. I would totally stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Querina V
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here on points and while this is the older style residence inn it very well renovated and the rooms are large and well maintained.

Returning from dinner I was walking barefooted and noticed the carpet near the HVAC door was wet. By morning this was a large area. Needing a coffee I informed the girl of this at the front desk. By the time I got to my room, less than two minutes later, the maintenance engineer was walking up the stairs. Turns out a pipe on the water heater was leaking. Talk about a fast response!

They moved me to another room and sent 5000 Marriott points to my account! Fantastic service!

The downside to this hotel is that it is next to I-40 so if you are bothered by truck noise, just turn on the fan. I slept very well both nights.

Happy to return!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ron L
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is a great property. Central location to everything one needs while traveling with easy access to major highways. Parking is close to the units. The size of the unit is cozy and the maintenance is very good for such an old property. Breakfast is ample, good wif-fi and housekeeping was quick when needed. Would prefer the self service laundry to be free. Bathrooms are average, but with lots of storage space for long term travelers. I got a great military rate, otherwise their weekly rates are cost prohibitive for me. I also stayed over a weekend which helped bring down the rate. Will definitely stay here again when I return to ABQ. I will always try to stay at a Marriott Residence when I can afford it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our last day before having to fly home we spent at this hotel. After having an enjoyable but exhausting time, this hotel was so relaxing. Breakfast and Dinner available, and fireplace in our room! Minutes from downtown Albuquerque and a couple of blocks away from the airport. We had a very early flight the next morning and we were able to roll out of bed and get to the airport in no time without even getting on the freeway! Excellent service, very clean and great location!

Room Tip: The king size rooms had a nice fireplace. Our friends had a "suite" that shared the livin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends