“Great Staff, Room, & Location!”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #19 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado
“Great Staff, Room, & Location!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my family stayed this past weekend and had a fantastic stay. There were quite a few events going on at the hotel so we were a little concerned that it may get a little loud in the evening, but that wasn't the case at all. We had a quiet and clean room, the staff was very attentive and kind, and when I took my daughters to the pool in the evening--they had the best time! One of the staff members who really stood out was Mariah who was the bartender on Saturday night. It was obviously a very busy evening for them, but Mariah stopped everything to assist me while I picked up our food/drinks to bring up to our room, which I truly appreciated. The morning crew at Starbucks on Sunday were great too--so nice and patient to my 5 year old--not to mention they made fantastic Starbucks drinks--didn't need to make that extra trip to stand-alone Starbucks on the way out of town! The location of the hotel is also really convenient--you can walk to Chili's or Chipotle and a short drive to the freeway and large outdoor mall with restaurants/Starbucks that also has one of the biggest Targets I've seen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello ksp125-

Thank your 5 Star review... Three very important things when traveling, Location, the Room and most important our Staff... You loved all of them and thank you for letting us know.. I am so proud of my team then pair then up with a great hotel and perfect location and they are just ready to create great experiences.. We hope to see you again soon...

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Pretty decent hotel, situated in the NE part of Albuquerque. It is close to restaurants, shopping, and transportation. Not a bad hotel, but it was very noisy this weekend. There were two events, and they were pretty loud. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. On Sunday in particular, it was noisy. The carpet really needs a cleaning. I do wish I could give it 3.5 stars. It isn't too expensive, so I think it is worth the price. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. Service is good. Pool was ok.

Hello Doubler71-

Thanks for your review, yes we are located in the heart of Uptown with all the best, Shopping, Dinning and Entertainment. I am sorry our hotel was not as peaceful as usual and since your visit we have professional cleaned all the carpets in the hotel.

Thanks again for you review and we hope your travels bring you back to ABQ soon. Please let me know next time in town and I will personally take care of your reservation and ensure a much more pleasant stay.

Las Vegas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This property has a bit of 'deferred' maintenance but has potential after a remodel. I'll post the not so good first and then finish with the good.

The not so good is it looks dirty. I don't think it's so much a housekeeping issue as the carpeting appears to be decades old. There are stains in the hallway and the colors are drab, at least on the sixth floor. Also, service is sub par. The employees are friendly and try to support each customer but there was only one checking folks in when I arrived and it took a half hour for me to get to the front of the line. I called 'guest services' 5 times to be greeted with 'please hold' only to give up after 5 minutes. I did get two extra towels on night three of my stay.

The neutral - the AC worked fine but the temp was set on 60 when I arrived and the temp never got close to that. I suspect it was around 75 in the room. I like that temp so fine by me but some others might find it warm. Another neutral is $10 per day for internet access. I get it for free or use my hotspot but do you really have to gouge folks on this?

The good: The location is walker friendly. Lots of food and shopping choices nearby. If you're okay with a dated property than the location will make you smile. Also, if you have club access the evening snacks and no charge soft drinks are really well done. Usually something hot like egg rolls or pizza squares plus cheese and cold vegetable. $10 for a glass of $12 a bottle wine so you might want to bring your own. Hard liquor is about the same and I think a beer was $6 or $7. The breakfast isn't as good but still acceptable. I pick when I eat so I didn't have to go to a restaurant during my stay.

In summary, a bit of a disappointment on the maintenance issues but perfectly adequate for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Club level if you can get it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Jack-

Thanks for your detailed review.. I can assure you I read each review and take action. I would love to meet with you next time in town and get additional feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Club Lounge It is a great added value to your stay.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

OVerall this is a very decent place to stay. As another reviewer mentioned, the folks here really try hard to do their best.
I had some issues with the first room assigned (sheets not clean). LAter, changed rooms.
WIreless internet was spotty at times. I reported this to the hotel manager.

Got to chat with the General Manager of the property. He does a nice job with his staff. No wonder they like working here!
There is a shuttle available if you need to go somewhere close by. There are restaurants within a mile (outdoor mall).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello snod73-

Thank you for you review, I am glad we were able to still make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. We do have a wonderful staff and at times we make some mistakes.. I am happy in the end we were able to make you happy as that is true hospitality,

Broken Arrow, OK
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit to this hotel. The standards I expect from the Sheraton name are fully realized here. Comfort, cleanliness, style, and luxury for a reasonable rate. Always happy here and will continue to stay here on my eastbound trips.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Tetranomo-

We love to be your eastbound hotel. Thank you for your 5 star review on our hotel. It is so nice to find a home when on the road and we thank you for choosing our hotel as you home when in ABQ.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Pros: The staff was friendly and helpful, the price was good, the beds were comfortable, had hot running water, and the hotel was located close to the airport.

Cons: The rooms smelled bad, like wet animals. We requested a room change because the first room smelled so bad. The second room still smelled, but it wasn't as bad as the first. We had a view of the parking lot. The hall carpet was starting to run and it was easy to trip. The room was dark and dreary and had inadequate lighting. There was an indoor pool, but it was only heated to 80 so it was too cold to enjoy. The key cards only worked after 3-5 attempts at swiping them. Semi noisy rooms, but we were so exhausted from long day of outside activities that we settled in at 10 and went to sleep right through it. The Lobby and bar area was quite loud, but if you are in to that scene, it was a happening place.

Room Tip: Good if on a tight budget and need to be close to airport.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Clopaboba-

Thanks for your review, I am sorry your stay was less than perfect and we had to move you from your first assigned room. Thank you for your positive comments on our team we do have a wonderful staff. Please feel free to contact me next time you are coming to ABQ. I would like to do something special for you.

General Manger
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed 5 nights , had 2 rooms in mid may/13. We must have occupied approx. 35 rooms. were in town for a wedding which was in the hotel, supposedly we were getting a great rate. but not much different than reg. rate. the hotel overall was ok, nothing to flip over. The staff was not that friendly. Our key card did not work, had to go down stairs 5 times in a for to get it re-keyed, then they called the maintaince guy to come and see what the problem was. he opened it after the 8th time, gave us a mumbo jumbo about having to bend the card down 35 degrees then pull it out to open the door.
Like we were stupid. I travel a lot in my work and stay at 14 different hotels a years. I know how to use a card key.
the food at the restaurant was good, is conveniently located near Highways 40 and 25 and a lot of boutique shopping and restaurants are close by

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello tazz-man007-

Thanks for your review, I am so sorry to hear your keys were not working correctly, We have recently upgraded our system and we did have some initial problems. We have since corrected this issue. I hope you had a great time celebrating the wedding and that your travels will bring you back to ABQ. If so please contact me to make your next reservation.

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com