“Great location - Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #19 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ruidoso
“Great location - Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

What a nice place to stay. Close to everything I wanted to do. Great staff too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

Some years I have logged over 100K air miles and had to call the desk clerk to ask what city I am in. So it is really nice to find a comfortable, affordable place like this one. I made some special requests during booking that were honored - which reduced the hassle factor so common with business travel. The staff was exceptional - right down to the room service wait staff. I ended up here after my first choice was booked - but now this hotel will become my "first choice."

Ruidoso NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

Stayed at the ABQ Sheraton recently for a tourism conference. The association leader chose this hotel as the conference headquarters. The hotel services were top notch, as were the guest rooms. When a group of us wanted to go out to a nearby restaurant and watering hole, the staff accommodated us with a van and driver.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

My husband and I spent 3 nights....just to get away...we got the pool and jacuzzi to ourselves one morning...it was great! No one bothered us, and yet we knew someone was there IF we needed. Just wish the happy hour had included a couple of free drinks! ha!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

Wonderful greeting despite late arrivals. Lots of amentities including upgraded bathrooms and furnishings. Multiple elevators. Nice open spaces for meeting friends for drinks and free internet connections with computers, monitors and laser printers. You can be relaxed but check your business and personal contacts on the web.

NM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

I was there attending the NMSHA conference. Our car was parked under a light and our 2004 Chevy Suburban was broken into. Another one of my friends had her car broken into as well. My husband talked with another person in the elevator who had her Denali broken into. The employee behind the desk also told me that a car was completely stolen out of the parking lot. I have been to Albuquerque on several occasions. I will not recommend this hotel. The hotel itself is nice. I asked the hotel manager how many vehicles had been broken into that night. I knew of the 3. He told me that was private information. As a consumer, I think it is very important. I attended the conference there and it was very nice staying in the same location. I cannot take the chance again though and I will tell others of my experience and make other hotel recommendations. I heard that this has happened in the past. This obviously is a reoccurring problem that needs to be addressed. There were no exterior cameras on the outside of the building. We were told that there was a security guard that worked about 3-4 hours in the middle of the night. There was not any compensation from the hotel either. They acted like this was just a normal thing at this hotel. I hope for your business, this will be addressed. Unfortunately our insurance requires us to meet our deductibles. The property that was stolen out of the vehicle would be out of our homeowners which is a $500 deductible and the damage to the vehicle would come under our vehicle insurance which is another $500. I feel this is a costly mistake that we just can't do again. I really hope and I will do all that I can to prevent this from happening to anyone else. I have stayed at other locations and have never had any problems. I have stayed at the Marriott and the Holiday Inn Express on Eubank and I have not experience any problems or heard of any problems.

4 Thank kclaflin
SheratonABQ, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
This incident is very unfortunate and does NOT occur on a regular basis at our hotel.
Our hotel does have onsite security and our parking lots are fully illuminated in the evening hours.
We believe we provide a high level of security and comfort for all of our guests.
Aiken, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

Location central to all my needs. accommodations and treatment by staff and management is always first class.