“Enjoyable stay at Sheraton UPTOWN”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It was for the 2nd time when we stayed at this Hotel. Even if it was VERY EXPENSIVE (Balloon Fiesta...), the stay was very enjoyable. Very clean hotel, quite well phonic insulation, the elevator are working perfect, the room are kept EXCELLENT, we did not use any other services, but people form the concierge were very nice, helpful and very polite. The ONLY down item are the toilets in the rooms....for men, the level of water is way to high, and in fact the bowls are totally badly designed....I hope that next time the hotel will be renovated and they will never buy so cheap and incorrectly designed toilets bowls. Anyway, the location was perfect for us, it is close to almost everything in walking distance, lots of parking, again, a good hotel kept accordingly by hardworking people.

Room Tip: choose the room using a normal tip: away from the elevators
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Hello Cucubau-

Thanks for your review. This year was just spectacular for balloon fiesta so many positive reviews and great comments from all our visitors..
I am so happy you had an enjoyable experience, and and look forward to seeing you next year.

Generl Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very run down hotel that could need a face lift.
It felt as if they had given up!
The hotel restaurant is always closed, the staff said it does not pay to keep it open. The kitchen is up and running and it's fine to order food that may be eaten in the bar.
The club lounge does not include drinks except non alcoholic alternatives. Over Prices in the lounge if you want a beer, which will cost three times as much as in a restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BOYGBG
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hello Boygbg-

Thanks for your review... I am sorry we felt short of your expectations. We have recently invested 25 million into our property, and very proud of the product we have in Albuquerque. I am sorry we gave you wrong information about our restaurant. We serve dinner in the lobby lounge, that is a more lively atmosphere at dinner, so we have food service everyday from 6am until 11pm. I will make sure the entire team is on the same page and giving the proper information.

Thanks again for your review, if your travel brings you back to NM, I would love the opportunity to make it right. Please contact me directly and I will ensure a perfect stay...

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

A great hotel with friendly welcoming staff, rooms that are clean and have an upscale feel! It's a complete package normally found in the likes of Westin but was pleasantly surprised.

For starters it has an workout facility and swimming pool, nothing fancy but decent enough to do some running or elliptical. I was put up on the club floor and I suggest that you try to get upgraded to the floor as they have a good breakfast (6 to 9) and evening reception (5 to 8) with a very good spread. The rooms are spotless, very well organized with tons of power outlets and light switches that you don't need to fiddle around to reach. As simple as this may sound, having easy to reach light switches and a few paintings in rooms and halls, Made the experience a very enjoyable one. The bathroom had a walk in closet, coffee maker, usual trappings like flat screen tv and some clever utilization of bathroom space divided up so two people can get ready at same time.

The hotel is located in uptown close to a
Shopping mall, restaurants, and close to attractions like Sandra peak tramway, scenic byway to Santa Fe, petroglyphs etc. In short a fairly central location, parking is free and ample space to park. There is a chillis, egg and I right in same lot as the hotel. They have a full fledged bar with live music on weekends and in room service too.

The front desk staff is very knowledgable with local events and the area and are willing to help. I had a few hiccups during checkout when they were ready to charge me inspire of redeeming my points ( I'm a spg member). After some lessons on how Sheraton points work I was able to check out.

TIP: get north facing rooms and you can catch the balloon fiesta fireworks, glorious sunsets of Sandia peak and even catch the balloons during the fiesta

• Stayed: October 2012

Hello Slkone-

Thank you for your review.. GEM what a nice way to explain our hotel. A Gem located in Uptown... I Think we have a new tagline. I is so nice to hear about everyone's great experiences during balloon fiesta... Your review really lays out a great experience at our hotel..

I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ soon..

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Was in Albuquerque with friends for the Balloon Festival and stayed in suite. The Sheraton Uptown was fantastic. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The suite was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The jacuzzi was a special treat. We stayed 4 nights and I would definitely go back and encourage others to stay there whenever in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hello Tucson Traveler-

Thanks for your review... WOW your first time here, we are a quick hour flight or just a 6 hour drive perfect for a weekend away. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and relaxed in one of our jacuzzi suites. Since you were only in town for four days you need to come back there is so much more to do.

I hope you add ABQ to your calender for your get-away weekends...

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My comments would reflect most of the positive reviews given. The renovation has provided a pleasant and modern property. Rooms are
fairly large and well appointed. Clean. I have about one hundred fifty
nights a year on the road. I am definitely favorably impressed with a
general manager who is often seen and obviously "hands on." I would
like to see the no charge wifi that I normally find at most of the hotels I stay
in. As a guide to travelers, I recommend the Egg and I next door. I first
enjoyed this restaurant chain many years ago in Denver.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello Rt66tbird-

Thank you for your review... We definitely enjoyed hosting your tour group at our hotel. I love to be out front with my guest.. Although I have an office behind the front desk my true office is the lobby.
I think it is great you brought your tour group to ABQ during balloon fiesta out best event every year. We look forward to hosting you and your group next year.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

very helpful front desk, kids liked the pool, restaurant was pretty good (order santa fe tacos!). this is not fancy but for the price it was very nice. kids used the pool and hot tub and we were upgraded upon checkin tro corner room which is always a nice treat. went in august and stayed one night on our way up to sante fe

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hello Kamkjp-

Thank you for your 5 star review... We love to get feedback from our guest. It is nice your entire family enjoyed their stay with us. It sounds like a overall great experience, a nice room, friendly staff and good food...

Thanks again and see you on your next trip to or thorough ABQ...

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Overall - Good stay!
Great follow up by front desk. Key didnt work so they had security follow to room to make sure it worked the second time. Pool is great for kids.
Pool doesnt have changing area so you should go ready to swim.
Restuarant exceeded expectation for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hello Msneen -

Thanks you for your review...Another great experience... I think everything a family could look for something for the kids to do, a nice location, good food and service. I am sorry that you key did not work but looks like our staff did a nice job to ensure your satisfaction.

Thanks again for your review...