“Great Visit”

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Based ourselves here for 11 nights to explore Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and attend the balloon festival. The balloon festival starts very early in the morning and this Residence Inn for the time period of the festival started at 4:30 in the morning for the breakfast buffet. This was sincerely appreciated as we could have breakfast before we hit the road to the festival and take a cofffee with us in the car. Also appreciated was when we returned from the balloon festival around 10:30 in the morning, our room was already made up. I think this Residence Inn knows how to handle the festival week.

Residence Inn close to a Super Walmart where we stopped to pick up 12 pack of Diet Pepsi for the week. Went one night to the Manager's Reception and they had hot dogs and hamburgers--nice!

Everyone very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Albuquerque

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stay in a lot of Residence Inn properties when we travel on business. On this trip we opted to stay at this property. There was a large contingent of visiting military on this visit so we were upgraded to a penthouse suite. The room was fantastic with a fireplace and loft bedroom, which we did not really need.

The entire staff at this property were all very friendly and engaging. We particularly enjoyed the manager's receptions. We did not need to bother going out to dinner after these well stocked and delicious events. This particular property did not have a liquor license, so no beer or wine was offered. They did have a nice selection of other beverages. We enjoyed the events outside in the nicely landscaped pool and patio area.

The complimentary high speed Internet was easy to connect and offered very good bandwidth. Enough to stream movies if you wished. There are a number of restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel as well as a Super Walmart just a quarter mile away.

Being adjacent to Interstate 40, we thought that it might be noisy in our room, but this was not the case at all. The room was very quiet and we slept quite well. It was a plus to have easy access to the highway, as the conference we were attending was downtown in the convention center and it took less than 10 minutes to get there, even during rush hour.

We have stayed in a number of properties in the Albuquerque area over the years, and this one will be a definite stay for future trips.

Room Tip: Great place to see the balloons lift off during the fiesta.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at several Residence Inn properties over the years and as my group consisted of two family couples plus a single, the suite configuration with the upstairs loft bedroom and pull-out sofa was an outstanding "fit" for our extended traveling family. We were most pleased with our stay as "home base" for Balloon Fiesta 2012.

Without delay, I must point out that the staff of this particular property was among the best and most responsive of any hotel I've stayed at. I received emails prior to my check-in with tips and advice for balloon fiesta. Marissa was very pleasant and helpful as we checked in after a long drive from several days in Durango CO. The following morning, Dean managed the breakfast buffet and was a wealth of information on the area and managing the Balloon fiesta experience. When weather (unacceptable wind speed) cancelled the first morning event, he stuck around to chat with EACH guest helping them make alternative sightseeing plans for the day. A tip of the hat as he quickly determined whether museums, shopping or outdoor adventure was appropriate for each guest and he had ideas/ suggestions for everyone. Thanks Dean!

I'm told that a staffmember named Randy is a Native American. He certainly was knowledgeable concerning Old Town and the area historic sites. As mentioned earlier, I was MOST impressed with the talent and responsiveness of this Residence Inn staff.

While afternoons relaxing by the pool were nice, I thought that the maintenance people could have kept the pool spotless. There was a deposit of dirt on the deep end (NOT filthy but noticeable) and I thought the hunter green cushions on the lounge chairs needed a good cleaning. Given the rooms, breakfast, lobby area, etc., this is my only negative comment and was not a grievous problem.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for any stay in Albuquerque; whether business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Our suite was building #7 which I think is a great choice. Adjacent to the pool and a short walk to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jrleonardfl
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here when we attented the state fair. It's very clean and most important the sheets were clean. I liked that I could cook a meal to save some money after the high prices at the fair. My kids swam in the pool while I cooked dinner. We will be coming here again next year.

1  Thank Monica S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I am a light sleeper and have requests on my Marriott rewards to improve sleep- however they were booked. I was expecting the worse being next to a highway, I was surprised at the noise level, I slept great. (great insulation). The room is very spacious (more than the usual RI) and some rooms have lofts. The best feature of this property is the staff from the manager to the property staff. They all greet you plus they ask if they can be of assistance. This feature makes this a great place- you feel welcomed. I met people that reported the same. I enjoyed the breakfast it had eggs, sausage, roasted potatoes (the real deal- not frozen) waffles and a Sunday paper. The room seemed newly remodeled, clean and had all the usual RI amenities. I will return.

1  Thank azinca
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I really loved it here but my only complaint was that the shower was not as clean as it should have been. The floor of the shower visibly needed to be scrubbed as well as the walls of the shower. Disappointing but everything else was so great and perfectly clean I was willing to over look it. The free breakfast and dinner were great, I was pleasantly surprised. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We took a long weekend trip to ABQ, and we chose this RI for our stay. Everything was as expected (we are Marriott Rewards members and have stayed at other RI properties.) The room was clean and updated, and our family of four was comfortable. The pool is outside, and even with the summer heat, it was cold in the evening. Breakfast each morning was plentiful, and it suited our needs. There was a bit of difference in the way some breakfast attendants treated the last 20-30 minutes of breakfast time- just make sure to get there before the specified breakfast time is over in case it is being put away early. This location allowed us to move around the city very well- we needed/wanted access to the ABQ Uptown shopping area, Kirtland AFB, Old Town, the ABQ Biopark area, etc. One suggestion before your arrive- make sure you really know where you are going. Our GPS sent us somewhere else down the road, and we ended up stubbling on to the property. It's not a big deal, but since we had just plugged in the address and not consulted a map before then, it gave us a bit of trouble.

Room Tip: This RI is near I-40, so ask for a room on the north side away from the highway. We didn't real...
1  Thank MK W