“Newly renovated, great airport location”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #35 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton on our way out of town and we were pleasantly surprised by the nicely renovated rooms and the great customer service. The front desk staff were welcoming and very helpful. They have a free airport shuttle and offer free parking for guests even while they are out of town - a very nice amenity. There are still a few reminders that the property is a bit on the older side, but they have done a nice job updating the rooms. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The restaurant and bar were lively and had nice offerings. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor away from the elevators with a mountain view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Ivan A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Buffalogirl41,

I’m glad to hear that our associates at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel provided you with great customer service. I will pass on your experience to all of our guest service associates. Thank you for mentioning the great views of Albuquerque and the Sandia Mountains our guestrooms provide. Our hotel proudly shows off the beauty of our city. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you back at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel during you next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a convention in town at UNM, which is a nice 5 min away. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous during check in, the waitress in the bar (that we attended every night) was just amazing, friendly, attentive; rooms are nice n upscale beds are SOOO comfortable! Bedroom layout is a lil awkward with desk, but wardrobe n bathroom are awesome. No fridge/ microwave. We checked out the rstaurant once for breakfast (we had free tickets), eggs bacon sausage pastry n potatoes, pretty nice but sit down n wait style so we had to rush. Overall nice stay :)

• Stayed: January 2014

mgomeza,

Thank you for the glowing evaluation of our outstanding staff! I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your convention at the University of New Mexico. I will share your experience and service observations with our guest service and lounge associates. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. We hope that you will return to the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel the next time you are in Albuquerque.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We booked the Airport Sheraton the instant that WSU Cougars were confirmed for the New Mexico Bowl. Flew down Friday dec 21, and when our flight arrived at 11:30 PM the airport van was there immediately. Late night checkin went smoothly. Room rate excellent at $75 per night.
Next morning we wanted a leisurely breakfast prior to the game, and it took 45 minutes to be served in the relatively uncrowned restaurant. Slower and more inefficient service we have never witnessed, and for every table around us to. The hotel van was always available, for the game or the airport. Room was nice for price, clean and well maintained. Bar scene was lively and drinks were timely and well served after game. Checkout efficient, with timely hotel van to airport checkin. Great stay, but don't eat in hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffery S

Jeffery S,

We are honored that you selected our hotel to stay during the New Mexico Bowl. I will be pleased to pass on your outstanding review of the service you received from our transportation and guest service associates during check-in and checkout. We have a great team at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel and we are thankful for your business. We value all feedback and we will use your experience to make certain we enhance our service in the future. We hope to see you back at the hotel upon your next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed one night at the airport Sheraton in Albuquerque. It was a very pleasant experience. Friendly and gracious describes the stay. The hotel is very near the airport terminal. But not really in reasonable walking distance as some have described. However when I exited the airport terminal building the Sheraton bus was waiting. I had not requested the shuttle, but the hotel had noted my arrival time, and sent the shuttle. Friendly driver. Courteous. Just a comfortable short trip to the hotel. No sudden stops or starts, nor sharp corners. Just smooth. Registration was rapid and smooth. I stayed in the club (top) level. Worth the extra money. The hotel is very clean. It is also quiet. There was a raucous group enjoying the lobby lounge, but as I entered the elevator, all that noise disappeared. As stated, the airport is adjacent to the hotel, but I never heard any airplane (or other noise). The room was exceptionally clean, the bed comfortable, the pillows great. The club level lounge is in a corner, with picture windows looking out to serene vistas. The attendant was gracious, helpful, and kept the space neat.
Every staff I encountered was friendly and gracious. As I departed, several thanked me for staying with them. As I waited outside for my pickup, a hotel driver asked if I needed a ride somewhere. The hotel furnishings are quality. Not flashy nor ostentatious, just quiet great good quality. Negatives? The potatoes in the breakfast buffet were really bad. Dry, overcooked, That's all the negatives I have.

Room Tip: Stay on the club level. It is well worth the extra money
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Don G
Ivan A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Don G,

The entire staff at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel appreciates your first-class appraisal of our staff, amenities, and service. We feel honored that you would chose to use the words “Friendly and Gracious” to describe us. We hope to see you back at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel upon your next trip and thank you for honest appraisal of the potatoes in the Sheraton Club Lounge. We look forward to accommodating you with many enjoyable stays in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had business near the airport and chose the Sheraton ABQ Airport and was not disappointed. Samantha checked me in and did an excellent job answering all questions before I asked (breakfast, fitness center, wi-fi, bar, check out). From the outside it looks a bit old but the inside is very well appointed and modern. For the price the rooms are excellent. Went down to the small bar on a Thursday night for a night cap and it was packed. Everywhere I turned throughout my stay staff was asking to help me. Fitness center very good, wi-fi dependable, airport shuttle dependable but give them advance notice, breakfast very good. Clean rooms and well appointed. The only two minor issues I had was the TV was very slow to change channels and I could not find a TV listing, and the business center was so complicated it was difficult to sign in, get to your airline website and then sign out to erase your credentials -- obviously operator error. This will be my Go-To hotel if work keeps me near the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up corner room with a King bed
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MarkV709

MarkV709,

I’m pleased to know that our location was convenient during your recent business trip to Albuquerque. I was happy to hear that Samantha did such a terrific job of explaining our hotel amenities at check in. I would like to apologize for the slow remote control and that you could not locate the television channel listing. During your next stay with us please feel free to contact us 24 hours a day and our guest service associates will assist you with any questions or needs. Also, thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our helpful staff, as well as, our clean guestrooms. I will share your experience with our entire team.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights - one night prior to an early morning flight to San Francisco and then two nights later when I touched down late and did not want to drive back to Santa Fe. Both stays were great. Nice rooms. Great service. The dinner I bought through room service was a bit disappointing, but otherwise great stays.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank spazgirl

Spazgirl,

I’m glad that your stay was enjoyable and convenient. Our location is especially great for early morning flights and we also provide a parking package which covers the cost of parking for up to 14 days. I would like to apologize for your in-room dining experience and thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you back soon at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I recommended this location to my sister. I'm writing on behalf of my sister's family of 4. Debra was able to help with a personal family matter in a prompt and courtesy manner. My sister was traveling from Boise, Idaho to North Carolina for a miltarty relocation. According to my sister the rooms were great, the staff was wonderful. The Front Desk when handling my sister's situation was knowledgable and prepared.Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

JasminB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your sister’s experience at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel. I will pass on your kind words to Debra and our front office associates. We all know how stressful a cross country move can be so we are glad we could assist in make this experience more pleasant. Please let your sister know that we appreciate her business!