“Perfect for a big group!”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Perfect for a big group!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Uptown for the Balloon Fiesta this year. We were also there to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday. We had 25 rooms (65 people) for 4 nights. This hotel did a first class job in handling our group. Rebecca and Sarah from the sales department consistently went above and beyond the call of duty. They made organizing our block of rooms easy and were very competitively priced. They helped deliver oversized welcome baskets to all of our guests and even left flowers and a welcome basket for the birthday girl. The club level lounge was a life saver for our big group. When we got a little too loud for the other guests in the hotel, they graciously offered us another location in the hotel for us to gather.

This was a perfect spot to stay for the Balloon Fiesta. The park and ride was right across the street from the hotel and the Sheraton provided a free shuttle to and from the park and ride. It truly could not have been easier. The shuttle drivers were helpful, courteous and always friendly (even at 4:00 in the morning).

We had raw baked goods shipped in that needed to be baked upon arrival. With a smile, the chef graciously agreed to bake them with no prior notice.

The attitude of every single staff member at this hotel was top notch...they were definitely there to please, and please they did. We would not stay anywhere else but the Sheraton Uptown if we are ever in Albuquerque again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear jennifer g,

Your mom's 90th birthday party was a true joy for us to host. I'm thrilled to hear that we met all of your family's needs, and that it was a great event for all. Wow! ... a 90th birthday and Balloon Fiesta; what a special time for your family :-)

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Perhaps next year for Balloon Fiesta?! Thank you for the wonderful review.

Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a long and exhausting road trip, and it was pure enjoyment. We were traveling with 2 kids, 2 adults, and a dog.

The lobby is gorgeous - a pretty bar area with big screen TV's, a coffee bar, and event rooms. We were told that there were several celebrations taking place that Saturday night. Check in was quick. We had a brief snafu with our room keys not working, but it was quickly rectified.

The room was beautiful - very tastefully decorated. The bathroom was very pretty, with a frosted pane door and granite counters. There were nice glass drinking glasses, as well as plastic, which was great for the kids. The bed was bliss - so comfortable with fresh, soft linens. I sunk into it immediately. We had a view of the rooftop of the adjoining wing, which wasn't pretty, but we didn't care. You could see the mountains, and that was very nice.

I called for room service, and I'm pregnant, so the menu of local cuisine, mainly spicy southwestern fare, wasn't appealing, and they couldn't have been more accommodating. I had a house salad with exactly my choice of toppings, and seasonal berries with whipped cream - it was delicious and refreshing. My husband had the quesadilla, which he enjoyed thoroughly. There wasn't a kids menu, but they cheerfully accommodated us with a kids cheeseburger meal for my son. Service was quick and professional. The prices were a little high, but the convenience was well worth it - we were way too tired to go anywhere.

My husband took our kids to the pool, which he said was a little disappointing - there was no shallow end grading to ease into, and the depth was 4.5' at its deepest point, but the kids had a fun time. They provide towels, which was great.

Check out was a snap, as well. We would definitely stay here again!

*One note - if using Google Maps, for some reason it takes you through a very sketchy part of town, and I'm not sure why. I was a little nervous driving. I would avoid Osuna Road - from the San Mateo exit, just take Menaul to Louisiana - or better yet, exit directly onto Louisiana, if you can. Also, we'd recommend Le Peep café if you're looking for breakfast on your way out of town.

Dear chickety82,

Two kids, two adults, and a dog ... that's the makings of an eventful trip. ;-) I'm so glad that you chose to stay with us, and that we were able to provide some calmness to it all.

We take a lot of pride in our service, and establishment, and love hearing that this was demonstrated to our guests. I hope that you will bring the family back in the future ... including the new addition!

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is a very mixed bag. The staff is friendly and service is prompt. The elevators are fast (yes this does matter). The lobby is beautiful, just as you would expect from a hotel of this caliber. The down sides are probably beyond the control of the hotel. Number one we found the hotel to be extremely noisy. Between the sirens at night and the noise from other rooms it was not exactly peaceful. We were approached by a vagrant asking for money in the parking lot and saw others. This hotel, when considered on its own merits, is very nice. When you factor in the surrounding issues of noise and the parking lot, it may be better to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 7th floor unless you're wanting to be wakened by excessive noise from the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Cubert9,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the kind words. While we can't control the noise outside, we are always more than happy to attempt to resolve the issue to make our guests more comfortable. I am terribly sorry that this was not your experience, but do hope that you will afford us another chance in the future to provide you a better stay. Please feel free to reach out to us any time.

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We celebrated our mother's 90th birthday at the 2013 abq balloon fiesta. The staff went well beyond the call in every way. Miss Rebecca even had their sous chef cook up lobster tails that Buddy (from cake boss) sent. Perfect place to experience the Balloon Fiesta. Thank you to everyone at the Sheraton Uptown for making mom's party wonderful. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Room Tip: mountain view with club access foe the balloon fiesta
Dear mukipanu,

It was such a pleasure having you and your family here for your mother's 90th birthday!! We enjoyed having you just as much as you enjoyed being here! We are thrilled that your mother had a wonderful birthday, and that all of you were able to enjoy the Balloon Fiesta together; it's truly a spectacular event ... almost as spectacular as a 90th birthday :-)

Take care, and please feel free to reach out to us any time.

Warmest Regard,
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I wasn't very pleased with the hotel's management. This hotel caters to business people, but also to events like weddings and large groups visiting for recreational purposes. I found the management of the bar area to be quite sloppy on my Saturday overnight. Visitors were carousing noisily, the tables were dirty, and there didn't seem to be enough staff to help control the crowd and keep the area clean. The crowd in the bar area spilled over to the main lobby. Also, keep in mind that if you are not a valued SPG member, many of the traditional services you receive from smaller motel chains are extra add-ons here, like internet and airport transportation. As far as my room went, it was comfortable including the bedding. But the housekeeping was shoddy, bath items were not replaced, and one of my personal wash clothes was taken. The hotel has ample parking and is very close to major shopping and restaurants. But restaurants close early in this section of Albuquerque, so if you check in late, all you might find is vending food.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zoom_Gotti
Dear Zoom_Gotti,

We take a lot of pride in our service and establishment, and I'm terribly sorry to hear that this was not your experience with us. We only wish for all of our guests to have a wonderful stay, and I will absolutely follow up on your feedback to ensure that other guests do not have a similar experience. Please know that your review is valuable to us, and greatly appreciated. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with a wonderful stay.

Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend in October 2013.
Excellent value considering the rooms are very clean. Our only complaint was that the mini-fridge in one of the rooms didn't work - it didn't get cold despite the highest setting. This was an isolated issue because it only affected one of our rooms.
The rooms are quiet, the beds are comfortable, bathrooms clean with no issues.
We enjoyed the mountain views from our rooms.
The location of the hotel is in a nice area, there are a lot of quality restaurants nearby.
Parking is a small issue, you may have to circle the front of the hotel once or twice on a busy night for a spot. Parking is free.
Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room on a higher floor
Dear ParekhK,

We are absolutely blessed to have an amazing view of the Sandias, and to be located in the heart of Albuquerque shopping and dining! I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy both :-)
Thank you very much for the gracious review, and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Apparently, if you're standing in the lobby, you're much more important than a customer conducting business via telephone. If you expect a minimal level of customer service - try one of the other hotels just across the street- which is actually closer and more conveniently located to the great shopping and restaurants: Hyatt Place Uptown and Hilton Garden Inn. I was put on hold 5 times when calling in to obtain a copy of my bill (which was promised via email but never arrived). During the 4th time of being put on hold, the front desk person put me on hold mid sentence. Rude. It's too bad that a what could have been a simple 2 minute call to obtain a copy of my bill for my company turned into a 15 minute very poor experience. Also, I still haven't received a copy of my bill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear AMY B,

I am sorry that we made you feel like anything less than a valuable guest to us, and for the huge inconvenience that we put you through. Please know that whether a guest is at our front desk or on the phone, we hold all in the same high regard. I will absolutely look into this matter to assure that it does not happen again. I understand any hesitations that you may have with us now, but I hope that we can put these to rest in the future.
Please reach out to me if you need anything.