“Perfect for a Family, Better Than we Expected”

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #60 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was so impressed with this Residence Inn. When you are a family of five, it's hard to find a room to fit you all, so we tend to stay in suite hotels.

The room was really updated, well decorated, granite countertops, comfortable and accommodating.

The outdoor pool and hot tub were both open in late December and the pool was heated. We enjoyed swimming in December in New Mexico!

The price is right if you are on the road or just visiting Albuquerque (which, by the way, was also much better than I expected).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank coquiero
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Albuquerque

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff was very friendly, helpful, engaging, and accommodating throughout the stay. Breakfast was very good as well. Upon finding that our room with a kitchen didn't have an oven (tough to cook a small Thanksgiving dinner without an oven) -- they were kind enough to upgrade us to a slightly larger suite that did have an oven -- that's the good news. The bad news is that the property is tired (stained wallpaper, doors in rooms need painting, bathtubs were yellowed, etc.). The pool and spa were closed for the winter (would have been good to know when making the reservation vs. finding out at check-in), although we were able to use the pool/spa on a another Marriott property down the road. I'm also not a big fan of all of the rooms being "pet-friendly". If they want to allocate a few rooms for this purpose, that's great. But to know that the last person that used your room also had a big dog or two staying there kind of grossed me out. Probably explains a lot of the paint issues on the doors with dogs rubbing their noses/paws on the doors (not to mention what they might be rubbing on the carpets and/or the bedspreads!). Property is in an industrial area off of the freeway, and the area smelled heavily of gasoline when we first arrived (not sure why -- but to be fair, the smell did eventually dissipate). Other reviews mention issues with hearing guests walking around in rooms above -- my wife noticed this when we were in a downstairs room. The morning that we left, I awoke at 3:45 AM and took a shower (on the 3rd level of the structure) and immediately heard the phone ring -- the guests below had called the front desk with a noise complaint! It was just my wife and I walking around in our bare-feet and/or socks! Definitely won't stay there again -- will probably head to the Marriott Pyramid if we stay in a Marriott property in ABQ.

Room Tip: Stay in an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Don't be fooled by the Marriott name at this hotel.
If you stay downstairs you will not rest until the person upstairs has stopped pacing. The ceiling is poorly constructed and you can hear every footstep magnified-torture.
I requested to move upstairs early the following morning and dealt with a very sullen and hostile clerk who put me upstairs on the parking lot down at an isolated end of the building. It sounded like a fight was picking up out in the parking lot later that evening and I took my things and left the hotel that night.
I had asked from the first day and when I had previously made the reservation to put me upstairs but even though I arrived on the first day early to check in the clerk didn't spend a moment to see if there was an upstairs room.
When I checked out the clerk was very abrupt and they really don't seem to care at all about customer service. Stay away from this location.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel that is my tip.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TCBFU
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This property is off the main street and a little hard to find. The Location is quite, and close to inexpensive dining locations, and there is a Walmart very close by as well. I found the room to be spacious, with most of the comforts of home, there is a fireplace in the room but it requires you to bring a compressed log or purchase one on the property ($7 or $8) plus you would need to have or purchase matches. The room itself is a little dated but there is FREE internet and they have a flat screen TV. The kitchen has all the basic items one would need, the only disappointment was the sink water had a very strong bleach smell to it, so I was worried about using it for drinking water. The only other option is to bring your own water or purchase the over price water in the room ($2.68) I would stay here again, but will bring my own water and wood for the fire.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room (NO elevators)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is shabby and overpriced and offers poor service; will never stay at marriott again. The staff seemed disinterested and other guests there agreed with us when we asked what they thought. Not a good vibe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Niessa K, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear CindyLoohoooooo,

I'm very sorry you had such a disappointing experience at my hotel. Reviews like yours are a rare occurrence for this property as we are ranked in the top 10% of Albuquerque hotels on TripAdvisor. If I get a chance to make it up to you, I will. I would not want you to develop a negative opinion about Marriott properties from this one stay.
I see you stayed back in July 2012. During that time period, the hotel was operating with a temporary manager and although that's no excuse, I believe if you gave us another chance, you would be pleased with the service and quality of the rooms. The "vibe" you get as a guest is something I care deeply about. I began managing this property in September and since then, our guest satisfaction ratings have been some of the highest in our city and our brand.
I sincerely hope you give me the opportunity to serve you and change your impression of this hotel. Feel free to call me anytime.

Respectfully,

Justin Coffman

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn on Friday, October 19th. We were on a road trip and had our dog with us. This hotel is one of the few that take pets. The hotel was great, recently renovated, rooms are comfortable and modern. The lobby was also nice, although breakfast on Saturday was very crowded. Alot of people trying to eat at the same time. The ran out of food several times. The cook was very nice and thanked everyone for staying with them and being understanding while he fixed more. The good news is that it is all fresh made. The bad news is that they run out quickly.

The night we arrived there were several cops in the parking lot - soon realized they were staying there. Although late that night there were a few in the parking lot just hanging around. Made us a bit nervous to leave our car unattended or to take our dog out late night. Just seemed "off".

Staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean. We will stay again. I rated location down because of the police activity.

Room Tip: Away from highway
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here two nights for a business trip. The location was very convenient and the staff was excellent. While my room had plenty of space, it was clean, and had all the amenities, it is clearly ready for a modern renovation. This is particularly the case for the bathroom, where a heat lamp operated by a timer dial is still in use. Also, the pillows were not the best. The morning breakfast was good, though. Another very good note was the wireless internet connection, which I used each day--much better connection than many other places I've stayed. Overall, my stay was very good, especially considering the very reasonable price that was under $100 per night. I recommend this Residence Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business