“Thoroughly remodeled” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leawood, Kansas
“Thoroughly remodeled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We're always delighted to be pleasantly surprised when we book a room online at a great rate. This visit was one of the better surprises!

The facility is relatively easily accessible from I-40, though about an easy mile on a main drag from the interchange. It's a few miles east of the I-25 interchange, so it was right along my route to Tucson.

The facility is one of the very tall full-service hotels that caters to meetings and conventions. While the exterior is not particularly up-to-date, the interior has clearly been totally remodeled.

The front desk staff was outstanding - both the registration person and the bellman.

Often, when the facility is advertised as "remodeled" you'll see beautiful pictures of the registration desk and lobby, but then find the rooms and halls to be woeful. In THIS facility, the remodeling was complete! While the registration area was attractive, there was a really cool open air business computer area with huge monitors at each station nearby. There was also a nice little wall-less lounge nearby the open . It seems like an area that would foster interaction among the guests.

The elevators were fast and smooth, another pleasant surprise in a facility with older bones. It almost appears as if the elevators had also been replaced or seriously upgraded.

The carpeting in the hallways had some frayed seams, but was otherwise in good shape. The big surprise was the room which was spacious and had also been thoroughly remodeled. We had a king room that included a decent desk area with a nice executive chair. There was a good, but slow-to-respond LCD TV, and a chaise-style lounging chair.

The room was very quiet, even though we were only on the 3rd floor. The king bed was comfortable, yielding a particularly restful sleep. Especially appreciated were the accessible electrical outlets on both sides of the bed - a great place to charge our cell phones.

The room was heated and cooled by an internal system instead of those noisy through-the-wall units. I always prefer the internal system and was pleased with this one, another contributor to a restful night.

The bath and shower were great. The bath door had a frosted glass panel instead of the usual solid slab door - a nice modern touch. Inside the bath was a nice makeup area, separated from the sink area, both with granite surfaces. The shower included the now-mandatory semi-circular shower curtain rod, much to my relief. The shower had an adjustable head with plenty of water. The water pressure was a bit excessive, though, unless you're a candidate for some dermabrasion.

We stayed on a Sunday night, so the restaurants within the complex were closed. Fortunately, the lobby area bar was open and they've got a nice sandwich and appetizer menu available. We had a nice burger and a drink in a relaxing environment.

I'd return to this Albuquerque Sheraton hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert M
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Dear Robert M-

Thank you for taking the time and writing this detailed review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and looking forward to your next stay with us. Reveiw like this help other pick us over other properties so thank you...

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Hotel was very clean, service from all staff was wonderful, made me feel welcome and appreciated!

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Scoobynm-

I am very happy to hear you had a great stay at the Sheraton Uptown in ABQ... I am so proud of our hotel and my staff at our property.. Thanks for the positive comment. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area..

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

excellent food court--very kid friendly; great mall and restaurants within walking distance, very nice indoor pool and great workout facility; very helpful, available staff

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Sharon J-

Thank your for your wonderful review... Our hotel is located in the heart of Uptown with the best shopping, eating and entertainment within minutes of our hotel.. With our excellent staff, beautiful hotel and location I could not think of a better place to stay. Thanks again I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

On a recent road trip through Albuquerque I used my SPG points to stay at the Sheraton ABQ Uptown hotel. I liked it so much that I paid cash and stayed there on the way back as well! The rooms are large and clean. The location can't be beat, within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. They even are dog-friendly. Next time I travel with my pooch I'll definitely keep this place in mind!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear SweetieNumber1,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We take immense pride in our hotel, and it's always a joy when that pays off for the guest. We look forward to your next visit with us, and to meeting your pooch.

wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Got a great deal on Hotwire. Huge room with lovely decor. Starbucks coffee in room. Internet in the lobby, not free in the room. No free breakfast, but loved the luxury. Less than a mile off the highway. Only negatives-the pool was closed for maintenance and a few stray hairs found in tub.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gogirlWisconsin
Dear gogirlWisconsin,

Please allow me to start off by apologizing for the negatives you experienced at our hotel. We understand that our guests have certain expectations when staying at our hotel, and us not meeting those expectations is unacceptable. We hold ourselves 100% accountable in fixing these negatives for future guests, and for your future stay shall you come back our way.

Also, thank you very much for the kind remarks. I am pleased that you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. Starbucks coffee in the room makes waking up worth while!

Chihuahua, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel was great. It´s a great value for your money. The room is very nice; check inn is fast, staff very dedicated to service.
Rooms are well equipped, clean, nice decoration, great beds. Great hotel in general.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Roberto R,

Our staff is absolutely dedicated to service, and I'm happy that they took care of you! We appreciate you taking the time to commend the hotel, and hope to see you again in the future.

Yukon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Traveling over the holidays I chose this hotel as it got nice reviews. I have not stayed at a 'Sheraton' before but have heard from friends and family that these hotels are nice. Checking in at this hotel was breeze, no lines at elevators, great room too with everything you would ask for. I got a great price for the room as well over the Christmas holiday so I don't have any complaints at all for this hotel. It's location is great as well and only a few blocks from I-40. I would give this hotel a "5 Star" rating as I think it is a bit behind the times.
In this world of cellphones, computers and other digital devices, there is no free Wi-Fi at the hotel. Most other hotel chains offer this service and I make note of those that do. Why not "Sheraton"? The service they do provide is offered for $9.95 after I made a call to 'Lodgnet' customer service and then the front desk who then informed me of the $9.95.
I have been to other nice hotel chains that offer free Wi-Fi and tell me when I check-in and give me an access code as well. Needless to say, I would be a bit more impressed with Sheraton if they offered this service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Rkymtn84,

I'm happy that we were able to meet the majority of your needs, and that you enjoyed your stay with us over Christmas. Our location can not be beat! Also, a huge thank you to your friends and family for recommending Sheraton. I hope you will continue to choose Sheraton/Starwood for your hotel needs. I'm confident you will be pleased.

Allow me to apologize for the internet. We understand the convenience of free wi-fi in rooms. At this time though, this is a Starwood policy as well as the policy of most "full-service" hotels. However, we will continue to offer free wi-fi in the lobby, and in our club lounge which can be utilized for a $15 fee and includes continental breakfast, drinks and h’douvres, and an amazing view! I hope you will consider this options shall you visit a Sheraton property again.