“Excellente!!!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellingham, Washington
“Excellente!!!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We celebrated our mother's 90th birthday at the 2013 abq balloon fiesta. The staff went well beyond the call in every way. Miss Rebecca even had their sous chef cook up lobster tails that Buddy (from cake boss) sent. Perfect place to experience the Balloon Fiesta. Thank you to everyone at the Sheraton Uptown for making mom's party wonderful. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Room Tip: mountain view with club access foe the balloon fiesta
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear mukipanu,

It was such a pleasure having you and your family here for your mother's 90th birthday!! We enjoyed having you just as much as you enjoyed being here! We are thrilled that your mother had a wonderful birthday, and that all of you were able to enjoy the Balloon Fiesta together; it's truly a spectacular event ... almost as spectacular as a 90th birthday :-)

Take care, and please feel free to reach out to us any time.

Warmest Regard,
Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I wasn't very pleased with the hotel's management. This hotel caters to business people, but also to events like weddings and large groups visiting for recreational purposes. I found the management of the bar area to be quite sloppy on my Saturday overnight. Visitors were carousing noisily, the tables were dirty, and there didn't seem to be enough staff to help control the crowd and keep the area clean. The crowd in the bar area spilled over to the main lobby. Also, keep in mind that if you are not a valued SPG member, many of the traditional services you receive from smaller motel chains are extra add-ons here, like internet and airport transportation. As far as my room went, it was comfortable including the bedding. But the housekeeping was shoddy, bath items were not replaced, and one of my personal wash clothes was taken. The hotel has ample parking and is very close to major shopping and restaurants. But restaurants close early in this section of Albuquerque, so if you check in late, all you might find is vending food.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zoom_Gotti
Dear Zoom_Gotti,

We take a lot of pride in our service and establishment, and I'm terribly sorry to hear that this was not your experience with us. We only wish for all of our guests to have a wonderful stay, and I will absolutely follow up on your feedback to ensure that other guests do not have a similar experience. Please know that your review is valuable to us, and greatly appreciated. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with a wonderful stay.

Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend in October 2013.
Excellent value considering the rooms are very clean. Our only complaint was that the mini-fridge in one of the rooms didn't work - it didn't get cold despite the highest setting. This was an isolated issue because it only affected one of our rooms.
The rooms are quiet, the beds are comfortable, bathrooms clean with no issues.
We enjoyed the mountain views from our rooms.
The location of the hotel is in a nice area, there are a lot of quality restaurants nearby.
Parking is a small issue, you may have to circle the front of the hotel once or twice on a busy night for a spot. Parking is free.
Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room on a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear ParekhK,

We are absolutely blessed to have an amazing view of the Sandias, and to be located in the heart of Albuquerque shopping and dining! I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy both :-)
Thank you very much for the gracious review, and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Apparently, if you're standing in the lobby, you're much more important than a customer conducting business via telephone. If you expect a minimal level of customer service - try one of the other hotels just across the street- which is actually closer and more conveniently located to the great shopping and restaurants: Hyatt Place Uptown and Hilton Garden Inn. I was put on hold 5 times when calling in to obtain a copy of my bill (which was promised via email but never arrived). During the 4th time of being put on hold, the front desk person put me on hold mid sentence. Rude. It's too bad that a what could have been a simple 2 minute call to obtain a copy of my bill for my company turned into a 15 minute very poor experience. Also, I still haven't received a copy of my bill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear AMY B,

I am sorry that we made you feel like anything less than a valuable guest to us, and for the huge inconvenience that we put you through. Please know that whether a guest is at our front desk or on the phone, we hold all in the same high regard. I will absolutely look into this matter to assure that it does not happen again. I understand any hesitations that you may have with us now, but I hope that we can put these to rest in the future.
Please reach out to me if you need anything.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 17, 2013

In most ways, this is a very nice property. The property is attractive, the rooms are clean and roomy, there is adequate sound insulation in the rooms, the staff is efficient, friendly and anxious to please, and even the restaurant was good for breakfast.
There was one aspect of our room that really bothered me. The temperature vent in our room was on the wall of the room aimed directly at our bed. This meant that either I had to turn off the controls, or have a stream of cold air directed at me whenever the room started to get warm. Maybe it was because I didn't figure this out until the middle of the night, but I could not figure out any way to redirect the stream of air. I felt fortunate not to end up with a stiff neck or a cramp in my shoulder or back. I cannot understand why anyone would design the hotel room in this fashion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TomM1951,

Please accept my sincerest apology for the issue that you experienced in the room while with us. We understand that AC problems can lead to a restless night, opposite of what we wish for our guests. I can guarantee you that Engineering is addressing this problem. Thank you for your review, and the valuable input.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

After my third stay at this Sheraton, I'm ready to call a solid "Very Good" rating. I'm going to venture out on a limb to say that this might be one of the nicer/nicest hotel properties in Albuquerque -- much better than the downtown Hyatt, if you ask me.

The exterior certainly wouldn't have you thinking this (in fact, it's quite unattractive), but it's what's on the inside that counts, right?

- Great customer service
- Rates seemingly a bit high for this market -- but again -- see above comment
- Recent renovation worked wonders and it's a really nice space on the interior
- Club Lounge is super comfortable and has great food both at breakfast and during evening reception (although the alcohol is surprisingly expensive). The lovely ladies that staff the Lounge are always amazing, reliable, and you should tip them generously
- The LINK business center (first floor) is kickin' simply because the machines actually work and printing is FREE
- The restaurant isn't half bad, especially at breakfast
- Easy, free parking
- I was upgraded to a "jacuzzi suite" (thank you SPG Platinum)....wow, i was honestly impressed: a space significantly bigger than my apartment, two bathrooms, large jacuzzi tub with jets that works, was clean, and plenty of room for more than one person

Will stay here on all future trips to Albuquerque.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear MarkyMarkTXNYC,

Wow! Thank you so much for the review, and for your loyalty to Starwood.

The Jacuzzi Suite is my personal favorite (imagine that. lol), and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Uptown in a mini suite on the 7th floor. The room was clean and spacious with an AMAZING unobstructed view of the mountains. Be aware, travelers: While the mini suite was great, both mini suites on the 7th floor are right by the elevators and right beneath the hospitality suite. That means elevator noise all night long and hospitality suite breakfast noise beginning at 6am. While that didn't bother us, it might bother others. If you like to stay in a suite, get one of the larger suites on the 8th (top) floor. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. Well done, Sheraton.

Room Tip: Be aware, travelers: While the mini suite was great, both mini suites on the 7th floor are right by...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KM_NV
Dear KM_NV,

Our Sandia Mountains are a site to see, and a true treasure in Albuquerque. We are very lucky to have such a gorgeous view of them, and I'm happy you enjoyed them. For your next visit, we'll have to get you over there to hike them. Nothing beats it!
I do apologize for the elevator noise, and I'm glad it didn't bother you too terribly. We are always happy to accommodate our guests if it becomes too much.

Have a great weekend!