“Highly Recommended”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I live in Albuquerque and always book rooms here for out-of-town family.

I stayed here myself when getting work done on my house, having been impressed with the attentiveness and courteousness of the staff when attending or presenting at conferences at the hotel.

My experience as a guest more than lived up to expectations.

The room was large, spacious and attractive. All our interactions with hotel staff made it seem like they would be able to solve any issue that arose (though none came up).

My family and friends have also been impressed with the hotel and the service. I'm especially impressed by night manager Richard Manis and his team. Even when all the counter staff are engaged with other guests, we've always been acknowledged almost immediately as we approach the desk.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear D H,

Finding a place that will take care of your family is of the utmost importance, and it means the world to us that you trust us to take care of them :-) It's great that you also had the chance to visit with us. Thank you for making us a home-away-from-home for you and your family.

I look forward to meeting you in the future!

Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Celebrated Valentines a little late this year. Checked in to the Sheraton expecting to take a cab to dinner & drinks.
Instead Erin Quinn the shuttle driver took us to the Melting Pot, gave us her card to call her when we were ready to leave, and picked us up afterward.
What a great service for guests. Usually the shuttle is just to the airport.
If that wasn't enough, Erin followed us in and let manager Richard Manis know we were celebrating V-Day with an overnight stay away from the kids.
They surprised us in the lounge area with glasses of wine and nice dessert tray.
It's funny how gestures like that make such big impressions.
As to the rooms, I had heard that they recently renovated, and you could tell. Room was very nice and looked like you were in a new hotel. Comfortable bed, very nice bathroom, even a small fridge in the room to keep our water cold.
Needless to say this is where we'll be taking our "staycations" from now on.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear jedwardsdiamonds,

Thank you for such a kind review ... though I must say that the pleasure was all ours. Our "staycation" guests mean the world to us as they are part of our community. I'm over the moon to hear that your Valentines celebration was a truly special one, and that we were able to assist in that.

Please feel free to reach out to myself or Richard before your next stay.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I woke up at 2am in the morning to our son having a coughing fit, we felt his forehead to find out he was running a temperature. Being the concerned parents we are, we quickly called the front desk and received information as to where the nearest pharmacy was and in the event things got worse, where the closest emergency room was. After returning back with medication for my son, I was met at the front door by the night manager Richard. Richard gave me his personal number and told me to let him know if there was anything we needed to just let him know, he told me sincerely that he would be here for my family all night. I went back to my room and told my wife the story of how Richard was waiting for me at the front door, and how he made me feel he was as concerned as I was about my son. Wow what customer service!! Thank you Richard!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shawn A,

I have a little boy myself, and can only imagine the scare that you experienced. Thank goodness your little boy ended up being ok. Our guests are family to us, and we always take care of family!
Thank you for taking your time to write a review, and we hope to see you and yours again in the future.

Portales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Sheraton Uptown is a hotel we choose at least 10 times a year (each time we're in ABQ), and our trip last week was no exception. We took 23 ENMU Choir students to stay here, and we were treated like royalty. From Erin checking us in, carrying our bags to our room, providing extra tea and towels and just having an all-around cheerful spirit, to Richard Manis going well beyond his Night Manager role to cheerfully spirit us around ABQ in the new Mercedes van (huge upgrade for the hotel, we were given the best service we've ever received at this hotel. Thank you, Sheraton Uptown. You're the best! Kayla and Jason Paulk

Room Tip: All rooms have fridges, complimentary newspapers downstairs, Starbucks on site, and shuttle service.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bartokhound
Dear bartokhound,

It was a pleasure hosting your group yet again! Thank you for continuing to choose us, and for the very kind words. We look forward to seeing you next time :-)

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My Mother & Father-in-law were traveling unexpectedly through the Albuquerque area & needed a place to rest for the evening. Being a Starwood faithful, I found this property from the East Coast and contacted their team to reserve
accommodations on my family's behalf. The Sheraton team went above and beyond to make them comfortable. It was a relief knowing they were at "home" away from home. Incredible staff goes a long way!!

Stayed February 2014
Dear Jwalt1121,

Unexpected trips can often be stressful things, especially when it's our parents taking them. Thank you for putting your faith in us and giving us a call. You can always count on us to take care of your loved ones :-)

Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything in the future.

Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Pinar Bahadir welcomed us upon our arrival. We were road weary and looking forward to stopping for the day. We usually enjoy Sheratons, but Pinar went above and beyond to make our stay just that much better. We are part of their rewards program, and we received an upgrade to a jacuzzi suite--WOW--what a great suite. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and it made for such a great stay. Thank you, Pinar, for your great welcome and service!

Room Tip: Great free breakfast and evening snacks for rewards club customers--ask about it :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello Sue-

Thanks for your 5 star review. I am always so proud of my team, and make you feel at home when you visit ABQ.

Yours in Hospitality,
Damen Kompanowski
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

It's not the best of the Sheraton hotels chain but it's ok for business. It's located in uptown Albuquerque with a nice mall two blocks away and about two miles from Nob Hill and the museums. Shout out to the front desk doing an excellent service with our check-in/out. However, the cleanliness needs improvement. The room had a foul odor when we arrived and the air conditioner filter as well as the carpet needs to be replace. We all left stuffy. I came here to visit friends so it wasn't a vacation spot but it could be if hotel and city improvements are made.

Stayed February 2014
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Suckerfortrips-

Thanks for your review, I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered in your rooms.
A room without proper airflow can make for an unpleasant stay, I believe we found the room you stayed in and addressed both the HVAC and cleanliness issues. Please accept my apology,
we do have a great staff and a beautiful hotel, I hope you will give us another chance and contact me personally next time you are visiting ABQ.

Thanks again for your review

Yours in Hospitality,