Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
Econo Lodge Old Town(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$71
$66
EconoLodge
$59
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

$75
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$73
$69
$95
$72
$65
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

$101
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$94
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$75
All reviewsthe club loungealbuquerque airporton demandrental caran early flightnext morningthe shuttle driverstarbucks coffeelobby barfront desk staffup to datewould stay here againvery nice hotellate at nightfitness centernew mexicocomfortable rooms
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed at The Sheraton Albuquerque Hotel. I was part of a large group saying on October 18 & 19, 2013. Many in our group were very upset with their accommodations, some citing a sewage smell in several rooms, poor plumbing; others, like myself, lacking adequate space within the confines of the room. This brings me to Front Office Manager, Ivan. Ivan is, without a doubt, the most rude, impertinent, insolent, inadequate Front Office Manager I have ever encountered. Ivan is in desperate need of Customer Relations training. He came to my room to see that our accommodations were less than adequate. Instead of immediately saying that he was sorry and understood, he was defensive and proclaimed that the description of the room said it held four people and we were only three; therefore he was right and we were wrong. In the interest of full disclosure, he sent a glass top table to put in the bathroom as there was no vanity. He told me to call him the next day and he would see if he could do something to make it up to us. I called his direct line the next day. He did not answer and I left a message. A few hours later, I called another number and his extension; same thing; no answer and I left a message. I sent an email; no response. Very late in the day, I called the front desk and he answered. I said I had been trying to contact him. His response, “Well, I‘ve been here all day.” I said I was very disappointed that he had not returned any of my contacts and he said, “What do you want?” This could go on & on, but let me say that he offered to put some points in my account. Keep the points, Ivan. Ivan told me that I was rude and talking over him and that I needed to be quiet and let him speak. Really? Therein lies the problem…he never listened to me to begin with.
There was a bright spot on this stay: Melissa at the front desk. She was very nice and very helpful as was the remainder of the support staff.
In summary, fix your plumbing and sewage issues, give some of your staff more training and perhaps you could have a satisfactory venue.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BrooklynGirl4
Ivan A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

BrooklynGirl4,
I would like to personally apologize for your experience during your recent stay. Please know that it was never my intention to offend you and your travel partners by offering complementary dinner and Starwood Preferred Guest points for the inconvenience. I do understand the need for additional vanity space and closet space when traveling with various people in one room and apologize that the space provided in your room was not adequate. The hotel staff attempted to accommodate your request for extra luggage racks and extra table space, but from the information you have provided I recognize that we didn’t meet your expectations. I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to prove to you that we can exceed them. If you find the time I would like to apologize to you and your travel partners please feel free to contact me at 505.843.7000 or via email at ivan.aguilar@sheratonabqaiport.com.
Ivan Aguilar
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We moved down here from Santa Fe by Railrunner and shuttle the evening before our flight back to Chicago, and the location was just right, a short distance walk across to the airport. Like others, we found room maintenance a bit lacking (shower head loose on the wall), but the location and the food made up for it. We had been allocated a room on the top floor, which felt a bit exposed given that the hotel is the tallest for some distance around, but the bonus was that we had access to the Club Lounge : who needs dessert at dinner when there was so much delicious stuff on hand for free in the Lounge! And the room was otherwise fine anyway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank railbuffs
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Railbuffs,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We appreciate your business. I apologize for the loose shower head. If you didn't report it to the front desk if you would provide me with the room information I can have maintenance check out the room. Also thank you for great comments about the club, lounge, food and staff.

We hope we get an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was on a Road Scholar tour and stayed there for a total of 3 nights in October 2013. The manager, Ivan [--], was rude and not helpful. We were three middle aged women in a handicapped room (which we did not request) which had a small, half closet. When we asked the concierge to visit the room, she brought Ivan the manager with her. He proceeded to tell us that the room did accommodate three people. That wasn't our issue. It was for a handicapped person and didn't have the room we needed. He was not interested in assisting us. The food was inedible. One of our programs was re-located twice and we didn't know where to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marie C

Marie C,
Ivan Aguilar
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed theer earlier this week and the bathtub drained very slowly (gross!!) and also the cabinet pull in the main closet across from the sink was hanging by a thread and looked dangerous. One part of the pul was screwed in and the other part was not.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EllenKSeattle

Ellen:

First thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay. Second, I apologize if there was anything wrong with the room. We always strive to maintain our rooms and your feedback is helpful. '

We appreciate your kind words about our staff as well. We hope you give us another opportunity to show you we don't always have issues and that this was an isolated incident.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here twice on the same trip, once when we arrived (late night flight) and again when we left (early morning departure). Our rooms were quiet and comfortable, yet with a nice view of the airport. We had the usual amenities that you'd expect from Sheraton. The staff was friendly and efficient. We skipped breakfast at the hotel.

There's not much to do within walking distance of the hotel, but a short drive gets you to downtown, the university district, etc. It's a bit far from the balloon fiesta grounds, if that's your reason for coming to town.

The free shuttle to the airport is great and runs frequently. You can walk to the airport if you like (it's less than a mile) and if you don't have a lot of bags. They will also shuttle you directly to/from the car rental terminal, which is too far to walk, but you may need to call them to pick you up.

There are a few other hotels nearby, but I think I'd stay here again for the combination of features, comfort, and price. Our two stays were about a week apart, one in September and one in October. I am going to write just one review, as the comments and my opinion would be the same for both.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty quiet. Some have a nice view of the sunrise over the mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.