“Very, very nice”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #20 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had occassion to stay here over the Memorial Day Weekend. I must say I was very pleased on all accounts. The room was very nice and the staff were very accommodating. We've stayed here before and are always very pleased. The club floor lounge is a peaceful place to relax, both in the evening and for the complimentary breakfast in the AM. Special thanks to Mandy who was most helpful and a real delight.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Mike-

Mandy is just a Gem, thanks for recognizing her. I would also like to thank you for you review and your repeat business to our hotel. I know there are many choices for you in ABQ, your return visit to us is our #1 compliment. I am so happy you enjoyed our club lounge, it is a beautiful space to relax and our service.

Come back soon,

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The organization as well as the staff were amazing here. I really admired how much attention they payed to detail. I highly recommend this hotel. Not to mention they also have tons of evening social activities.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear nkanyinda-

Thanks for your great reveiw, we have recently added some nice entertainment for our guest.
Wednesdays we do Salsa and Lessons, Fridays Jazz in our lobby, Friday and Saturday night Foul Play Cafe a murder mystery group and then on Sunday Live music Tango...
I hope you were able to take part in our events.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I plan many corporate training events throughout the year all over the country. The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown has everything that I look for during my process. My company has used this facility several times, and plan to continue to do so in the future. The planning process is quick and painless, thanks to the attentive and caring staff. In having to plan 200+ events for six different travelers throughout the course of a year, trust me when I say that I hear every negative piece of feedback they have to offer. I have not heard one negative thing about this Sheraton, only positive. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Annie B-

Our event team is the best in town, paired with our banquet team with the average tenure of 12 years is a great combination. Our job is to take that pressure off you and sounds like we did. I am so happy with your comments and that we always exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We drive through Albuquerque twice a year, and choose lodgings near I-40 so that we can enter and exit the city quickly. The Sheraton Uptown has never disappointed us. The rates are very reasonable, clean rooms, cheerful personnel. The club lounge floor for Starwood members is particularly nice. The only complaint is a lack of good restaurants nearby although there is a high-end retail mall down the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Berenice-

Thanks for the nice review on our hotel. I have some great news for you. We have three new restaurants and New Mexico's first IMAX Theater coming to Uptown. On your next visit please let me know I will point you in the direction of some of my favorite restaurants in the immediate area.

Safe Travels Yours in Hospitality
damenkompanowski@sheratonuptown.com

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We travel regularly to New Mexico and stay with either Starwood or Hilton properties because we have Platinum and Diamond status respectively. This trip we decided to try a different hotel, this time the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown.

As we walked through the door we were greeted by the delightful "Mandy". We actually had a great time during the check-in process. We were able to banter amusingly while she provided us with information on local attractions, including figuring the name of a random business we wanted to visit but whose name we had forgotten.

We had planned to stay at another hotel on the final evening of our trip, but based upon this initial experience (and what turned out to be a great property with spacious rooms, good food, and a hotel bar that actually stays open after 10:00pm) we decided to spend our time and money with a property that earned it, so we stayed the week here.

Room Tip: Rooms are great, with some bug enough to host small social gatherings or business meetings with livi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear Michale-

I am so glad you changed your plans and pick our hotel. Mandy is a pro at truly making our guest feel welcomed at our hotel. What a nice compliment that you added on to your stay to enjoy our hotel and service.

Thank you.. Hope your travel plans to ABQ are sooner that later we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Check-in was friendly and efficient although a little noisy with a jazz singer performing in reception area. Our room was located on the 6th floor and had all the usual facilities; coffee maker, safe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board as well as complimentary bottled water. There was meant to be free wi-fi in the room but when logging in we got a security warning message so didn't risk using it. We had two double beds which were Sheraton Sweet Sleepers and provided the best night's sleep of our trip so far.
Parking was free which was an added bonus.
We only stayed one night but would highly recommend this hotel as we found it very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Gwendolen-

Thanks for your review I am so happy to hear we provided a great you the best nights rest on our trip, that is our # 1 mission.. Then comes creating an experience while you are here to make your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I think you are correct about our entertainment and I asked her to adjust to our lobby. Thanks and see you soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

If you are looking to plan a meeting or event in Albuquerque, NM look no further! This hotel is the absolute best! I plan over 400+ meetings per year and each time we book with the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown our meeting is a true success. The staff is friendly and accommodating and pays attention to detail…hard to find these days! The guest rooms are clean and provide a comfortable night stay after a long day. Restaurant service is quick and the food is tasty! I mentioned to my sales contact that I really enjoyed the sauce on the chicken sandwich I had that day and the next day she had a bottle for me to take back to Chicago along with the recipe. This was a total WOW! I cannot say it enough, this hotel is the best! I wish all of the meetings I plan could be held at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Laruren-

I wish we could host all your meetings and all could come to ABQ... What a great complement. I so happy to hear when my staff listens to the guest and reacts. When I read about the sauce it made me smile and say that is my great team. Way to go... I know we will see you again when you have to plan your next meeting in ABQ. Please reach out to me I would love to thank you personally for the business you bring to us and our great city.