WINNER WONDERLAND

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #19 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Impeccably clean, outstanding breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Located just off I-40 yet easily accessible by car to downtown, this hotel so surpassed our expectations that I must take the time to write a review. The white white white sheets and duvet cover set the tone of impeccable cleanliness for this sleek modern room. The bed was supportive and very comfortable; the furnishings trim and well-thought-out; the carpet clean and inviting to bare feet. The included breakfast buffet was the most varied, most appealing and freshest we've ever had.

1 Thank BijouMarielle
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hello BijouMarielle-

Thank you for your 5 star review on our hotel. We take so much pride in our clean rooms and our Sweet Sleeper Beds. Our location is so centrally located to whatever you like to do in Albuquerque. We are walking distance to great entertainment, dining and shopping and just minutes in your car to downtown.

Thanks again for your review, we hope to see you again soon..

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Sheraton is conveniently located by restaurants and shops. I stayed for work and didn't realize they did not have a shuttle to the airport. So be prepared to pay about $35 for a cab, one way. The hotel was nice. My room AC didn't work so it was hot and I could not sleep. But it was clean and the ladies at the front desk were very friendly. My breakfast was outstanding and the 2 people that served me were great as well. I am sorry I didn't get their names. Normally I do, but I was so tired from lack of sleep I forgot. I only go to ALB for work so I probably won't stay here unless the airport Sheraton is full.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paulette8907654532
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello Paulette-

I am so sorry about the AC in your room not working correctly. I can understand that would make it uncomfortable to sleep. There are a few options on how to get to our hotel that are less expensive then the cab. The great thing about our location is all your options for your downtime. I would love another opportunity to prove to you that our location is right for you. Please contact me directly for you next reservation and I will ensure your walk away saying we are your home away from home in ABQ.

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com
Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown and never before had I experienced such amazing hospitality and service from a hotel. They have raised the bar for every other hotel. With free bottles of water in the hotel room each day, Starbucks coffee in your room, to the comfy beds, and free shuttle service to restaurants and shopping, this hotel is amazing! I came down with a sinus infection and the shuttle took me to my appointment and to the pharmacy so I could get my medication. The driver was out and one of the desk clerks offered to drive me! I was amazed at how caring their staff is. I will definately stay at this hotel again and will recommend them to anyone seeking a hotel in the Albuquerque area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bdgriff
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Hello Bdgriff-

I love your review of our property... This is why I am in the business and I am so happy my team executed flawlessly. Traveling is not easy especially when you are not feeling good. It makes me very proud to read your review. I am so happy we were there to help.

I hope next time when traveling to ABQ you are feeling better and can enjoy our great city and hotel. Thanks for your review.

Yours in Hospitality
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here 2 days for a conference. The hotel is very modern, the rooms are comfortable and it is convenient to most things you would need: shopping, restaurants, Fed Ex nearby. Customer service was good, as was the catered food. The only downside was the charge for wireless internet. It is free in the lobby but you must pay in your room. I never understand that concept.
Lots of dogs, so I see that it is pet friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
Hello MotherJaneGoose-

Thank you for your review.. Sounds like your conference and your stay was a great success at our property.. I am so pleased we have so much to offer in our backyard for our convention guest. It is so easy to work during the day and play at night. We have a great property and I am glad we made you business trip more than just business.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was an unexpected stay for us as we had a flat tire on a trip through Albuquerque and had to wait a day for new tires to arrive. The hotel is pet friendly, which is why we chose it, but we were pleasantly surprised at its quality. We had a nicely appointed, spacious king room with a view of the Sandia Mountains. The hotel is very conveniently located as it is only a few blocks from a mall with many restaurants. We had drinks and split a bar entree, which was very tasty. Staff was friendly and allowed us a little grace on the checkout time while we were waiting for new tires. This was during the balloon fiesta, by the way, yet the service was friendly and prompt!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view!
Hi Joan....

I am sorry to hear about you flat but I am glad we turned it into a pleasant experience for you . It is so nice to get so many nice comments on my staff we really work hard at taking care of our guest and treating you as you were in our own personal home..

I hope that your unexpected trip has made you want to return to ABQ for a nice weekend or vacation. We have so much to brag about in our state and would welcome you back at any time.

Thanks for your review
Yours in Hospitality
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent 2 nights in a jacuzzi suite at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown. The hotel may look drab and ugly on the outside, but the hotel has been remodeled and it shows. The lobby is still small and oddly shaped, but they have a small cafe and a bar which was busy whenever I walked through.

The staff was great throughout, from check-in to check-out. They told me at check-in that due to my corporate SPG status, the internet would be comped. I was told that I might see it on my bill, but just ask for it to be removed. It did show up on my bill, but was quickly removed upon check-out.

The suite was huge, with 2 bathrooms (1 with jacuzzi, other with regular tub/shower), fridge, coffee maker (starbucks coffee for the coffee snobs out there), and 2 flat screen TV's. The suite set up is 2 separate rooms with a double door separating the living room from the bedroom. The living room has a couch and coffee table and faces the TV.

The bed was great, I didn't hear any noise from the hall or next door, and there is 2 separate thermostats (1 for each room) which is a nice touch.

The location is great, although parking is tight in the front of the hotel. The side lot is usually empty and I ended up parking there most of the time. The side door closes at 9pm and is not accessible via your room key, so be aware of that.

I didn't use the fitness center, pool, club lounge, or business center so I can't comment on those. Overall, I had a great stay and will be there again next week.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Eric-

Amazing hotel... LOVE IT.. Thanks for your review.. Our Jacuzzi suites are just awesome, from the views the large tub and the great space you have to just relax.. I am so glad you did not just stay here but you had an experience.. That is our goal.. Sounds like we did a good job...

Thank you Eric and I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ sooner than later...

El Paso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

we had a very good time at this hotel. we love the location because it is less than a mile to our favorite restaurant, Gordunos. It is close to Trader Joes which we always go to and stock up because we don't have one in El Paso. Our bed was very comfortable and we heard no outside noises. The staff is always very friendly. I believe we have stayed here 5 or 6 times and my husband used to stay here on buiness years ago. There are 2 really nice shopping centers with many upscale restaurants within half a mile or so. This is always our go to hotel in Albuquerque.

Hello Tequillia777-

Love the name.. Thanks for your review. I also love that restaurant, Great choice.. I am so happy to hear we are your home when traveling to ABQ. That is the ultimate thank you.. I also think you cant find a better location to stay, than right in the heart of Uptown when traveling to ABQ. You are just minutes for all the best shopping, dining and entertainment.

Thanks again for your 5 star review...