“Centrally Located and Plenty of Restaurants”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #19 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hotel was clean; they offered Starbucks coffee and tea in room; free daily bottle water; in room safe; and all the standard amenities you come to expect. My room was missing an ironing board which was delivered the same day requested. My room keys did not work the third day and the staff was prompt to address the issue by replacing the keys and repairing the door lock. Hotel night manager was accessible and very professional in addressing my concerns when it came to the door keys. I would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone visiting Albuquerque, NM.

I lived in Albuquerque for 16 years and recommend you visit the following restaurants within the area; Gardunios, Cervantes, Los Cuates, Papa Felipe, and Chile Rio.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello Entwistle_bunch-

Thanks for your nice review on our hotel. I have a wonderful team here and happy to see they attended to your needs as you brought to our attention. I love your restaurant recommendations some of my favorites, I would just add one our ABQ Grill but that might be a little biased.

Thanks again for your review and hope your travels bring you back to ABQ and the Sheraton Uptown sooner than later.

Damen Kompanowski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel has easy access to highway I-40 and is pretty centrally located. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are comfortable. The only complaints are that the pillows were BIG so no selection if you like a smaller pillow and they nickel and dime you for internet and such. The staff was kind and helpful and very friendly, everyone says hi when they pass you in the hall. They do not provide a breakfast but there is and Egg and I next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Hello BoulderPaul-

Thanks for your review, I always love to hear the nice comments about the staff. That tells me we are doing the right things and caring for our guest. Let me know next time you are in town we do have other pillow options available for request. As your rest is one of our most important goals.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful, particularly the staff in the coffee shop. The flavored water in the lobby was a nice touch. The gym was ok, but it is in an odd location and the fact that they don't have the same television stations in the gym as in the rooms was a disappointment. The hotel does feel dated and run down.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank aeh1414

Hello aeh1414-

Thank you for your review, and thank you for your kind words about our staff with a special call out to our barista team they are awesome. I will definitely share your review with my team. I hope our travels bring you back to ABQ, and you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I so enjoying my stay here at the Sheration. I feel it is a healthy environment, the staff is awesome in service & go out of their way to helping guest, & is a safe environment with security in place. They even watch out for their guest & their property.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hello Carol W-

Thank you for your review, at Sheraton our Motto is Warm, Connected, Community... Your comments speak to this, thank you for your kind words.

I hope next time you are traveling though ABQ you spend some time with us again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband & I visited as a quick weekend getaway. We were celebrating our anniversary late & the staff were all very accommodating. Veronica, Erin, and Kevin were great! Loved our time away! I would highly recommend this hotel. Great location near good restaurants and shopping and close access to freeway.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor facing the mountains which was a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Subisash-

Thank you for your review, and Happy Belated anniversary. I am never surprised to hear my staff made helped to make your weekend enjoyable. I am very proud of our team we have put together. Yes, I agree with you, our location is awesome, we are located in the heart of uptown with all the best shopping, dining and entertainment.

I hope you treat yourselves to another get away weekend soon.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We normally stay at Homewood suites, it was filled, so we decided to try the Sheraton, its only a couple of blocks from where we normally stay. The hotel was nice, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, the indoor pool and hot tub was very nice and relaxing. This hotel has a great bar area thats very vibrant around 5ish, nice way to unwind and meet people. We got here on Monday and we will leave tomorrow. Our room was very nice and spacious (Room 522). My dislikes: they dont offer free internet in your room, they do however offer free internet in the lobby area with spacious desks set up (its a nice working area) but can be a little noisy from the bar area. The other dislike: we were excited when we saw the hotel had a Starbucks, BUT its a hit and miss if its open. The last 2 evenings, nobody was there (7 pm ish), people were trying to pay for stuff from the little store, but nobody was around. This morning I came down to get a coffee and a pastry and again, nobody was there (this was 6:45ish) I had to go back to my room and rush around to have time to stop and get a coffee and a bite to eat before my meeting.. Not a big problem just a little annoying... I would give it a 5 star BUT no wifi in room and no free breakfast. All in all it is a nice hotel with a nice staff. I do hope they get the Starbucks situation worked out

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sablebell

Hello Sablebell-

Thank you for your review and thank you for all you nice comments on our hotel. I am sorry about the service you experienced at our Sol Café. I can promise you this is not the norm. Our barista does leave at 7pm but we should have had other team members in the lobby to help. I am sorry this was not the case. I will definitely address this issue and share your comments with my management team.

Thanks again for your review and we hope we have won your future business.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

While traveling out west and back again booked the club level for 3 nights.
It helped having the evening goodies, and saved time in the morning with the quick breakfast.
Best part was the dog friendly atmosphere, as it was our first time taking Athena.......she loved the chase in the room.
Views from the 8th floor were amazing.
Much thanks to Jonathan who re booked our return room while in Nevada, and a shout out to Richard the night manager, and the front desk crew who took much time out to answer and google all our questions.
Will return again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Nicole N,

I'm overjoyed that Athena enjoyed her stay with us! :-)
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We take a lot of pride in our service and it's always a pleasure to hear that our guests were taken care of.

Please come back to see us!

Warmest Regards,