“Enjoyed stay - just a few dislikes”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #20 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amarillo
“Enjoyed stay - just a few dislikes”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We normally stay at Homewood suites, it was filled, so we decided to try the Sheraton, its only a couple of blocks from where we normally stay. The hotel was nice, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, the indoor pool and hot tub was very nice and relaxing. This hotel has a great bar area thats very vibrant around 5ish, nice way to unwind and meet people. We got here on Monday and we will leave tomorrow. Our room was very nice and spacious (Room 522). My dislikes: they dont offer free internet in your room, they do however offer free internet in the lobby area with spacious desks set up (its a nice working area) but can be a little noisy from the bar area. The other dislike: we were excited when we saw the hotel had a Starbucks, BUT its a hit and miss if its open. The last 2 evenings, nobody was there (7 pm ish), people were trying to pay for stuff from the little store, but nobody was around. This morning I came down to get a coffee and a pastry and again, nobody was there (this was 6:45ish) I had to go back to my room and rush around to have time to stop and get a coffee and a bite to eat before my meeting.. Not a big problem just a little annoying... I would give it a 5 star BUT no wifi in room and no free breakfast. All in all it is a nice hotel with a nice staff. I do hope they get the Starbucks situation worked out

1 Thank Sablebell
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Sablebell-

Thank you for your review and thank you for all you nice comments on our hotel. I am sorry about the service you experienced at our Sol Café. I can promise you this is not the norm. Our barista does leave at 7pm but we should have had other team members in the lobby to help. I am sorry this was not the case. I will definitely address this issue and share your comments with my management team.

Thanks again for your review and we hope we have won your future business.

Yours in Hospitality,
Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

While traveling out west and back again booked the club level for 3 nights.
It helped having the evening goodies, and saved time in the morning with the quick breakfast.
Best part was the dog friendly atmosphere, as it was our first time taking Athena.......she loved the chase in the room.
Views from the 8th floor were amazing.
Much thanks to Jonathan who re booked our return room while in Nevada, and a shout out to Richard the night manager, and the front desk crew who took much time out to answer and google all our questions.
Will return again when we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Nicole N,

I'm overjoyed that Athena enjoyed her stay with us! :-)
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We take a lot of pride in our service and it's always a pleasure to hear that our guests were taken care of.

Please come back to see us!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, but if you are planning an event here, be aware that the management will not deal with problems which arise. Our group was unable to hear the presentation being given because of extremely loud music coming from a Herbalife group next to us. Despite repeated complaints to the management they did not force the Herbalife people to turn down their enormous sound system.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Amanda A
Hello Amanda-

Thanks for your review, let me start with an apology. I am sorry an event next to yours in our hotel did not make for a great experience. I know our team was reacting to the situation, but could not correct as soon as either of us would have all have liked. We have proactively looked at this meeting in the future to ensure they are in a space away from other meetings.

Again, thanks for your feedback and review.

Yours in Hospitality,
Damen Kompanowski
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were traveling from San Francisco back to the east coast and ABQ was one of our stops. we were only staying a night and needed a place in a decent part of town to stay. We had our dog with us and we had our SUV full of stuff and more tied to the top. UI was nervous to park it in the back of the lot because you never know what could happen. I expressed my concerns to the night manager Richard Manis and he got clearance for me to park in a handicapped spot right up front (so it could be seen from the front desk) and took my keys in case someone who was actually handicapped needed the car and he could move it and then keep an eye on it for me over night. Luckily no one needed the spot and everyone was fine. We also were treated very graciously upon check-in and the whole staff was very accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead as it was almost full when we got there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mike P,

Thank you so much for the gracious review. We understand the importance of feeling safe and secure while staying in a different city, and I'm incredibly happy to hear that Richard was able to provide that for you. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable.

Please visit us again if ever in the area :-)

Chino Hills, California
Reviewed March 8, 2014

You can't go wrong with most Sheraton properties. The rooms are very large and the bed was very comfortable. Great location, convenient to everything in Albuquerque. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again, well worth the money.

Dear SoCalgw,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in ABQ. We are definitely one of the lucky few to have such a great location! We look forward to your return. Take care.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 6, 2014

After spending about 60 nights a year in Albuquerque, I am convinced there are only three places that treat you like a guest. Sheraton uptown, Hotel Park Central, and the Hyatt Downtown. if you are at any other location, watch your back. Barcelona will rob you blind. 200 dollar pet fees. I was quoted a one time fee of $15 and ended up paying nearly $400 in pet rent. What a joke, I would be so embarrassed.

Room Tip: Old property, in need of repair, children running up and down the stairs at all hours of the night...
Dear John M,

Thank you for the review, and the recommendation! We think that we offer a great deal for our guests, from accommodations to our location. I'm glad that you enjoy staying with us, and thank you for returning.

We look forward to your next visit.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I live in Albuquerque and always book rooms here for out-of-town family.

I stayed here myself when getting work done on my house, having been impressed with the attentiveness and courteousness of the staff when attending or presenting at conferences at the hotel.

My experience as a guest more than lived up to expectations.

The room was large, spacious and attractive. All our interactions with hotel staff made it seem like they would be able to solve any issue that arose (though none came up).

My family and friends have also been impressed with the hotel and the service. I'm especially impressed by night manager Richard Manis and his team. Even when all the counter staff are engaged with other guests, we've always been acknowledged almost immediately as we approach the desk.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear D H,

Finding a place that will take care of your family is of the utmost importance, and it means the world to us that you trust us to take care of them :-) It's great that you also had the chance to visit with us. Thank you for making us a home-away-from-home for you and your family.

I look forward to meeting you in the future!